What you saw today is what we are without Tyrod.

dayman

Just think about that for a little bit. Sure, you can claim the guys didn't play hard or mailed it in--but that isn't what it looked like to me. What I saw was defense that couldn't hang on the entire game and an offense that never got anything going. In fact, if you listen to Lynn's postgame and read between the lines he basically told you as much (pretty good defense, we couldn't do anything, defense couldn't hold on...the only thing he didn't say is we might have gotten something going and changed the game w/ Tyrod in there).

Honor the contract. It's complete absurdity to think we can get better by cutting him. We aren't in blow up mode (we aren't built for that either...it would be a 4 year project starting now to do that).

This is an easy decision. Why am I wrong? We should all be hopeful for a good draft, a tiny bit of FA help, and some new coaching to break the streak next year with substantially the same roster. That is clearly our best hope--we are a decent football team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the QB. It's not the HC. It's not the GM. It's not the President.

It's the Pegulas and their ridiculous OneBuffalo nonsense. They don't know what they're doing with either the Buffalo Bills or the Buffalo Sabres.

Expect matters to get worse for both professional sports teams under the Pegulas.

Just think about that for a little bit. Sure, you can claim the guys didn't play hard or mailed it in--but that isn't what it looked like to me. What I saw was defense that couldn't hang on the entire game and an offense that never got anything going. In fact, if you listen to Lynn's postgame and read between the lines he basically told you as much (pretty good defense, we couldn't do anything, defense couldn't hold on...the only thing he didn't say is we might have gotten something going and changed the game w/ Tyrod in there).

Honor the contract. It's complete absurdity to think we can get better by cutting him. We aren't in blow up mode (we aren't built for that either...it would be a 4 year project starting now to do that).

This is an easy decision. Why am I wrong? We should all be hopeful for a good draft, a tiny bit of FA help, and some new coaching to break the streak next year with substantially the same roster. That is clearly our best hope--we are a decent football team.

Give it up. Tyrod is gone. If he wasn't, he would have played today.

And Lynn is going to be the HC.

When that doesn't work, the HC, mystery QB, and DW will be gone.

That's the next event coming down the line in the evolution of this franchise.

I think you are probably right, but you don't have to be. It is entirely possible Whaley sits back, evaluates everything together with a mind toward next year and keeps him.

Sitting him today was guaranteeing the option to cut him, not actually making the choice to cut him.

Edited by dayman

I think you are probably right, but you don't have to be. It is entirely possible Whaley sits back, evaluates everything together with a mind toward next year and keeps him.

Sitting him today was guaranteeing the option to cut him, not actually making the choice to cut him.

Good take. They protected themselves today from being forced to pay the guaranteed money. Nothing more or less.

Sadly that is more than likely 3+ more years of suck. And that is assuming he gets it right after the next regime goes down. Not a lot of optimism in the Bills nation. season tickets sales will prove that. Keeping Whaley, etc. now is going to set this franchise back years.

That "when" will be next January.......Whaley is basically getting one chance to prove it was Rex and not him and if they revert to a Losman/Trent/Fitz/EJ type offense......as they very likely will without TT......the torches and pitchforks will be out before October.

You are 100% correct on all counts. Agree with the OP not the other jerk.

That "when" will be next January.......Whaley is basically getting one chance to prove it was Rex and not him and if they revert to a Losman/Trent/Fitz/EJ type offense......as they very likely will without TT......the torches and pitchforks will be out before October.

This I truly believe. It makes no sense for Whaley to cut Tyrod. Whaley has to win now. A new GM would come in and start over...Pegs didn't bring a new GM b/c he's not ready to do that yet.

Edited by dayman

That logic makes no sense.

He is not gone

Yeah, I'm worried about what happens if Tyrod isn't here next year...we might win 5 games. Unless they somehow pry a good QB away from somenoe...

Edited by matter2003

I've posted this elsewhere. Owning two teams doesn't mean a damned thing. The Pegulas rely on others to run the day to day operations and I seriously doubt they have any involvement in significant decision making as it pertains to the product on the field. That said, Tyrod Taylor is as good as gone without a renegotiated contract. Let's be honest fans. They sat him because they didn't want to pay his $30m guarantee if he had gotten injured. It's not really all that complicated. Manuel had a chance to show his stuff and crapped himself on the field. He's done/gone. Life without Tyrod will be life without mediocracy. That's my reality.

Maj.......You and I agree I think. Shady and TT made the difference

Like it or not our team IS Shady & TT. Not just Shady--certainly not just TT. The only damn thing going is Shady and TT together. It's not the best, but it will make the playoffs if we get a good season out of a coach and stay relatively healthy (ahem, Sammy).

Edited by dayman