Would Les Miles make a good NFL coach?

Samwell Tarly

Maybe there's something I'm unaware of, but no one seems to mention Les Miles. All he did was turn LSU into a national powerhouse. Just curious if his style would work in the NFL. Fully aware college and pros are two different animals, but if you don't want a retread, is he worth an interview?

Maybe there's something I'm unaware of, but no one seems to mention Les Miles. All he did was turn LSU into a national powerhouse. Just curious if his style would work in the NFL. Fully aware college and pros are two different animals, but if you don't want a retread, is he worth an interview?

He was a great recruiter. Bad coach.

Miles is not considered to be a good college coach and he actually held LSU back from being a "national powerhouse." He was able to recruit top players but he wasn't able to win with them consistently and that's why he got fired. LSU hasn't been considered one of the elite programs in awhile in terms of on field success despite consistently producing NFL talent.

He also has an eccentric, unique personality and I think he ends up on ESPN.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So not only did he not make them a powerhouse (recall saban?) but he was a terrible coach that was a good recruiter... so basically the opposite of your impression of him on all fronts

I wouldn't interview Les Miles to clean the toilets.

So not only did he not make them a powerhouse (recall saban?) but he was a terrible coach that was a good recruiter... so basically the opposite of your impression of him on all fronts

Just not a fan of college coaches myself. It's so hard to differentiate being a great recruiter from a great coach. I'll use a guy like Dabo Swinney for example. He seems like a personable Gomer Pyle type who would say all the right things needed to land recruits. I don't know if he has the analytical mind needed to be a successful NFL coach. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Be careful Kirby there will be a TBN story tomorrow.."sources say Les Miles to clean toilets at OBD"

Too bland. No clicks. More like "Bozos at OBD, too stupid to know how to clean a toilet, look to Les Miles for expertise in flushing talent."