NYE Plans..( i will take some advice BTW)

plenzmd1

Manhattans are like boobs. One's not enough, and three's too many. Cheers, man.

Am I the only one who is happy to see 2016 go away? Tough year for me.

Good year for me. People complaining because a few celebrities died are lucky they weren't around during WWI & II, the depression, the flu epidemic etc etc.

Terrific year for us. Hope the same for all of you.

An old family tradition was a picnic in some state park New Year's Day with friends and neighbors, snow mobiles, bacon and eggs and bloody Mary's/screwdrivers. It started because my father would never picnic due to flies swarming his food. January 1 in WNY is fly free. As a kid, I didn't realize just how drunk they must have been New Year's Eve to start such a crazy event.

50 -- like others we have 3 little kids. We took them to a 'Noon Years Eve' party at the Discovery Museum at the foot of the GG Bridge. Good time, then out for burgers and now home for the bowl games.

We'll stay home and ring in the East Coast New Year and still be in bed by 10.

Manhattans are like boobs. One's not enough, and three's too many. Cheers, man.

Am I the only one who is happy to see 2016 go away? Tough year for me.

It was a really tough year for me. I seriously think (hope) that 35 years from now I look back on this year as the worst year I could ever remember.

Here's to putting it behind us!!

It was a really tough year for me. I seriously think (hope) that 35 years from now I look back on this year as the worst year I could ever remember.

Maybe this year only seemed so great because we were coming off a long string of years like that (starting around '06 the road got very bumpy)....but we survived and came out good on the other end. I guess it's all relative.

Moving onward!

Good year for me. People complaining because a few celebrities died are lucky they weren't around during WWI & II, the depression, the flu epidemic etc etc.

Agree on the whining...bad year for me income wise and .know it sounds trite, but could have worse things happen.

May 2017 bring you better tidings!!! I doubt I be breathing in 35 years from now...but if i am i will check back and hope that's true!

BTW, just starting the evening with some of the best/stinkiest goat and sheep's milk cheese i have ever had.

Paul - thanks for the ideas for a NYC NYE.

This year, I brought the whole family with me to Ecuador & we will spending NYE in Quito. NYE is a blast in Quito & other cities in Ecuador. At midnight there is the burning of effigies of people with bad vibes from the previous year (Viejos). And then there is there is the Viudas, who are the 'widows' of the Viejos.

http://www.life-in-ecuador.com/ecuador-new-years.html

We are all at a bar right now in Quito near where the Viejos will be burned at midnight. 2/1 all mixed drinks and $5 1 liter beers.

Btw, highly recommend a trip here. There is something for everyone between Quito, the beaches, mountains, Amazon rain forest, and the Galapagos islands. They use the US $ for currency & good amount of US ex-pats. Send me a PM if you want more info.

Married, 2 boys in college, 59.

Edited by Mr Info

cleaning. farm work until 6:30. going to bed shortly i hope. maybe wake enough to watch the ball drop, but it is already very late for me (bed time is typically 9) because i have been off all week.

the girl i've been seeing is in Buffalo this weekend for new years and to visit her mom for a late Christmas, otherwise she would have dragged me somewhere in Durham probably.

Paul - thanks for the ideas for a NYC NYE.

This year, I brought the whole family with me to Ecuador & we will spending NYE in Quito. NYE is a blast in Quito & other cities in Ecuador. At midnight there is the burning of effigies of people with bad vibes from the previous year (Viejos). And then there is there is the Viudas, who are the 'widows' of the Viejos.

http://www.life-in-ecuador.com/ecuador-new-years.html

So weird, I have been seeing a bunch of commercials for Ecuador on TV ...looks awesome! Happy New Year in Ecuador!

We are just back from the fireworks in Central Park. They were freaking amazing!!! We were on Central Park West and about 78th, on some rocks...had a great view and felt like the show was right in front of us.

Time Square about 3/4 mile away, might as well been 100 miles.

Happy New Year all...heres to better times in 2017!

Edited by plenzmd1

That is cool. Never had heard of it before.

You never heard this song from 1997:

It's all about the paganization... Where better to start than Philly (sorry Pooj... ;-) ;-p ) Still pretty cool song!

So weird, I have been seeing a bunch of commercials for Ecuador on TV ...looks awesome! Happy New Year in Ecuador!

We are just back from the fireworks in Central Park. They were freaking amazing!!! We were on Central Park West and about 78th, on some rocks...had a great view and felt like the show was right in front of us.

Time Square about 3/4 mile away, might as well been 100 miles.

Happy New Year all...heres to better times in 2017!

What was wrong w/2016... One of the best years ever!

I keep on hearing how bad it was... Of course a lot of Boomer celebs are dropping dead. People get old and croak. It will only get worse before it gets better. 2016 was a great years, one of the better ones personally except for myself getting a year older! ;-)