GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After advising the Pegulas to fire him and then lying about it.

I don't think that scenario is as iron clad as you are passing it off to be.

There's a very real scenario in which Doug wasn't advising that course of action -- not because he didn't believe it but because he was waiting for the year end review.

That doesn't make it much bette though, it's just not a given that's how it went down.

Not just a question of Lynn trying to get OUT...but also ask who is going to try to come IN.

Buffalo has to be in the NO. 1 spot on the black list of any talent around the league. That's players, coaches, front office personnel.

No one is coming here until it is all blown up and the Pegulas learn to establish a vertical chain of command, sign checks, and stay out of the way.

Yup not a single coach will come interview. Jesus really?

Obvious DW wasn't interested in doing the press conference, but it was a evil necessity. Media is a bunch of hacks and DW knows that and just beat around the bush the whole time just trying to get to the finish line. Waste of time by everyone involved.

I disagree that the media is a bunch of hacks. There were several decent professionals at the presser that are not driven by preconceived agendas and narratives. Its too bad they are tainted by the hacks that do.

I don't think that scenario is as iron clad as you are passing it off to be.

There's a very real scenario in which Doug wasn't advising that course of action -- not because he didn't believe it but because he was waiting for the year end review.

That doesn't make it much bette though, it's just not a given that's how it went down.

We know Pegulas also had Coughlin in there ear. They've had Polian in there ear. How do we not know neither of them didn't say to Terry, "jesus Terry, you need to fire Rex"

Didn't listen to the PC, but for those who did, what was the proportion of question regarding how Rex was fired vs new coaching search and what's DW's views on what went wrong in 2016 and how he plans to fix that?

Agreed.

Did you think it was interesting that during the weekly review last Monday, that it was Rex who asked to speak to Pegula privately? That spoke volumes to me.

I don't think there was nearly the dysfunction anyone is talking about. The Rex hire was just a big mistake by The Pegulas because he's a big name and big personality and made a big splash. Rex was going to dominate the press no matter who was there. To me Whaley did a lot to help Rex. Whaley doesn't like dealing with the press, as shown by his practice of never really talking to them during the season that he brought from the Steelers.

It's not a stretch in any way to think that three different people, Terry, Brandon and Doug would not all 100% agree who should be the HC. I surely was okay with the Rex hire and I was wrong. A lot of people were right that he just wasn't good enough. Rex screwed this team much more than Whaley did. So it's not surprising that Terry thinks okay, I was there, Doug was right the last time, let's give him the power this time. It's a simple obvious reaction.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

rex knew this was his last season back in September.

rex was fired before the end of the season because he insisted on playing TT after bills were eliminated from playoffs.

it is not uncommon for a head coach to report directly to an owner.

rex is motivated to win now.

doug is motivated to look forward.

pegs listened to both.....dougs view won....rex was fired.