Sully: Doug Whaley's team a no-show in finale

Rico

Wait till April. You'll feel better.

I have been on TBD long enough to know that if they won yesterday everyone would be ripshit over dropping 5 slots for a meaningless win. Go Google some of Sully's columns after winning the last game of the season in other years.

Horsecrap. Here's last years column after our meaningless second win to finish out the year.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/01/03/dont-get-bowled-over-by-climb-to-500-finish/

Not a word about draft position. Not a single one.

Meanwhile he said, "To be fair, the Bills played an inspired game for their embattled coach. On a day when skeptics felt they might lie down, they performed as if this was a game with profound significance, rather than the finale in the 16th straight season without playoffs."

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Horsecrap. Here's last years column after our meaningless second win to finish out the year.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/01/03/dont-get-bowled-over-by-climb-to-500-finish/

Not a word about draft position. Not a single one.

Meanwhile he said, "To be fair, the Bills played an inspired game for their embattled coach. On a day when skeptics felt they might lie down, they performed as if this was a game with profound significance, rather than the finale in the 16th straight season without playoffs."

You do realize that in the headline and in the article, Sully is pointing out why it was meaningless to win the last 2 games and not to buy into the 8-8 record, right? Ok, he doesnt mention that draft but the point is the same. Damned if we lose, Damned if we win.

You do realize that in the headline and in the article, Sully is pointing out why it was meaningless to win the last 2 games and not to buy into the 8-8 record, right? Ok, he doesnt mention that draft but the point is the same. Damned if we lose, Damned if we win.

Why the hell would we buy in? That's not damned if you do. That's common sense.

He gave the Bills credit for playing hard and playing well. None of that takes away from the season being a disappointment. Is he negative? Sure. But why should he not be? Because you don't agree?

Why the hell would we buy in? That's not damned if you do. That's common sense.

He gave the Bills credit for playing hard and playing well. None of that takes away from the season being a disappointment. Is he negative? Sure. But why should he not be? Because you don't agree?

I dont really care about the validity of his point in that article. As I just said, at this point Im not going to defend the organization.

But the other point still stands. No matter what happens, Sully will bash the move. Agree or disagree with him, it's the way it is.

I dont really care about the validity of his point in that article. As I just said, at this point Im not going to defend the organization.

But the other point still stands. No matter what happens, Sully will bash the move. Agree or disagree with him, it's the way it is.

Except when he didn't bash the win. He gave them credit for playing well and playing hard. Doesn't mean he had to believe that Rex would take us to the promised land.

Bottom line, Promo was incorrect, per usual.

IMO Woods will flourish elsewhere.

Agree, Woods is a solid #2 WR that will benefit from a team that throws the ball more. We are LAST IN PASSING ATTEMPTS IN THE LEAUGE! No WR that cares about their career is gonna wanna come here while we run the same scheme. Rex comes in and fixes the offense and then his scheme destroys the defense because the players cant put it together mentally. Who woulda seen that coming?

The Bills should have finished strong yesterday.

They did not. I wasn't disappointed they lost. I was disappointed in how they lost. Do the players under contract really have what it takes to be winners? To sustain success should they achieve it?

As I said in another thread, the team has a lot of great athletes and a dearth of real football players. I think that matters.

What do you call this stretch? :lol:

Steelers = L

Browns = W

Dolphins = L

Jets = L

Sorry to burst your little bubble of anger. The Bills improved from 15 to 10 losing one MEANINGLESS game. And Taylor's injury gave Whaley perfect cover for tanking. A plausible excuse to play scrubs.

Are you saying that the Bills were deliberately tanking after the Raiders game? Was Rex in on the plan?

Are you saying that the Bills were deliberately tanking after the Raiders game? Was Rex in on the plan?

No. I'm saying (and said exactly this earlier in this thread) the Bills only tanked the last game, once they were eliminated. The other games Rex & Rob tanked with their awesome defense.