THIS REALLY ISNT THAT HARD

TANK2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this is how someone would see it when you don't think TT is an issue.

Because if TT wasn't an issue and they really want to keep him and keep Lynn and keep continuity then TT would be playing sunday. He isn't therefor it really isn't simple.

Or it's just as simple as they know Tyrod is the QB and want to see whether EJ is worth keeping as a backup.

Heres whats gonna happen. Lynns gonna be the head coach. Tyrods gonna be the QB. Hopefully Sammys return to full time health allows the offense to be seventh or better in points per game. And we bring in a d coordinator who runs a 4-3 and puts our defense in the top ten. Problem solved. No need to overthink this.

Great Post! You don't believe in complete overreaction and that is a breath of fresh air around here. I will even go you on further. There are 2 big WRs that we could draft (Corey Davis and Mike Williams), or 2 great safety prospects (Peppers, Adams).

Heres whats gonna happen. Lynns gonna be the head coach. Tyrods gonna be the QB. Hopefully Sammys return to full time health allows the offense to be seventh or better in points per game. And we bring in a d coordinator who runs a 4-3 and puts our defense in the top ten. Problem solved. No need to overthink this.

works for me

Correct. That is what I am hoping for. We shall see. To bring in an entirely new coaching staff (which is what always happens when you hire a new HC from the outside) would condemn the franchise to reaching 20 years of missing the playoffs, given that you burn 1 to 2 years just learning completely different schemes and turning the roster over to fit the new schemes. I for one cannot stomach any more of that.

Not necessarily bro.

I believe Whaley simply wants to keep his options open with TT. If he gets hurt Sunday then the team and any incumbent HC would get stuck with him and his $30 mil.

If he is healthy then the Bills have the upper hand to renegotiate Taylor's deal and make it more cap friendly. If Lynn is HC I definitely see TT returning. Lynn already said as much at his press conference that he wants to see TT after an off season of further preparing. The only way that happen is if TT comes down from his price. I don't see any other team paying him what the Bills paid him so chances are Lynn may get his wish.

Bottom line is if they think a player is good, a contract injury clause wouldn't be forced on a player to sit. For a good player, a team would take that chance and let him play and not be worried about paying or be tied up for 2 more years.

All things the same, would, say Oakland make Carr sit? or Indy make Luck sit? or Dallas make Prescott sit? No way.

The defense needs a massive improvement. I expect with Tyrod that we'd honestly probably regress a bit in PPG. But if the defense can trend up we could be in the mix.

Are you saying Tyrod of next year with a healthy Sammy will be worse than Tyrod of this year with hardly any receiving support?? Huh??

As simple as it sounds this is the most likely scenario IMO. The regression of the defense was the biggest problem. When the same guys have done so much more, I point to the scheme. Get Gus Bradley in here and lets go!!!

Gus Bradley would be a nice acquisition for sure. Plenty of good players in the draft that help in areas of need as well. The Bills don't need a major overhaul, just a couple normal type moves. I wouldn't discount the potential of returning injured players having an impact as well.

It's really not that simple. As others have said, if it were then Tyrod would be playing Sunday.

I don't pretend to know what Whaley is thinking wrt Tyrod, maybe it will play out as you predict, but right now I think he's making sure he has options at both QB and HC.

Or it's just as simple as they know Tyrod is the QB and want to see whether EJ is worth keeping as a backup.

If Lynn will be the coach, his press conference yesterday essentially endorsed Tyrod. He said it was a front office decision that he wasn't a part of... next man up. Sounded like if it was up to him, Tyrod would be playing.

If Lynn will be the coach, his press conference yesterday essentially endorsed Tyrod. He said it was a front office decision that he wasn't a part of... next man up. Sounded like if it was up to him, Tyrod would be playing.

That kind sounds like Lynn won't be the HC next year either. I can see the Bills relieving all of Rex's coaches monday.

That would make too much sense, but I hope it goes that way.

Seems reasonable to me. Not sure we can count on the offense to get better or the defense to rebound, but the moves make sense given where the team is now.

Lynn will report to Whaley instead of to the Pegulas and Whaley's keeping his job will depend on whether Lynn makes it work.

Edited by Dr. K

I agree with OP. Fact is we haven't been far off from playoffs. Offense is clicking. Obviously we'd love to have Tom Brady level talent at QB, but what we have in Tyrod is likely better than other options available to us right now. We could do a lot worse than a middle of the pack QB. We have a winning record when he starts, while having a bottom third level defense, and questionable ST.

Bring in a decent DC, and that's a great start. It's not like we are without talent on the defensive side of the ball.

He was also critical of Tyrod and his inability to throw in the middle of the field. He gave praise but pointed out a weakness that he thought could be corrected by working with him in the offseason.

He was also critical of Tyrod and his inability to throw in the middle of the field. He gave praise but pointed out a weakness that he thought could be corrected by working with him in the offseason.

People are reading this wrong. He said it wasn't fair to ask Tyrod to do it, after Lynn took over, because it wasn't really part of the offense and wasn't worked on over the offseason. He was saying that the offense was designed to use TT's mobility and work the boundaries, and it wouldn't be fair to change it midseason

He brought it up as something he'd like to work with Tyrod on over the offseason. Would require different footwork, reads and etc...

If Lynn was smart if he is named HC he brings back Pettine as D.C. They worked together for 3 years in NY. Him running offense and a known commodity that made our D top 5 would pump instant credibility into the franchise and get fans excited again. Needless to say it would also help sell tickets.

I think the Bills fans would change their tune as in paper we would have proven strength on both sides of the ball.

I also believe he names Chris Palmer OC. He had had experience as OC and HC and had been Lynns right hand man through all of this.

Still not sure Lynn can run a franchise as HC with so little experience. But with respected former Coordinators and HC by his side they can assist him as he learns the ropes.

WRONG!!