Gary Kubiak to resign from Broncos

YoloinOhio

The ship had sailed on Wade Phillips as HC. Keep him the highest paid D.C.

Shanny would be a perfect fit. He's going to be a great HC. Too. Bad it won't be with the Bills.

i was thinking more along the lines of Wade being available as a DC.

I have no interest in him as a HC and from his past comments I don't think he would be interested either.

Wade's contract is up at the end of the season so it's possible the new HC would bring his own staff

I imagine if they hire Shanahan, he would insist on it. And Denver's D, while good, has been porous against the run this season, not the dominating force it was last year that would compel them to keep him.

But if Wade wants to look for a job, I wonder if he has any connection to Anthony Lynn?

i was thinking more along the lines of Wade being available as a DC.

I have no interest in him as a HC and from his past comments I don't think he would be interested either.

Even though his record as a HC is extremely impressive?

@adamschefter

And here it goes: With his family concerned about his health, Gary Kubiak likely is stepping down as Broncos' HC, league sources tell ESPN.

And so today is likely going to be Gary Kubiak's final game as Broncos HC, league sources have told ESPN.

@albertbreer

On Kubiak: Two years ago, he'd found contentment as Ravens OC. Wasn't sure he wanted stress of being a HC again. Then, his dream job opened.

My feeling was the chance to work in Denver with Elway again, coach Manning was too much for Kubiak to pass up. Now, his legacy is secure.

As I understand it, Kubiak never lost the love of coaching, which is why he loved Baltimore. All that went with being a HC was the issue.

@rapsheet

Had the #Broncos not brought in Gary Kubiak 2 years ago, they likely wouldve hired now-#Dolphins DC Vance Joseph. Keep an eye on him in DEN

Edited by YoloinOhio