Saving GM Whaley with Sean Payton & Drew Brees

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give them our first round pick for the next 4 years and we get Brees.

Will they do it?

In a New York minute. There is some talk here about hitting the rest button. They have tons of dead cap space and a lot of money tied up in Brees to win 7 games. They may be best off bottoming out and clearing the deck.

The NO defense is the problem. Brees threw for over 5,000 yds THIS YEAR. Not many QBs can say that.

Payton is ready to move on from the Saints. Why would he not consider the Bills if the money and situation is right??

Brees seems to be timeless just like the soon to be 40 yr old T. Brady, who doesn't seem to be slowing down one bit.

Brees is a helluva lot better than anything else that we have, including TT.

The Bills have always settled for also-ran HCs in the past because RW would not pay the big money for the best. That has to stop. The Pegulas have the money. They need to be willing to pay what it takes to obtain the best possible HC.

My original point was that with Payton you get Brees, and thereby solve two very big pressing issues immediately.

With A. Lynn, who will play QB for the Bills?? At best, T. Romo. At worst, probably a rookie 2017 draft pick.

Lynn & Romo vs Payton & Brees. Which of the two is more likely to succeed??

In a New York minute. There is some talk here about hitting the rest button. They have tons of dead cap space and a lot of money tied up in Brees to win 7 games. They may be best off bottoming out and clearing the deck.

Interesting. I always hoped he would become available and remember you setting me straight a couple of years back, rightfully, that he wont be available. Perhaps the time has come. The Bills' strong run game would be a perfect complement to any future decline in his passing skills. Depending on what it will take to get him, I would advocate going all in on the QB situation - grab Brees, draft a QB and continue to groom Jones. Perfect bridge to whoever is then ready to take over the job in a couple of years.

There have been nine 5,000-yard passing seasons in NFL history. Drew Brees has five of them.

Brees topped the 5,000-yard mark for the 2016 season today in Atlanta, making it the fifth time in the last nine seasons that Brees has reached the 5,000-yard mark. No other player in NFL history has even reached 5,000 yards twice. Only Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino and Matthew Stafford have done it once.

Simply amazing. I still remember people saying he was washed up after leaving San Diego.

Doug, in order to remain the GM of the Bills you will need to make a very wise choice for the new Bills' HC. Make a poor choice and you will be gone and may never be an NFL GM again. Thus, I recommend that you consider all options before hastily going with A. Lynn.

The Bills need a high quality, experienced NFL HC and they need a high quality, experienced NFL QB if they expect to ever make the playoffs.

For those reasons, I recommend that your first option be Sean Payton for HC. He has the expertise and experience to match wits with Belichick and also knows what it takes to win the SB. Maybe even better than that, he would be the best man to sway QB Drew Brees to come to Buffalo.

Drees like Brady is getting up in age, but is still very productive and can still make the clutch plays. Drees can play at least another three years, which would give the Bills plenty of time to find their QB of the future.

Just because the existing Bills players are familiar with A. Lynn and like him does not mean that he is the BEST man for the job. Lynn would be a very inexperienced HC and likely an average one at best.

LMFAO!

He's head of football operations is he not? He's responsible for literally everything that happens below him. Comes with the title. I'm not in a rush to replace him yet, but he clearly isn't getting it done.

Did he select Marrone and Rex as the last two Head Coaches? No. Like I said....partially responsible. Let him pick his guy as the next HC and then it's on him.

I dont want to save him, but apparently the Pegula's and good portion of this board need to see a couple more years of the crap show to realize this is not the guy to build a winner.

I've seen crap shows in my years as a Bills' fan and the last few years are not satisfactory in any way but hardly qualify as that. IMO of course.

I go back and forth on Whaley, i can see some good, a bunch of bad. Heneeds to pull off areal serious professional Football GM move real soon, something other than the big trade for butterhands Watkins, to seperate himself from the middle of the pack. Hes pretty young in the league still and could still be a GM on the rise. I want him to succeed.