Mehta--We Loved him Ripping Marone

plenzmd1

What was he in NY when the Jets axed him?

If you are talking about Mehta...he was the one who really starting hammering Marrone and realistically prevented Saint Doug from getting the Jets job. Or any job since..and we ate all his articles up, me included

If you are talking about Mehta...he was the one who really starting hammering Marrone and realistically prevented Saint Doug from getting the Jets job. Or any job since..and we ate all his articles up, me included

I'm talking about what was his opinion of Rex when he got fired in NY? Was Rex the scapegoat then as well? Is it possible that Rex is just a sh*tty head coach whom the game passed by rather quickly?

Premises wrong and stupid. The bills are blaming the 17-year playoff drought on Ryan. They're blaming the lousy defensive performance, which helped extend the playoff drought. Just a marginally improved defense this year and the bills make the playoffs.

17 year playoff drought has a lot to do with trying to chase/patchwork holes to pursue dreams of a meaningful week 17 game or a wild card loss. The defense may be better, but then the offense will step back. Maybe they draft a Safety in the first round, but 'suddenly' they will be short a couple CBs and a RT.

I want the whole culture to be changed and the sites aimed higher.

If Mehta can't see that the reason the Bills fired Rex was because the defense sucked, that's his forte, and with a halfway decent defense they probably would've made the playoffs, he's an idiot. And the cheap shots at Buffalo just make him look like a giant douche.

Edited by Doc

If Mehta can't see that the reason the Bills fired Rex was because the defense sucked, that's his forte, and with a halfway decent defense they probably would've made the playoffs, he's an idiot. And the cheap shots at Buffalo just make him look like a giant douche.

yep, no mention whatsoever that the D-Rex inherited a top 5 D and proceeded to destroy it.

Wrong use of word "forte" here.

To work the spin here, Mehta is relying on the idea that Taylor is really bad, which he is not. He is average.

In fairness, EJ was the really bad QB he referenced.

Tyrod was just the "bad" one.

:lol:

Stopped reading when he proclaimed that Ryan was a good coach. Sorry but his entire record says otherwise.

He may be correct that the franchise is sadly in a complete state of disarray.

So this is now at least the 3rd article in a short period of time from national media (or international) suggesting a HC change isn't sufficient and that the Bills' problems run much deeper than that.

Good.

Maybe Terry reads this stuff and is slowly changing his mind.

So this is now at least the 3rd article in a short period of time from national media (or international) suggesting a HC change isn't sufficient and that the Bills' problems run much deeper than that.

Good.

Maybe Terry reads this stuff and is slowly changing his mind.

Jesus I hope not.

You honestly hope that an owner of a billion dollar team is persuaded by a journalist that has had no involvement or experience running a team?

Jesus I hope not.

You honestly hope that an owner of a billion dollar team is persuaded by a journalist that has had no involvement or experience running a team?

Sadly, someone like Mehta probably has more experience and judgment regarding what a good NFL organization looks like as compared to Pegula.

Don't take my word for it, just keep watching Pegula's decisions.

To work the spin here, Mehta is relying on the idea that Taylor is really bad, which he is not. He is average.

His article loses any credibility when it fails to account for the entire purpose of bringing Rex to Buffalo: to continue to build on the really good defense we had in 2014.

The article shifts blame from Rex to the QB, failing to take into consideration that the QB is part of an offense that ranks 7th in points scored and top 5 - top 10 in many offensive categories, while the defense is literally a steaming pile of $h*t.