Shaq - some players don't take losing serioulsy

Reed83HOF

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn 42s43 seconds ago

Talked to Shaq Lawson last night in NJ. He said some Buffalo Bills don't take losing seriously enough: http://trib.al/BpuIIar #BillsMafia

"It was tough for me. I'm not really used to losing. I come from a program that ain't losing. It just feels different. Some guys, when you lose, guys don't take it serious. I feel like in college, you lose a game, everybody was quiet, mad and things like that. That's what it's about. You just have to get serious. Next year has to be big for us. That starts in the offseason."

"It was kind of tough," Lawson said. "Coach Lynn preached all week to come out here and play tough, play hard. I feel like some guys didn't do that and things like that. I mean, this is like a wake-up call for me. Next year, some stuff has to change. It has to be right."

"You can't be slacking on guys," Lawson said. "I don't care who the guy is, how many years he's been here. You just have to stay hard on everybody."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not news. 4 years from now, we'll have some Alabama rookie player calling out guys like Shaq for not caring about losing. Playing for the Bills erodes your passion for the game, slowly but surely.

Fumigate the whole organization or we'll be hitting 20 years.

Edited by FireChan

Not a good sign when the rookie is pointing this out.

All of those guys who complained anonymously to Ty Dunne last week (to the extent they exist) had an opportunity to show what they were made of.

Unfortunately, they did.

This is not news. 4 years from now, we'll have some Alabama rookie player calling out guys like Shaq for not caring about losing. Playing for the Bills erodes your passion for the game, slowly but surely.

Their happy being drafted and then they get those huge checks and say screw it

Lorenzo Alexander said something similar recently. He said guys were falling asleep in meetings. They were fined but they didn't care.

Did not Shady McCoy say that as well a couple of days ago?

I remember hearing him say something like "You can fine guys [as a means of trying to instill discipline] but that doesn't really work because everyone has money."

EDIT: Maybe I am thinking of Sammy?

Edited by Fadingpain

I remember hearing him say something like "You can fine guys [as a means of trying to instill discipline] but that doesn't really work because everyone has money."

Sounds like some names need to be said

I'm on board with Operation Fumigate.

One reason why the Superbowl teams were great is they were FILLED with guys who took losing seriously.

they were just talking about it on wgr. Chris Brown said Alexander mentioned it and Shady added that the fines don't matter because players make so much money. It's usually a few bad apples but hopefully it is taken care of.

This is a big issue, not surprising and you can tell the players that want to win since they are speaking up, the silent ones it is telling who they may be. This leads me to want a Coughlin type coach who will toss these players out of here.

You also wonder if this was like this with Marrone and also led to his friction with the old-timers and Whaley. He wanted to move on from those players and Whaley's legacy is tied to those picks and FA pickups/Trades...