GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did have input into hiring him.

If Doug Whaley helped Rex Ryan - a guy whom everyone knew would undo everything Whaley did in building a top defense in the league - then he's pretty effin stupid. I will never believe he wanted Rex here. Ever.

No, he turned to Sully and flatly said "no" he didn't have input.

Once again....that could be interpreted in a couple of different ways......

Input - data that results in action

or

opinion - but someone else makes decision because he doesnt have power to give direct input

Now I will say this.....Doug is also hedging on the structure of how the new HC will report to. I get the feeling that Whaley wants to change that structure so that the HC DOES report to him. Frankly that is not a bad structure.

As Kevin Massare said on Twitter, Rex reported right to The Pegulas. He was fired by the Pegulas. How is this hard to understand?

We're actually fixing our organization structure to be the way it *SHOULD* be, putting our GM in charge of everything. It's pretty clear Whaley didn't want Rex, and that's why Whaley gets his shot now to hire his own coach.

You know what the word input means right?

This is bad. This organization is a mess. Whaley is clueless. The Pegulas are either meddling owners who fired the HC without consulting the GM or this is the 2nd HC in a row that has quit. Now the guy that wasnt involved in the firing of our HC is now in charge of picking the next one. Such a joke.

Once again....that could be interpreted in a couple of different ways......

Input - data that results in action

or

opinion - but someone else makes decision because he doesnt have power to give direct input

Now I will say this.....Doug is also hedging on the structure of how the new HC will report to. I get the feeling that Whaley wants to change that structure so that the HC DOES report to him. Frankly that is not a bad structure.

You are a mental acrobat. :lol: