Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

I don't think he said that.

---

A: Well, this search will be different. The first one, I was an assistant [General Manager]. The second one, we did by a committee approach. This one will fall squarely on my shoulders with the help of Jim Monos.

Q: Who was part of that committee two years ago?

A: It was myself, Russ Brandon, Kim and Terry Pegula.

Again, I think you are confusing the search with the actual resulting interviews. He and monos are making the recommendation. Pegulas are making the final decision. They have to meet the candidates in order to make a decision on a HC. I never got the impression they would not actually meet the candidates.

I am surprised they are not talking to Schwartz

Why. I want to a good HC. We had Chan Gailey...He was terrible as a HC.

Chan was in over his head. I think I just would like to see Reich get a shot... and I'd like to see that happen in Buffalo.

I don't think he said that.

---

A: Well, this search will be different. The first one, I was an assistant [General Manager]. The second one, we did by a committee approach. This one will fall squarely on my shoulders with the help of Jim Monos.

Q: Who was part of that committee two years ago?

A: It was myself, Russ Brandon, Kim and Terry Pegula.

Again, I think you are confusing the search with the actual resulting interviews. He and monos are making the recommendation. Pegulas are making the final decision. They have to meet the candidates in order to make a decision on a HC. I never got the impression they would not actually meet the candidates.

I think the two of you are talking in circles and likely agree. I don't believe anyone would suggest the Pegulas aren't going to meet the candidates, but as far as vetting and the interview process it's the Whaley/Monos show. Unless the favored candidate grabs Kim's ass or calls Terry a dirty fracker I can't imagine they will veto Whaley's choice this time around.

As I said before, of course Pegulas will have the final signoff. That's never been in question.

But in a press conference where Whaley stonewalled most questions, he went out of the way to explain that the previous hires were a committee process, but this one would be run by him & Monos. Which is how most job openings are filled - candidates meet with the recruiting front line and at the end they have a final sit down with the senior folks for the ultimate approval.

Yet, after all the talk, the first interview with McDermott is at the Pegula's house. To me, the message is that maybe they're still reluctant to take Whaley's training wheels off.

As I said before, of course Pegulas will have the final signoff. That's never been in question.

But in a press conference where Whaley stonewalled most questions, he went out of the way to explain that the previous hires were a committee process, but this one would be run by him & Monos. Which is how most job openings are filled - candidates meet with the recruiting front line and at the end they have a final sit down with the senior folks for the ultimate approval.

Yet, after all the talk, the first interview with McDermott is at the Pegula's house. To me, the message is that maybe they're still reluctant to take Whaley's training wheels off.

I would not read too much into where the interviews are taking place.

I would not read too much into where the interviews are taking place.

It matters a lot if you're a candidate and you're wondering about the GM's position in the organization. Perhaps unwittingly, but Pegulas continue to neuter Whaley.

Don't worry, Terry and Kim promised to stay upstairs during the interview.

LOL

Doug (as Terry tiptoes down the stairs): "Terry?! Come on! We talked about this!"

Terry: "I just want to grab a glass of water... you guys go ahead and keep talking..."

Doug: "But you're just standing there!"

Terry: "Well, you were talking to me... You know what? I'm just going to sit here. Just pretend I'm not here..."

Honestly, this is all just funny to me now. I've moved on from being angry. It's a sports team. This is supposed to be fun. Let's just enjoy the show.

@TBNSports

Things to know about #Bills coaching candidate Sean McDermott. @NickVeronica at [bN] Blitz: http://bit.ly/2hW4EiY

C1awVjMXAAAIQBg.jpg

I'd take the charger job if I was him with Rivers being there

I don't know how I feel about this guy. He looks like he has a collection of other people's used socks.

Got em from Rex's wife

I think the two of you are talking in circles and likely agree. I don't believe anyone would suggest the Pegulas aren't going to meet the candidates, but as far as vetting and the interview process it's the Whaley/Monos show. Unless the favored candidate grabs Kim's ass or calls Terry a dirty fracker I can't imagine they will veto Whaley's choice this time around.

You know the rules... Pics, or it didn't happen! :ph34r:

Don't worry, Terry and Kim promised to stay upstairs during the interview.

LOL

Doug (as Terry tiptoes down the stairs): "Terry?! Come on! We talked about this!"

Terry: "I just want to grab a glass of water... you guys go ahead and keep talking..."

Doug: "But you're just standing there!"

Terry: "Well, you were talking to me... You know what? I'm just going to sit here. Just pretend I'm not here..."

Honestly, this is all just funny to me now. I've moved on from being angry. It's a sports team. This is supposed to be fun. Let's just enjoy the show.

This would actually be ok.....as long as he didnt talk