Amazon once again is involved with tech warrent

Saxum

Police said to probe Amazon Echo in relation to murder case

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/27/police-said-to-probe-amazon-echo-in-relation-to-murder-case.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=104188522&yptr=yahoo

The Information reported that police in Bentonville have a warrant for audio and other records from an Echo, a device that can perform verbal commands, including playing music and buying goods from Amazon. Investigators have already extracted some data off the device, and Amazon has turned over the suspects' account information and purchase history, according to The Information.

But Amazon has refused twice to hand over remaining information from the Echo device of the murder suspect, The Information reported. CNBC has reached out to the Bentonville criminal investigations division.

I suspect we will see lots of Justice department pushing of Apple these next four years.

Trump, obviously.

Though I don't know how he reached that conclusion.

Actually you are an idiot.

It has nothing to do with US Czar, it has to do with increase of Apple (and other companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft) collecting data which various investigations have requested but companies do not wish to release for it will make some purchasers wary. I do work for US Government and they are talking about obtaining access to such devices for clearances, etc. They already do searches of "Social Media' and I do not use them for that reason although TSW would be technically classified as such on it. I once changed my name on this board for this reason.

It has nothing to do with US Czar, it has to do with increase of Apple (and other companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft) collecting data which various investigations have requested but companies do not wish to release for it will make some purchasers wary. I do work for US Government and they are talking about obtaining access to such devices for clearances, etc. They already do searches of "Social Media' and I do not use them for that reason although TSW would be technically classified as such on it. I once changed my name on this board for this reason.

they're gonna listen one way or another. Get the tin foil!

And I used to do work for the segment of the government that did those clearances, you !@#$ing moron. And it'll never happen. While the government may be able to get access to records for BI purposes, they'll never get access to the physical devices themselves, and won't get either without your acquiescence. Due process is still a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

And I used to do work for the segment of the government that did those clearances, you !@#$ing moron. And it'll never happen. While the government may be able to get access to records for BI purposes, they'll never get access to the physical devices themselves, and won't get either without your acquiescence. Due process is still a thing.

Minor thing but a thing none the less