[Please Change Title]Anyone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop buying tickets.

Only way to make Russ change things is if the money dries up.

They also can't sell taxpayers on funding a new stadium in 5 years if the team is a 20-year failure.

You realize that they are crazy profitable even if they sold zero tickets. They get more money from ticket sales on the road than they do at home. The percentage is smaller but the prices are so much higher elsewhere. "Stop by tickets" will have no impact whatsoever.

"Anyone"? Anyone want to find out what this thread might be about? I won't be quitting now. The 16 years and counting crowd is silly. New owners, new deal. I see a whole new and very different future, and I think it's exciting. New teams, new stadium eventually, and better results.

you are a lot stronger than me, I'm so numb

I'm certainly frustrated but still went to watch a meaningless game on New Year's Day. It's just something that my family and I have always done. We go every week (I don't make as many living in NOLA) and we go watch the rest. I've missed 2 games that I can remember and I'm 35. There are a lot of people more dedicated than me but I don't see a scenario where I'd be doing something else on a Sunday in the fall.

You realize that they are crazy profitable even if they sold zero tickets. They get more money from ticket sales on the road than they do at home. The percentage is smaller but the prices are so much higher elsewhere. "Stop by tickets" will have no impact whatsoever.

If the team can't fund a new stadium the league could pressure Pegula to sell the team to another market/move the team to another market when the current lease is up

No they can't.

They absolutely can - all it would take is Jerry Jones mandating current stadiums have updated amenities, and then Erie County refusing to fund a new stadium or a renovation of New Era Field would force Pegula to sell or move

They absolutely can - all it would take is Jerry Jones mandating current stadiums have updated amenities, and then Erie County refusing to fund a new stadium or a renovation of New Era Field would force Pegula to sell or move

No they can't. The owner's can do whatever they want. The reason that owners push for new stadiums is because it raises the shared portion of the revenue. The owners make more money that way. They have absolutely zero say though in mandating stadium amenities. They have no control over that.

Nope, I'm here when they are good and bad. It's not something that will ever change for me. I care too much. I can't ever foresee a scenario where I wouldn't care what happens to them.

My first 2 years of marriage we went back to back 2-14. My wife asked "why do you do this to yourself?" My first born son just got engaged and for Christmas his brother gave him a signed Bruce Smith jersey sewn into a giant frame. He LOVED it and started eying places to put it. The fiancé was thinking maybe out on the porch where we'll never see it? She didn't know what she was marrying into, but this was a good introduction. I've warned her before. It's over his desk in the 3rd BR/office. A fine compromise, and where I sleep in Nashville. :)

Nope, I will always be a Bills fan through thick and thin. I was born a Bills fan and will die a Bills fan. And I live in Browns country and have a relative in Chargers organization. Bills are not a laughing stock to me at all, lol.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Anyone feel like they don't want to be associated with this organization because all the lies and a sports in general laughing stock they become?

What lies? You mean not sticking their neck out for people who have been calling them bozos and spending 90% of their time convincing you that the organization are "the laughing stock"? Do you blame them? They don't give a crap what the media is doing. There will always be a narrative. The answers you think you want aren't there to give.

Edited by What a Tuel

My first 2 years of marriage we went back to back 2-14. My wife asked "why do you do this to yourself?" My first born son just got engaged and for Christmas his brother gave him a signed Bruce Smith jersey sewn into a giant frame. He LOVED it and started eying places to put it. The fiancé was thinking maybe out on the porch where we'll never see it? She didn't know what she was marrying into, but this was a good introduction. I've warned her before. It's over his desk in the 3rd BR/office. A fine compromise, and where I sleep in Nashville. :)

Great stuff Aug!! It isn't something that we do, it's a part of who we are.