Has Tyrod Taylor had proper coaching?

I asked over and over has Tyrod been coached properly.

I don't see him reading defenses, I don't see plays called in time, I see him ignore Sammy Watkins continually, no audibles, no hurry up offense and an unimaginative offensive coordinator.

The running game is good, but passing they are given very little chance to succeed as formations are simplistic and no creativity.

I see very few questions asked of the offensive coordinator as to what is called and what Their is allowed to do at the line.

The first time he reads the defence at the los and makss a hot read will be the first.

Edited by Billsfan1972

I asked over and over has Tyrod been coached properly.

I don't see him reading defenses, I don't see plays called in time, I see him ignore Sammy Watkins continually, no audibles, no hurry up offense and an unimaginative offensive coordinator.

The running game is good, but passing they are given very little chance to succeed as formations are simplistic and no creativity.

I see very few questions asked of the offensive coordinator as to what is called and what Their is allowed to do at the line.

The first time he reads the defence at the los and makss a hot read will be the first.

I don't know the answer to the first question.

Someone here in another thread linked an article that analyzed several of Tyrod's games (4 I think) and showed that Tyrod did read the D and make his progressions.

Trent Dilfer and Brian Billick had a critique of Roman's passing game last year and made the comment that Taylor's eyes and feet didn't match what was going on downfield, and they thought it was a sign of poor coaching (OK that was my interpretation, I think YPP interpreted it as a critique of poor play structure).

I don't know the answer to the first question.

Someone here in another thread linked an article that analyzed several of Tyrod's games (4 I think) and showed that Tyrod did read the D and make his progressions.

Trent Dilfer and Brian Billick had a critique of Roman's passing game last year and made the comment that Taylor's eyes and feet didn't match what was going on downfield, and they thought it was a sign of poor coaching (OK that was my interpretation, I think YPP interpreted it as a critique of poor play structure).

id be curious about someone splicing up whats going on with the ball almost never out on his last step -- if one of our local media folks would do that for us, that would be great (ie route depth, timing of cuts vs his drop)

Making reads as the play progresses is expected and is a sign of progress.

I'm talking pre-snap, where I see no changing of the play at the line and again the obvious a minimum of 10 targets to Watkins a game. That's a no brainer IMO.

i see very little of it either.

between that, the lack of a hurry up offense, etc... it seems like roman and possibly lynn didnt trust him to make reads and decisions on his own.

not knowing whats going on presnap makes a ton of sense for avoiding the middle of the field. if you dont know what the safety or linebacker is going to do after the snap im sure its hard as anything to find them once the bullets are flying and who knows what read/option your receiver would make if you dont know what they are seeing.

I don't know if he has or has not, but I do know that I'm confused as to why Lee gets the "QB Guru" label all the time. I can't find one QB that has been better after he coached them..

and granted, many werent ever going to be good, so im not trying to kill the guy -- but it seems like the fundamentals stagnate or even decline under his coaching. maybe im just projecting frustration but it seems to be true of a few situations.

Before Major Boobie storms in here, Ill say it for him cuz I agree on this one. NO QB ON THE BILLS has had proper QB coaching with David Lee running the show. Period. Not EJ, not Tyrod, and unfortunately Cardale wont either

i see very little of it either.

between that, the lack of a hurry up offense, etc... it seems like roman and possibly lynn didnt trust him to make reads and decisions on his own.

this. Its exactly what Dilfer was talking about when he mentioned how the play calling was hindering Tyrods growth for the sake of winning more games. You only become good at something when you do it a lot. You want Tyrod to be a shark you gotta toss him in the water.

Before Major Boobie storms in here, Ill say it for him cuz I agree on this one. NO QB ON THE BILLS has had proper QB coaching with David Lee running the show. Period. Not EJ, not Tyrod, and unfortunately Cardale wont either

this. Its exactly what Dilfer was talking about when he mentioned how the play calling was hindering Tyrods growth for the sake of winning more games. You only become good at something when you do it a lot. You want Tyrod to be a shark you gotta toss him in the water.

You have to give him the ability to make reads or it is a lost cause. Make mistakes and also some big plays too imo. To see a play called on the sideline that everyone watching knows is a lost cause before the snap happens way too much.

Again the 300 yard debate. Have a game plan that is ready to throw for 300 (or at least 250), which for the majority of the NFL is pretty simple and happens multiple X's/season is all I ask for.....

13 Teams averaged over 250/game, Buffalo 190 and completed the least # in the league......

problem is if he sinks like a brick we are stuck with him for 2 years and even then have a 10m hit to cut him.

not opening it up this year was a huge issue and if the problem was that roman, and lynn both agreed that he didnt have it... well...

im just spitballing here and not pushing... mostly venting frustration with the situation.

If what you think is true then idk y they wudnt bring him along slowly. Alex Smith had to start for what? 4 or 5 years before he became decent. If he was in Buff instead of SF he wuda been pushed out by the fanbase in 2 or 3 yrs.

problem is if he sinks like a brick we are stuck with him for 2 years and even then have a 10m hit to cut him.

not opening it up this year was a huge issue and if the problem was that roman, and lynn both agreed that he didnt have it... well...

im just spitballing here and not pushing... mostly venting frustration with the situation.

Edited by Marty McFly

After our 2nd game Cohwer was having a fit that you don't have a passing game designed to have all of the receivers standing still waiting for the ball.

Not fair, McCoy gets swing passes out of the backfield :rolleyes: and almost every other pass is to the sideline or a curl.