Bills are a joke of an organization

Jerry Jabber

You mean people that are unemployed and want to stay relevant

And the worst type of reporter in the world a sport reporter

Ouch

You mean the same people who said hiring Rex Ryan was a mistake and we'd be going through this again in 2 years. Yes.

The problem is I and most fans concur with their line of thought. Some of these "talking heads" are former players giving an honest opinion with no agenda. If they are thinking that what are potential free agents thinking? If I thought the Lynn press conference was embarrassing from a standpoint that the left foot doesn't know what the right foot is doing, how do you think potential coaching candidates who are far more knowledgeable about the business feel?

I'm sure Lynn is a very intelligent man. But he is very green and the FO left him out there to dry in a foreign environment and he stumbled. It made us look incompetent. Do you think a Belichick would have stumbled like that? Or Garrett? Or Sean Peyton? It also demonstrates how little control a potential head coach would have if he came in to coach this team. That's disturbing.

I'm tired of being the leagues punchline. We need to start having experienced and seasoned football people representing our franchise. I don't see that right now being the case since our GM or owner won't speak to the media and Lynn simply doesn't have the experience and shouldn't be the only voice.

Edited by dezertbill

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think an organization like the Patriots, Steelers or Packers would leak to the media that they're going to be firing their HC with a few weeks left in the season, making the coach a lame duck coach and having the coach answer questions about his future for a few weeks?

You think the BIlls leaked that they were going to be firing Rex...before the team was eliminated from playoff contention? So if the Bills had made the playoffs, they'd still have fired him?

Look, I get you're frustrated, but use some common sense.

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

I have zero confidence that whoever the Bills hire as HC will be able to make it to the playoffs. How long do you give the Pegula's to finally blow everything up like they did with the Sabres and clean house (meaning Whaley & his HC get canned)?

I'm going with less than two full seasons.

I understand fans being unhappy, but come on... One would think by listening to the Buff News and some fans on social media this team was 0-16.

They are average. Every little thing has turned into defcon status. Whaley talks on Monday. What's he going to say today that can't wait for Monday? Lynn is a grown man. He was fine during the press conference.

Some Bills fan project too much. You think they're a joke so the entire world does. No. The worst ambassadors for the Bills, nationally, are Bills fans.

Edited by purple haze

That something the Bills need, is an elite QB to compete in the AFC East. Whether that's trading for a veteran like Brees, or trading up to get to the top of the draft when an elite prospect is available.

Thats as easy as running down to the Elite QB store or maybe Amazon Prime (2 day free shipping) because they are readily available.

I think they drafted a qb in the first round who fans had no patience for and gave him 14 games. If your goal was bigger than the playoffs, fans have to be willing to stick throw the ups and downs of a young qb. And let's be honest, most fans (especially Bills ones with good reason), struggle to be patient.

I think people act like the Bills don't want to win. No one wants to win more than the people at top there. But this whole fire everyone talk gets so tiring. Let's just hope they let the GM do his job and hire his own coach.

I have no problems with the Bills taking a shot on a guy as we've seen some guys drafted between rounds two thru six become good QB's, but the draft is a crap shoot. IMO, the Bills gave up way too soon on EJ. Are there busts at the top, sure, but there are more QB's that don't workout out in the lower rounds as well (most of those guys become backups). But the Bills, including Whaley have made some terrible decisions over the years. I like Watkins, but trading up to grab a WR in a heavy WR draft was stupid. If the Bills were going to trade up, it should have been for a player like Mack, not when there are other elite WR's that could have been selected at the Bills original position. Brandon ranting and raving a few years ago about the Bills image being tarnished and that he would leave no stone unturned to find a HC, but settles on the third guy he interviews (shouldn't Whaley have been the one to choose his HC then). Brandon was infatuated with Rex and said "don't let this guy out the door," plus gave Rex hints to woo the Pegula's over (they like red wine), shouldn't the choice for HC been Whaley's?

You mean the same people who said hiring Rex Ryan was a mistake and we'd be going through this again in 2 years. Yes.

The problem is I and most fans concur with their line of thought. Some of these "talking heads" are former players giving an honest opinion with no agenda. If they are thinking that what are potential free agents thinking? If I thought the Lynn press conference was embarrassing from a standpoint that the left foot doesn't know what the right foot is doing, how do you think potential coaching candidates who are far more knowledgeable about the business feel?

I'm sure Lynn is a very intelligent man. But he is very green and the FO left him out there to dry in a foreign environment and he stumbled. It made us look incompetent. Do you think a Belichick would have stumbled like that? Or Garrett? Or Sean Peyton? It also demonstrates how little control a potential head coach would have if he came in to coach this team. That's disturbing.

I'm tired of being the leagues punchline. We need to start having experienced and seasoned football people representing our franchise. I don't see that right now being the case since our GM or owner won't speak to the media and Lynn simply doesn't have the experience and shouldn't be the only voice.

+1

You think the BIlls leaked that they were going to be firing Rex...before the team was eliminated from playoff contention? So if the Bills had made the playoffs, they'd still have fired him?

Honestly, I don't think there was a leak. I think the media often puts their own preconceived notions out there on what they think is going to happen, and then attach a "as per anonymous source" at the end. There was always speculation about Rex being fired when it started looking like we weren't making the playoffs. The media acts like they only went off on Rex because of this supposed "leak" but they would've done it either way.

The media in this town are the joke. What could the Bills possibly do to satisfy them? They all want to have the most hostile and inflammatory tweets and columns. Is there a protocol when promoting a guy to interim coach the week of a game? Do the President, GM, Owner typically sit at the table and field questions on the State of the franchise? Or do they wait until the season ends? Then.. when/if the interim coach is hired permanently they roll out the Executives and everyone shows up in a suit and tie.

As i recall, the Jaguars and Rams interim coach press conferences were pretty low key.

Then how did that info get out? Somebody from OBD told that to the media. Or are you saying it's just coincidence that reports came out about Rex getting fired, then a few weeks later, it actually happens?

Thats as easy as running down to the Elite QB store or maybe Amazon Prime (2 day free shipping) because they are readily available.

Bills would still order the wrong one.

Then how did that info get out? Somebody from OBD told that to the media. Or are you saying it's just coincidence that reports came out about Rex getting fired, then a few weeks later, it actually happens?

How about getting your defense right so they don't give up 200 yard rushing performances to Bell and Ajayi with a chance to make the playoffs? How about getting 11 men on the field? How about not punting in OT with your season on the line? Rex earned his firing.

Or it would come damaged in shipping

How about getting your defense right so they don't give up 200 yard rushing performances to Bell and Ajayi with a chance to make the playoffs? How about getting 11 men on the field? How about not punting in OT with your season on the line? Rex earned his firing.

I agree 100% There's nothing to argue about that. But how did this info get out to the media weeks before the Miami game is the $64,000 question?

I agree 100% There's nothing to argue about that. But how did this info get out to the media weeks before the Miami game is the $64,000 question?

Guess what. He had the power to completely silence everything and he failed miserably. I have zero tears for him as he'll collect a cool $16.5M over the next three years.

Honestly, I don't think there was a leak. I think the media often puts their own preconceived notions out there on what they think is going to happen, and then attach a "as per anonymous source" at the end. There was always speculation about Rex being fired when it started looking like we weren't making the playoffs. The media acts like they only went off on Rex because of this supposed "leak" but they would've done it either way.

Yup.

Again, the Bills weren't out of the playoff picture when the "leak" happened and there was no way they'd fire him if the Bills made the playoffs (or even 9-7 I'm betting). It's what WaT said, i.e. the media speculating.

Guess what. He had the power to completely silence everything and he failed miserably. I have zero tears for him as he'll collect a cool $16.5M over the next three years.

IMO, the defense gave up on him. The scheme was overly complicated and the players were done with him.

Yup.

Again, the Bills weren't out of the playoff picture when the "leak" happened and there was no way they'd fire him if the Bills made the playoffs (or even 9-7 I'm betting). It's what WaT said, i.e. the media speculating.

There's that rumor as well as the one at the start of the season that if the Bills didn't make the playoffs, Rex was gone. Coincidence, speculation or leak from inside OBD? (cue the X-files music).

IMO, the defense gave up on him. The scheme was overly complicated and the players were done with him.

That's squarely on his shoulders. No tears and no hand wringing over what happened. They gave him the players and coaches he wanted and he still failed. Bottom FN line!

I understand fans being unhappy, but come on... One would think by listening to the Buff News and some fans on social media this team was 0-16.

They are average. Every little thing has turned into defcon status. Whaley talks on Monday. What's he going to say today that can't wait for Monday? Lynn is a grown man. He was fine during the press conference.

Some Bills fan project too much. You think they're a joke so the entire world does. No. The worst ambassadors for the Bills, nationally, are Bills fans.

With all due respect purple are you listening to what your saying? "Were average. It's not like we're 0-16".

I'm sorry but mediocre is not OK with me. It's not ok with Tom Brady. It's not ok with Belicheck. It's not ok with Mike Tomlin. That's why those franchises are so successful Year after year dispite injuries, etc. Because they strive for greatness.

Honestly I don't feel we have a mediocre roster. I feel we have a playoff roster. The reason why we haven't succeeded was because of coaching. Hence the exit or Ryan.

Although I've given credit to Whaley for that roster, finding a head coach that can bring the best out of the team also falls on his shoulders. His responsibility is to ensure the franchise is represented in the brightest light. That's not happening right now, and that's Whaleys fault. As much as I've lauded him for the talent on the field it all means nothing if he didn't put the right coaches in place to bring out that maximum potential.

Achieving mediocre with a winning roster is unacceptable. If Whaley can't put the right leadership in place to bring out the best in our players, then regardless of his talent acumen we need it find someone who can.

Edited by dezertbill

There's that rumor as well as the one at the start of the season that if the Bills didn't make the playoffs, Rex was gone. Coincidence, speculation or leak from inside OBD? (cue the X-files music).

Pretty sure the Pegula's themselves denied such an ultimatum. It's your choice to believe an anonymous source over them.

Edited by What a Tuel

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

I have zero confidence that whoever the Bills hire as HC will be able to make it to the playoffs. How long do you give the Pegula's to finally blow everything up like they did with the Sabres and clean house (meaning Whaley & his HC get canned)?

I'm going with less than two full seasons.

I feel your pain. The media here, WGR550 fears saying something wrong about the Bills. John Murphy actually attacked a fan on the radio for suggesting Whaley should have put himself on the stand first. Actually, in a situation like this the owner should have taken the heat. That was obviously his decision because he owes Rex 16-20 million. At the very least the GM should have addressed the media for picking Lynn and sitting Taylor. Pegula really needs to review whether Whaley should stay on too. He has EJ, Watkins and Lawson for last 4 years of 1st round draft picks. EJ is gone next year, Watkins the following if not franchise tagged or signed. That is pretty poor for a team who says it is playoff ready. This team has a long way to go to look like a professional organization, it poorly handles the media and its fans. I miss Empire Sports, it allowed a much better look inside the BIlls and the Bills fed off it. Pegula could hire the right people without needing to start over with players. Could hire AJ back as President, keep Whaley as GM, with Philips/Schwartz as HC and keep Lynn as OC. Whaley alone isn't good enough.

Whaley didnt hire Rex

Rex didnt report to Whaley

Whaley didnt Fire Rex

And yet people want Whaley to talk.

He is MONDAY

Today was the HC Pressor that happens every day.

Doug if you see this answer every question monday with

"We are on to finding the next HC"

I want to see the Buffalo Media and people on this board go nuts after

You're actually a pretty reasonable poster when you're not talking about Taylor. Look, the conference today was mishandled but it's not indicative of anything bigger. The Bills are an 8-8 type team. They hired a coach, it didn't work, they fired him, they'll find a new one. There's nothing unique about the Bills situation. They don't need to blow anything up.

I don't think that Lynn came across bad at all. Seems like a likable guy doing the best he can given the short notice. As far as the Taylor info went, it's clear that management wanted to sit him and Lynn's comment that it was our decision probably means that he agreed when presented with management's wishes.

Edited by keepthefaith