AP John Wawrow interview with Terry Pegula

Reed83HOF

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what do you know, same **** Whaley said.

The local media will hate this story.

Exactly. Doug didn't do himself any favors saying stuff like it never crossed his mind whether or not Rex should be fired. I guess technically he could even say this because he never flat out asked himself that. But it's just nonsense.

Well what do you know, same **** Whaley said.

The local media will hate this story.

Is it?

"(Whaley) had input on the basis of conversations throughout the year, what the problems were," Pegula said.

brings up a question i've had for a while. why do we not consider wawrow local media?

Two reasons. One he works for a national publication not a local paper. Two, and more importantly, he works for the Associated Press. He's a reporter only, so he goes by the old fashioned rules of straight reporting. His job is not to offer opinions in his articles, just to report facts and attribute quotes. The TBN guys and Rochester guys and others offer their opinions as well as report stories.

He felt the need to expand on his press release from the day of the firing because the media bitched. He's still not going to say anything "juicy". He's an owner and he has class.

and they're probably more pissed because Pegula won't speak to TBN....

Nice - Jw is the one Pegs goes to for interviews. Clearly respects him.

Amazing what happens when you know the meaning of being a professional in your line of work and not a petulant little child running around stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum when thigns don't go their way like many of the others do...

How was this HMMMMMM worthy?

Based on the shitshow going on in the Twitterverse and the local media's handling of the press conference, I say it's worthy.

Some of the local media guys really should be looking for other work -- one that doesn't require so much critical thinking, analysis, or class.

Why didn't any of Bucky, Sully, or Graham get this plum Pegula interview? :lol:

I disagree with decision to fire Rex as is well documented.

On this, I agree 100%. Bucky, Sully et al burned their bridges a long time ago and will not treat the Pegulas fairly whether they grant them an interview or not.

John, on the other hand, always has been fair . . . and that is why he got the interview.

How was this HMMMMMM worthy?

Based on the shitshow going on in the Twitterverse and the local media's handling of the press conference, I say it's worthy.

Some of the local media guys really should be looking for other work -- one that doesn't require so much critical thinking, analysis, or class.

or any thinking really.

I'm glad Pegula did the interview to tamp down TBN nonsense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz