• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

Seriously?

One game against there crumby Jets is an audition for Thurman?

I hope this isn't true.

They should've canned Rex and Rob weeks ago if they wanted to audition these guys.... But hey, typical OBD at work.

No way they keep Thurman. He will go down with that defense.

Why? That whole philosophy is antiquated and broken. The defensive coaching slate should be wiped clean, the same goes for ST. I'd probably kick David Lee to the curb while I'm at it.

Do you advocate that they tell everyone they are gone in a week? Got to give them a reason to show up

well yes and no. They want to see him without Rex (and Rob) which has never been the case before. But, it's still one game against a crap team.

I know, just pointing out what a lousy arrangement we were living with. The guy could actually be a damn genius, and we'd never know!

I don't think he has much chance at all to be retained regardless of who is named HC. I think you have to get rid of everyone on the defensive side that Rex brought over from the Jets,and Ed Reed. I doubt Reed has any interest in continuing to coach anyway as it seemed like he was just doing Rex a favor anyway.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I really hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We've lost Schwartz, Henderson, and some other fine coaches in recent years. I think part of Lynn being a favorite is some degree of continuity and keeping or promoting what works and dumping most things Rex. I'd like Lynn as at least OC, and Kromer has quietly done a hell of a job.

@4joshreed

Final game is also considered to be an audition for Dennis Thurman. #Bills DC will get a chance to do his thing W/O Rex & Rob in the way

It's actually an interesting point that just occurred to me. The defense has been increasingly chaotic and unprepared as the season went on, culminating with Saturday's bull **** performance. It'll be interesting to see if the defense does any better this weekend with a single point of responsibility at DC instead a three-headed monster.

I'm guessing - hoping - at least we'll see them able to get 11 men on the !@#$ing field consistently. That would be a big step.

I don't think he has much chance at all to be retained regardless of who is named HC. I think you have to get rid of everyone on the defensive side that Rex brought over from the Jets,and Ed Reed. I doubt Reed has any interest in continuing to coach anyway as it seemed like he was just doing Rex a favor anyway.

That could affect the quarterly jobs report.

It's actually an interesting point that just occurred to me. The defense has been increasingly chaotic and unprepared as the season went on, culminating with Saturday's bull **** performance. It'll be interesting to see if the defense does any better this weekend with a single point of responsibility at DC instead a three-headed monster.

I'm guessing - hoping - at least we'll see them able to get 11 men on the !@#$ing field consistently. That would be a big step.

Might be hard to gauge with the Jets being so anemic and running for the bus on Sunday.

I really hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water. We've lost Schwartz, Henderson, and some other fine coaches in recent years. I think part of Lynn being a favorite is some degree of continuity and keeping or promoting what works and dumping most things Rex. I'd like Lynn as at least OC, and Kromer has quietly done a hell of a job.

Agree on Kromer ... fantastic

Might be hard to gauge with the Jets being so anemic and running for the bus on Sunday.

Contrary to what we've seen this season, it is NOT hard to gauge "Do they have between ten and twelve players on the field?"

I'm not asking for much. Just: are they prepared? Do they know what they're supposed to do? I'm not even asking for them to DO it properly, just evidence that they know what the hell's going on. That's pretty gaugeable...even if the Jets are running for the bus.

If Fitzpatrick passes for less than 400 yards...that'll just be a bonus. I don't care if Gilmore gets beat, as long as I can see he knows he's covering Brandon Marshall and not Darby.

Exactly.

Why didn't they fire Rex before the Miami game? When we still had a slight chance at the playoffs?

Hell, why didn't they fire him before Miami's last kick in regulation, when we had a good chance at winning the game?

Contrary to what we've seen this season, it is NOT hard to gauge "Do they have between ten and twelve players on the field?"

I'm not asking for much. Just: are they prepared? Do they know what they're supposed to do? I'm not even asking for them to DO it properly, just evidence that they know what the hell's going on. That's pretty gaugeable...even if the Jets are running for the bus.

If Fitzpatrick passes for less than 400 yards...that'll just be a bonus. I don't care if Gilmore gets beat, as long as I can see he knows he's covering Brandon Marshall and not Darby.

Hell, why didn't they fire him before Miami's last kick in regulation, when we had a good chance at winning the game?

Fair enough on these rudimentary elements of the game.

This is all smoke and mirrors by the Bills PR. None of these defensive guys will be retained. Even if Lynn makes HC, he will hire an OC and a DC. The coordinators will fill out their staffs. Maybe Kromer gets OC and he retains offensive staff. You have to blow it up on defense.