Aaron Williams' Family Wants Him to Retire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills should just cut him already. This guy can't seem to figure this out. If he wants to kill himself, let it be on another team. In 10 years he will be suing everyone when he can't pick up a sandwich.

6 safeties to IR, and communication issues were one of the D's biggest problems. AW knew the D. Yes, I believe the Bills would likely have beaten the Fish twice, the Seahawks, and perhaps the Raiders with AW in there. That's 11 -- oh, and the last game vs. the Jets. How does 12-4 sound?

Ridiculous. The Bills D coughed up 4 TDs to the Raiders in a row to end that one.. What would AW have done to change any of this? Smart player, but has crossed into mythical here at this point.

Edited by Mr. WEO

6 safeties to IR, and communication issues were one of the D's biggest problems. AW knew the D. Yes, I believe the Bills would likely have beaten the Fish twice, the Seahawks, and perhaps the Raiders with AW in there. That's 11 -- oh, and the last game vs. the Jets. How does 12-4 sound?

your doing that thing a lot of people do when projecting games and assuming that the added piece is going to make everything pefect. +5 wins over his replacement in a 9 game stretch of football is like an 8 win swing in a 16 game season... thats hall of fame quarterback territory. hes good, but....

As a fan, I think he should retire. The injuries that he's accumulated to his neck over the years make that area very unstable. One good hit, intentional or not, and he might not walk again.

This is a great example of how much desire and dedication it takes to make it in the NFL. Even though he's aware of the risks, he still has the passion for it. This makes it all that much harder to walk away.

But realistically he probably should.

Literally everyone other than Aaron Williams and his agent thinks he should retire.

True dat

He should go talk to Kevin Everett about what life is like with a cervical spine injury.

Landrys hit while dirty happens alot on a football field. Take care of that neck Aaron

From what I understand, if opponents know you have a weakness...they will in fact target it. I don't see how Williams can play football, especially at his position, and not put his physical well being at long term risk.

Ridiculous. The Bills D coughed up 4 TDs to the Raiders in a row to end that one.. What would AW have done to change any of this? Smart player, but has crossed into mythical here at this point.

Umm, I believe that's my point. The D would have been better. Both Fish games and the Seahawks game were one-score games, and the Bills led by double digits in the 3rd against Oakland. I think a better performing D, because of a much better player at S, would certainly have mattered.

your doing that thing a lot of people do when projecting games and assuming that the added piece is going to make everything pefect. +5 wins over his replacement in a 9 game stretch of football is like an 8 win swing in a 16 game season... thats hall of fame quarterback territory. hes good, but....

They lost games without AW by one score (Miami twice, Seattle) and their D collapsed against Oakland. Of course I'm assuming AW's presence would have impacted those results, when you consider who his replacements were.