Discipline: Watkins & Shady Say Bills Need a Culture Change

26CornerBlitz

So basically our worst nightmares about Rex come true.

What will continue to separate fans like me from others is my refusal to just gloss over the latter part of Shady's statement.

Yep. The nightmare will continue when he and Rob have their Fox Pregame show next year and use the opportunity to blast the Bills every chance they get.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically our worst nightmares about Rex come true.

What will continue to separate fans like me from others is my refusal to just gloss over the latter part of Shady's statement.

Dont gloss it over. I think there was players that were not accountable (Shady Said it, Sammy said it unnamed players talking to Dunne have said it). Looking at you Marcel and Stephon.

Dont gloss it over. I think there was players that were not accountable (Shady Said it, Sammy said it unnamed players talking to Dunne have said it). Looking at you Marcel and Stephon.

I hate the idea that the HC has to babysit his players. But ours seem incapable of babysitting themselves/each other.

Need a culture change.

I hate the idea that the HC has to babysit his players. But ours seem incapable of babysitting themselves/each other.

Need a culture change.

This is where I'd expect a veteran like Kyle to step in. Maybe the Bills need a vet or two from winning teams in addition a HC who's a disciplinarian to help implement a new mindset.

It might be trivial, but Rex's preference to troll opponents with his weekly team captain selections, rather than establishing permanent captains plays into this accountability issue.

I have a feeling that the players gave much more weight to the role of team captain than Rex did.

It might be trivial, but Rex's preference to troll opponents with his weekly team captain selections, rather than establishing permanent captains plays into this accountability issue.

I have a feeling that the players gave much more weight to the role of team captain than Rex did.

Perhaps it sends an unspoken message that leadership means very little.

I'm glad you said that, although I don't think that Sammy said his college program was more complex. He said Dabo was a disciplinarian and we need that. Lynn may actually be that.

The real interesting thing though, is that Dareus flat out said that Alabama's defense was way, way more complicated than Rex's.

Do you recall that Rex said he needed to simplify the D. And players said before the season he had. And they were playing much faster now.

so which is it?

Last year it was too complicated, this years it not so complicated as College.

confused

@JoeBuscaglia

Sammy Watkins said the #Bills need a culture change, now LeSean McCoy said discipline has been an issue this year -- and wants it to change: https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/814899450120470533

@MatthewFairburn

LeSean McCoy had some candid remarks about Bills' lack of discipline and what he likes in a coach: http://trib.al/0yt9xtO

LeSean McCoy: "As players we need to step up" (6:57)

RB LeSean McCoy talks about the game Sunday vs the Jets and what he sees in Coach Anthony Lynn.

McCoy puts it on his teammates to be professionals

mccoy-10-21-story.jpg

Looking back on the season LeSean McCoy believes self-discipline is the biggest problem with the Bills performance on the field. On Friday he said as much as he got specific with what's negatively impacting the team's level of success.

This is where I'd expect a veteran like Kyle to step in. Maybe the Bills need a vet or two from winning teams in addition a HC who's a disciplinarian to help implement a new mindset.

I was under the impression that KW and Lorax and Eric Wood WERE those guys.

Veteran leadership can only go so far when head coach wants to be buddies with players.