Matt Jones runs 4.37 at 242 lbs at NFL Combine

Chilly

So what position does he play? Ive read QB, TE and whatever else. I know I'll see the combine at least 3 times throughout the night so I'll look for him I just need to know who I'm lookin for. at 6'6 242, 4.37 I'd Have him right out their at WR (assuming he can catch, but i dont assume...well yeah i do)...Whats Keyshawn, like 6-5 230? Well imagine this guy out their runnin at the speed of Lee Evans (on wet grass) with the body of Antonio Gates. We'd love Gates right? Well here he is, again assuming he can catch. And if he has to play TE, coach up his blockin and we got beast.

at WR he is average, but with his speed and height at TE he could be awesome!!!!

He is better served to go the TE route where you can take advantage of his size and athleticisim rather than putting him up against track stars.

255056[/snapback]

But the problem with putting him at TE is going to be his blocking skills. He doesn't have any. At WR, yes, he'll be going up against some very fast players, but Jones himself is fast and again, he'll have a big advantage on them in terms of size and strength. There have been WRs in the NFL smaller and slower than Jones who have had great careers because they could overpower and out-position the opposing CB. Think about it. He's 6'6 240. Your average CB goes about 5'11 190. Its a total mismatch, especially when you consider that he's at least as fast as a typical NFL corner.

So what position does he play? Ive read QB, TE and whatever else. I know I'll see the combine at least 3 times throughout the night so I'll look for him I just need to know who I'm lookin for. at 6'6 242, 4.37 I'd Have him right out their at WR (assuming he can catch, but i dont assume...well yeah i do)...Whats Keyshawn, like 6-5 230? Well imagine this guy out their runnin at the speed of Lee Evans (on wet grass) with the body of Antonio Gates. We'd love Gates right? Well here he is, again assuming he can catch. And if he has to play TE, coach up his blockin and we got beast.

255072[/snapback]

He is working out with the QB's at the combine. He got some action at the senior bowl as a receiver for the first time. He is definitely helping his draft status at the combine, he is a stand out athlete.