Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

@viccarucci

#Bills & Sean McDermott meeting today at Pegulas' home in Boca Raton, Fla. All signs point to finalizing a 5-year deal to become HC.

@AlbertBreer

As @viccarucci/@RapSheet said, Panthers DC Sean McDermott in Boca for a 2nd meeting with the Pegulas. Bills closing in on a decision on HC.

Should I go over there and hide in the bushes again?

If it proves to be correct that McDermott is it, I hope he and his staff can instill a heavy dose of mental toughness on this team. More than talent I think it is the culture.

IMO guys like Dareus, Clay, Watkins, Gilmore, P.Brown ,Darby, Hughes, perhaps a few others could use it.

Toughness in the sense of preparation in season and out of season. In the sense of not breaking when things aren't going well and finding a way to break through. learning from mistakes and being accountable to the team. And Concentrating on the task at hand.

Edited by horned dogs

Leroi is selling this in the shout box right now...

Said we are in Charlotte right now negotiating with him to be the HC and McCoy is OC. Whaley led the search, Monos sold it and everyone is in agreement...

Also said we interviewed for 9 hours in MYC with McDermott and decision to move on from TT was made weeks ago. last he heard was Brees for a replacement, but that was months ago...

Brees as a replacement for TT would be Fuccillo!!! I wonder what the Bills will have to give up in return to make that happen.

Also, the only WR on contract for 2017 is Watkins. Will the Bills resign Woods and/or Goodwin? Will they draft and/or acquire WR(s) via FA.