Bradley to follow lynn

CDogg20

Well Lynn himself said it was the same offense and he didn't make any changes.

I don't believe he did. Here's a great article detailing most of the change Lynn made to Roman's offense.

http://buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Offensive-coordinator-Anthony-Lynn---the-first-72-hours/1a30c536-5eb8-4f4f-a7e6-bcb59f32874d

But you're right, there's no such thing as a unique offensive scheme in the NFL. They're all running variation of 3-4 known schemes. It's the sequence of plays, defensive fronts presented, and players' ability which make offenses unique. And I think we've pretty much seen this will A-Lynn.

Edited by Saint Doug

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO TO BOTH

gus bradley has shown little to be able to adjust his defense to the players. with our full abortion we are doomed to try to go to a scheme specific coach. wade phillips, jim schwartz or dick lebeau are three of the only coaches i can think of who can come here and make an immediate difference and that scares me. !@#$ you rex.

anthony lynn continues to call stupid, stupid plays. we realyl need a reggie bush reverse right now.

Perhaps Gus is more comfortable at DC under Lynn.

Perhaps Lynn would be equally comfortable with that arrangement. I just hope they pick and OC from within and start tweaking it. A couple roster moves up front on Off could do wonders. Starting at RT and then bringing in some receivers.

Defense is where the heavy lifting is

oh yea, for sure.. i guess just gun shy about another asst getting a head job for the bills. for every mike tomlin, it seems we get gregg williams .. but i agree lynn is appealing as a HC

Rex was an experienced HC. Marrone was a HC in college. Gailey had been a HC before. They have tried hot coordinators (Williams and Mularkey), the college guy (Marrone), the big name (Rex). At this point I don't care. Just hire the guy they feel is the right guy for the job. Every option they have tried will mirror an option they have previously tried and failed with anyway.

People aren't going to like this, but a Lynn-Bradley ticket probably means a lot of personnel turnover in the back 7.

Offense probably wouldn't get as much attention IMO.

They have to do that anyway in the back 7. A Will might retire, Gilmore is probably gone, Graham might not be back, and if he is it's probably for depth. The stars align for a DC who likes bigger athletes in the back 7.

Rex was an experienced HC. Marrone was a HC in college. Gailey had been a HC before. They have tried hot coordinators (Williams and Mularkey), the college guy (Marrone), the big name (Rex). At this point I don't care. Just hire the guy they feel is the right guy for the job. Every option they have tried will mirror an option they have previously tried and failed with anyway.

They have to do that anyway in the back 7. A Will might retire, Gilmore is probably gone, Graham might not be back, and if he is it's probably for depth. The stars align for a DC who likes bigger athletes in the back 7.

does that mean it is not the Coach they hire possibly? Something else is amiss?

This is why i truly appreciate that Whaley owns the HC hire. let us never forget that statement when we go to retrieve our extra pointy pitchforks we have been honing and polishing all off season.

What, is this supposed to be some sort of "Dream Team"? Are be supposed to buy into the propaganda that this is a Lombardi/Landry- like tandem? Color me unimpressed! Lynn is a slightly improved Nate Hackett; Bradley is uninspiring. Bradley did nothin- NOTHING- to develop an abundant amount of young talent with the Jaguars. And Seattle's defense has been statistically better since his departure. This storyline reeks of agents attempting to drum-up interest in their clients- straight out of the Marrone line of crap from two years ago.

What, is this supposed to be some sort of "Dream Team"? Are be supposed to buy into the propaganda that this is a Lombardi/Landry- like tandem? Color me unimpressed! Lynn is a slightly improved Nate Hackett; Bradley is uninspiring. Bradley did nothin- NOTHING- to develop an abundant amount of young talent with the Jaguars. And Seattle's defense has been statistically better since his departure. This storyline reeks of agents attempting to drum-up interest in their clients- straight out of the Marrone line of crap from two years ago.

I also share your skepticism. Anthony Lynn has done well with what he has been given on offense, but I don't know if he's ready to be the guy in charge. Bradley is intriguing, but there is concern over what he did in Jacksonville. Although playing on their heels a lot, that defense grossly underachieved, IMHO.

Hopefully Whaley and the Pegulas do their due diligence, and hire the right person...not the most "convenient" person.

Any head coach I'm looking at who they bring in as coordinators. Bradley is a great choice for DC, but does Lynn use "His guy" and become the coordinator in chief or does he get an OC and actually perform the role of the head coach? I can't remember the last time the Bills had a HC that wasn't coordinator in chief.

Lynn did a nice job as RB coach and as an OC. I just don't think this team will respond to him as a head coach. This team is filled with coach killers ... lazy players that collect a paycheck.

Lynn could do well as a HC but maybe he too needs a fresh start.

I hate to say it but the best thing to do here is blow it up. Including the firing of Doug Whaley tonight. I don't see it happening. Instead I see Whaley hiring Lynn and both getting fired in two years.

Any head coach I'm looking at who they bring in as coordinators. Bradley is a great choice for DC, but does Lynn use "His guy" and become the coordinator in chief or does he get an OC and actually perform the role of the head coach? I can't remember the last time the Bills had a HC that wasn't coordinator in chief.

Lynn has little OC experience. In fact he said today he preferred to be in the booth than the sidelines if he's calling plays (most OCs do). I do not think he will want to call the plays as HC.