Aaron Williams' Family Wants Him to Retire

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should replace somebody on WGR

You know...that might not be a bad idea, for real...he sounds very comfortable on the radio. As they were signing off the show, the other host (not Ricky) said, "my man, if you do hang it up, you will have no problem finding a job on the radio".

It's not really anyone's business but his. He can play again if he wants to play.

Any club allowing him on to the field is nuts. You have an obligation to keep your players safe, and if that means you are off the team, so be it

If our fan base really cares about him, and I believe that we all do, then we should start a petition to influence his thinking on retiring. He's a true Bill and I personally don't want to see him leaving the field on a stretcher again, it was gut wrenching the first 2 times, the next time I'm afraid that he won't be so lucky. 23 Love.

#23❤️

The bills should make this decision for him now

We need to fix our safety position.....aaron is great but now physically unreliable

What was the severity of the injury and what are the doctors saying about it now and going forward? I saw the hit and understand it hurt his previously repaired neck. Can he pass a football physical?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Jarvis Landry ended two careers that day...Aaron's and Rex's. With Aaron in the mix the D almost certainly plays better and the Bills probably wind up at 10-6 or 11-5.

Curious how things work out.

I hope Aaron hangs 'em up before he suffers an injury he can't recover from.

@JaySkurski

Just spent 10 minutes speaking with Aaron Williams. He's undecided on his playing future, but admits family is pushing him to retire. #Bills

Family, mentors, friends, fans...

@buffalobills

Aaron Williams: "I haven't made a decision yet. You can't stop what your heart's telling you to do. There are pros and cons to coming back."

C1LXiyhXAAAahD9.jpg

Pros: football, blah, blah, blah.

Cons: Paralysis, death.

RETIRE! Friggin' duh.

Jarvis Landry ended two careers that day...Aaron's and Rex's. With Aaron in the mix the D almost certainly plays better and the Bills probably wind up at 10-6 or 11-5.

Curious how things work out.

I hope Aaron hangs 'em up before he suffers an injury he can't recover from.

11-5? You really think that AW would result in 4 extra wins over like 9 games?

i hate to be blunt, but some of those issues went beyond having AW in there and you cant project that sticking him in the lineup makes the unit play perfect down the stretch. we had bad games with him.

Edited by NoSaint

11-5? You really think that AW would result in 4 extra wins over like 9 games?

i hate to be blunt, but some of those issues went beyond having AW in there and you cant project that sticking him in the lineup makes the unit play perfect down the stretch. we had bad games with him.

6 safeties to IR, and communication issues were one of the D's biggest problems. AW knew the D. Yes, I believe the Bills would likely have beaten the Fish twice, the Seahawks, and perhaps the Raiders with AW in there. That's 11 -- oh, and the last game vs. the Jets. How does 12-4 sound?

@JaySkurski

Just spent 10 minutes speaking with Aaron Williams. He's undecided on his playing future, but admits family is pushing him to retire. #Bills

I guess that makes me family!

I was sickened by the sight of his collision with Landry. I can't fathom what they must have been feeling. I hope he listens to them and their doctors.

I love AW and think that he is a great player. He's an emotional leader and they are a different team with him on the field. With that being said, he probably should retire. These issues that he has had have been serious and potentially life-threatening. He may be best off riding off into the sunset (he loves horses).