Problems installing micro sd card in cell phone - SOLVED

TSNBDSC

One of the most important lessons I learned on a help desk is that, no matter how obvious you think it is, check it.

So, my first question:

Are you sure you have a cell phone? You're not trying to insert the SD card into a TV remote or a toaster, are you?

One of the most important lessons I learned on a help desk is that, no matter how obvious you think it is, check it.

So, my first question:

Are you sure you have a cell phone? You're not trying to insert the SD card into a TV remote or a toaster, are you?

Don't forget, is the power plug plugged in.

Don't forget, is the power plug plugged in.

Need to make sure he has a phone first. Wouldn't want him plugging the power cord into a house plant or ceiling fan or something.

(I did once have a call where it turned out someone wasn't using the correct product. "Wait...give me the version number of what you have. What? That's a CD drive. Why have you been telling me for the past ten minutes its a sound card?")

Need to make sure he has a phone first. Wouldn't want him plugging the power cord into a house plant or ceiling fan or something.

(I did once have a call where it turned out someone wasn't using the correct product. "Wait...give me the version number of what you have. What? That's a CD drive. Why have you been telling me for the past ten minutes its a sound card?")

Reminds me back in college in the late 90s I worked on the college's LAN help desk.

We got a call from a professor asking for help getting on the Internet from home. This guy was like a Sociology or some other Liberal Artsy professor with a PhD and a bunch of letters in his title.

He had heard about the Internet and wanted to try it from home. So he bought a modem(this was the 90s) but couldn't get it working

It went a little something like:

Are you sure the phone cord is plugged in? Yes

If you connect a telephone to the same phone cord do you get a dial tone? Yes

Okay, do you see an icon for My Computer? No, I'm at home and can't see your computer

On your desktop do you see an icon the desktop labeled My Computer? No, I have the modem on my desk

What do you see on your screen? He described what was on TV

What do you see on the computer screen? I don't know, it's at the office and I'm at home

What do you see on your home computer screen? I don't have a home computer

And that guy has doctorate in something :wallbash:

Cell phone won't format SD cards bigger than 32GB using FAT32. If you try to format a 64GB (or larger) a SD card you will have to choose between NTFS and exFAT which the phone can't.

Glad to hear you've solved your problem

If you had mentioned the size earlier I'm sure somebody would have pointed out the size limitation ;)

Cell phone won't format SD cards bigger than 32GB using FAT32. If you try to format a 64GB (or larger) a SD card you will have to choose between NTFS and exFAT which the phone can't.

HOUSTON we have a

PICNIC!

Problem

In

Chair

Not

In

Computer

And there was no mention of this in the phone specs listing, instructions, what not before you went to the store to buy the 64 SD card? "Something like: 32 is the limit."

;-) ;-)

Not to sound like a smartazz... But I inherently stay below 32 to avoid these issues... Maybe just old habit from the old days and these monster sized cards.

Yet, I try to use this conservative, lay up short logic in a lot issues... Then people like my wife give me schit like:

"It's a microwave oven. Modern invention, space age, etc... Aluminum foil should be able to work in it!"

/wallbash!

I am telling you, we are all headed to hell on an E-Ride Ticket!

;-) :-P