Whaley Firing is Inevitable and Pegula Needs to Wake Up

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I agree. I don't have a problem with the way the Bills are structured. The Pegula's are the CEO; and have the GM and Head Coach working for them. Could Whaley have done a better job of being professional with the media; yes...but who cares. At the end the Pegulas are letting the GM be the Personnel guy and the HC be the guy in charge of stuff on the field. They have every right to take actions on either side without having to include the other in the discussion. I am sure they have taken input from both sides (Whaley and Rex) every week during the season before they came to the conclusion. How they want to distribute the information is their style.

The initial problem with the Bills org structure is this co-CEO set up. How can you have two owners? A husband and wife. What's the dynamic between the two? How are decisions made? How many other owners have their spouse sitting at the table as an equal decision maker with them? You need one person in charge, either Kim or Terry. And Whaley's answers at the press conference concerning his role as 'general manager' were disturbing and makes it sound like nobody is setting clear goals or actions here.

The way the Bills are run sounds like an intervention is needed similar to the TV shows Bar Rescue or Restaurant Impossible. If you've seen either you should get what I'm saying. Clueless owners running a dysfunctional operation that need help from an expert. That path wasn't taken 2 years ago and it appears it will not be taken now.

The frustration is this would be relatively easy to fix if ownership was willing to take the actions necessary rather than do what they are comfortable with doing.

The initial problem with the Bills org structure is this co-CEO set up. How can you have two owners? A husband and wife. What's the dynamic between the two? How are decisions made? How many other owners have their spouse sitting at the table as an equal decision maker with them? You need one person in charge, either Kim or Terry. And Whaley's answers at the press conference concerning his role as 'general manager' were disturbing and makes it sound like nobody is setting clear goals or actions here.

The way the Bills are run sounds like an intervention is needed similar to the TV shows Bar Rescue or Restaurant Impossible. If you've seen either you should get what I'm saying. Clueless owners running a dysfunctional operation that need help from an expert. That path wasn't taken 2 years ago and it appears it will not be taken now.

The frustration is this would be relatively easy to fix if ownership was willing to take the actions necessary rather than do what they are comfortable with doing.

Maybe they should hire Jay Skurski.