Anyone remember Jeff Faine?

He's the center from ND that the Bills just missed out on in the 2003 draft and who was rated a "can't miss" as a pro player. Well it looks like the Browns want to get rid of him. Anyone seen a Browns game and have an opinion on him?

Browns | Souring on Faine - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:20:18 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns coaching staff soured on starting C Jeff Faine late last season and former offensive line coach Larry Zierlein said in a radio interview that backup C Melvin Fowler performed better. General manager Phil Savage said Faine remains the team's starting center, but he acknowledged the interior of the line needs to be upgraded. "I think Jeff needs some guys around him," Savage said. "Any time you have a center on an island, he's in trouble. That is such a glaring need . . . everything is going to begin and end with that interior three-man unit."

He's the center from ND that the Bills just missed out on in the 2003 draft and who was rated a "can't miss" as a pro player.  Well it looks like the Browns want to get rid of him.  Anyone seen a Browns game and have an opinion on him?

254302[/snapback]

Faine was playing injured and the quality of his play suffered because the other 4 offensive line were, in a word, terrible.

Teague looked like a swinging door in 2003, with Pucillo and Rueben playing horrid football next to him. In 2004, he received much better coaching and Chris V. to his right. Still needs someone on his left flank but his play vastly improved.

I was one of his biggest critics in 2003 and give him credit for playing far better last season. I believe Tucker is solid at Center also and a good versitile backup. The LG position could use a big road grader for the running game.

Teague looked like a swinging door in 2003, with Pucillo and Rueben playing horrid football next to him. In 2004, he received much better coaching and Chris V. to his right. Still needs someone on his left flank but his play vastly improved.

I was one of his biggest critics in 2003 and give him credit for playing far better last season. I believe Tucker is solid at Center also and a good versitile backup. The LG position could use a big road grader for the running game.

254351[/snapback]

Oh Jesus, another Football-Related Post. :D

I also was a huge critic of Teague. Though JMac's coaching has made an impact on the OL play, I still remain unconvinced that Teague is the answer at Center. LT is his natural position. I continue to hope that TD will bring in a rock-solid Center. As the roster stands right now, I'd keep Teague - as a backup at LT and at Center (with Tucker backing up Guard and Center) and look to fill a vacant starting position at Center.

Maybe they would consider dealing him?  :D

That's what it sounds like. It's possible that injury, horrible coaching, and bad teammates have made him look bad, but it would be JMac's call and if he likes him, that's all I need to hear I don't know what they'd want for him though, considering he's a former 1st round pick, and has reasonable salaries until 2008.