Rex is gone, but a Thank You is in order

He was a disappointment as a head coach. He knows that.

But the NFL world, media, businesses, and Buffalo in general took notice of the Bills again. He's a loud mouth, and he screamed for the cause.

Thank You, REX!!

it is true enough. we had not had this much media attention is years and years.

russ must be delighted

Edited by 3rdand12

it is true enough. we had not had this much media attention is years and years.

russ must be delighted

Well, to be fair, most of them are laughing at us..... But hey, it's attention!

Polian was brutal tonight on Sirius. But he also seemed confused on some things, too. Still a little hard feelings? Ralph is dead.

REX, thanks for having the BS skills to bilk 26.5M out of ownership for less than 2 years of work.

Thanks for setting back the team for 2+ years. Not delivering on a single promise. Russ took full

advantage of your bombastic personality selling record season tickets. Too offset your insane salary.

none of it justified. Enjoy your time off it's not like you lived at OBD anyways..

addios

Polian was brutal tonight on Sirius. But he also seemed confused on some things, too. Still a little hard feelings? Ralph is dead.

No such thing as bad publicity.

What did he say?

I used to love Polian and thought that firing him was the biggest mistake in Bills history.

Yet, he made some comments previously that showed he was out of touch. Enjoy being in the Hall of Fame and being part of the chattering class Bill.

I would thank him.

I loved the way he embraced the community and was so familiar with Bills history and the Sabres etc.

I know these guys (every NFL coach) work their freaking arses off and give up a lot of family time to do so.

Edited by Peter

REX, thanks for having the BS skills to bilk 26.5M out of ownership for less than 2 years of work.

Thanks for setting back the team for 2+ years. Not delivering on a single promise. Russ took full

advantage of your bombastic personality selling record season tickets. Too offset your insane salary.

none of it justified. Enjoy your time off it's not like you lived at OBD anyways..

adios

Yup.

addios

I'm no fan of Rex or his work, but I have a difficult time blaming him for being himself, and getting a boatload of cash to boot.

I would thank him.

I loved the way he embraced the community and was so familiar with Bills history and the Sabres etc.

I know these guys (every NFL coach) work their freaking arses off and give up a lot of family time to do so.

Agree with you. He's a joke but can't say he didn't appreciate our community and has some history with it.

What did he say?

I used to love Polian and thought that firing him was the biggest mistake in Bills history.

Yet, he made some comments previously that showed he was out of touch. Enjoy being in the Hall of Fame and being part of the chattering class Bill.

I agree the firing was a ginormous mistake. I tried to explain it to my son (driving from Nashville to Atlanta, so we had time listening to Sirius) but couldn't remember the exact details. Was it a tiff with Ralph's daughter, or someone else? Regardless, it was tragic....

CAUTION: STREAM OF THOUGHT AHEAD WARNING: He said the Bills front office was a "sieve" (repeatedly) and said none of it came from the Pegulas. People knew what the deal was weeks ago. League sources said they had Sammy...and a bunch of #3's so he put them down for that for a while (but then said Woods was a decent #2, which seemed odd after putting them down). He called the running game good, when I think it was much more than that. He called Gillislee a decent #2, but not the work horse (Fair enough for now), but a little more glowing comments would have been in order based on YPC, either ignorant or biased. No comment that the YPC is CRAZY, just a good run game? OL is good at run blocking, but Seantrel a disappointment (who hasn't played) with his weed elective. Just decent pass blocking. Tyrod is OK, but "the team has decided he's not the guy". (No, I think they decided to protect their interests.) No discipline on penalties. DL is decent, but Marcel gets suspended then does everything BUT get in shape. Kylie is great but old (was unaware of his actual injury history, missed a little time just this year....and last?). No safeties (Duh, but no mention that we dropped of a cliff when Landry risked criminal charges for jacking AW in the head.) Thought letting 7/11 go was stupid. LB's are decent. Hughes and Lorax are terrific. Darby good but maybe the only CB after FA. DB's need help. Clay is good, but not used enough. Until we know who the QB and HC are, it's all a crap shoot.

OK, some of that is what I heard, and/or maybe filtered through how I feel.

Not from here , no Thank you to Rex. He gets what, $15M thank you's from the Pegulas. I'm not of the "all publicity is good publicity" school

I agree the firing was a ginormous mistake. I tried to explain it to my son (driving from Nashville to Atlanta, so we had time listening to Sirius) but couldn't remember the exact details. Was it a tiff with Ralph's daughter, or someone else? Regardless, it was tragic....

CAUTION: STREAM OF THOUGHT AHEAD WARNING: He said the Bills front office was a "sieve" (repeatedly) and said none of it came from the Pegulas. People knew what the deal was weeks ago. League sources said they had Sammy...and a bunch of #3's so he put them down for that for a while (but then said Woods was a decent #2, which seemed odd after putting them down). He called the running game good, when I think it was much more than that. He called Gillislee a decent #2, but not the work horse (Fair enough for now), but a little more glowing comments would have been in order based on YPC, either ignorant or biased. No comment that the YPC is CRAZY, just a good run game? OL is good at run blocking, but Seantrel a disappointment (who hasn't played) with his weed elective. Just decent pass blocking. Tyrod is OK, but "the team has decided he's not the guy". (No, I think they decided to protect their interests.) No discipline on penalties. DL is decent, but Marcel gets suspended then does everything BUT get in shape. Kylie is great but old (was unaware of his actual injury history, missed a little time just this year....and last?). No safeties (Duh, but no mention that we dropped of a cliff when Landry risked criminal charges for jacking AW in the head.) Thought letting 7/11 go was stupid. LB's are decent. Hughes and Lorax are terrific. Darby good but maybe the only CB after FA. DB's need help. Clay is good, but not used enough. Until we know who the QB and HC are, it's all a crap shoot.

OK, some of that is what I heard, and/or maybe filtered through how I feel.

Polian Firing: Levy remembers it this way. "Along the way, Polian tangled with Bills treasurer Jeff Littmann and Bills owner Ralph Wilson so many times that Wilson finally decided to let him go in 1992. Polian talked Wilson out of firing him then, but the two men agreed he would leave at the end of the season. (after the superbowl) "Later that night, Levy went to Wilson’s hotel room and made a case for his friend, arguing that Polian was the best general manager in football, a superb personnel evaluator, a terrific negotiator, and one of the smartest people in the game. Wilson gave Levy a fatherly smile and said, “Marv, everything you said about Bill’s merits I agree with. But we just don’t get along.” "

A lot of Polian's comments as recalled by you sound pretty accurate, but as noted somewhat out of touch on safety situation, phenomenal YPC etc.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

The Rex Effect.

I'll never forget flying into Buffalo for the opener the year he was hired then while sitting at the Big Tree Rex was a topic on both PTI and Around the Horn- partially because of the buzz around the Bills and partially because of the picture of his wife's feet on his desk. Nevertheless, we were nationally relevant (at least talked about) for the first time in forever. From the Thurman jersey and shamrock shakes at the combine to Walt Pulaski reporter call, it was a lot more fun that teach me how to Dougie "obviously" Marrone. On that note, bring me a Jauron that wins any day.

Not from here , no Thank you to Rex. He gets what, $15M thank you's from the Pegulas. I'm not of the "all publicity is good publicity" school

Polian Firing: Levy remembers it this way. "Along the way, Polian tangled with Bills treasurer Jeff Littmann and Bills owner Ralph Wilson so many times that Wilson finally decided to let him go in 1992. Polian talked Wilson out of firing him then, but the two men agreed he would leave at the end of the season. (after the superbowl) "Later that night, Levy went to Wilson’s hotel room and made a case for his friend, arguing that Polian was the best general manager in football, a superb personnel evaluator, a terrific negotiator, and one of the smartest people in the game. Wilson gave Levy a fatherly smile and said, “Marv, everything you said about Bill’s merits I agree with. But we just don’t get along.” "

A lot of Polian's comments as recalled by you sound pretty accurate, but as noted somewhat out of touch on safety situation, phenomenal YPC etc.

Sounds as credible as anything I've heard or read. I've also heard about family members involved, but there's nothing I can point to to prove that. It's not relevant t this point, but it does make you wonder, what if?

The Rex Effect.

I'll never forget flying into Buffalo for the opener the year he was hired then while sitting at the Big Tree Rex was a topic on both PTI and Around the Horn- partially because of the buzz around the Bills and partially because of the picture of his wife's feet on his desk. Nevertheless, we were nationally relevant (at least talked about) for the first time in forever. From the Thurman jersey and shamrock shakes at the combine to Walt Pulaski reporter call, it was a lot more fun that teach me how to Dougie "obviously" Marrone. On that note, bring me a Jauron that wins any day.

Rex will remain a relevant blowhard. Should we start a poll to predict the network? That might be fun! (And he might casually be good at it, similar to a jerk like Gruden.)