Can the Bills Decline the Option and Then Franchise Tyrod?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Why would you even want to do that? Pick up the option and hes about what the 20th highest paid Qb? Wouldnt his cap hit be ridiculous if he was franchised?

This is 100% about new HC signing off on TT and Bills waiting for that to happen. They have months to decide on option.

Edited by bobobonators

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Yea, that's a bad !@#$ up. Now it is all on Whaley though. No hiding anymore. He better do it with this coach or he is gone next time too.

Why would you even want to do that? Pick up the option and hes about what the 20th highest paid Qb? Wouldnt his cap hit be ridiculous if he was franchised?

This is 100% about new HC signing off on TT and Bills waiting for that to happen. They have months to decide on option.

/thread :thumbsup:

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Even if they could, why would they tag him to tie up even more cap space than the extension they negotiated?

Because I guarantee you there is a team that will give you at least a 2nd for him.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How does it not make sense. You don't think there is a team out there that would trade for him? If you had the option to decline and franchise, the franchise is only one year and you can trade him or yea, maybe keep him one more year instead of committing to him long term.

No. And I wouldn't hit him with the tag even if we could. But I don't think it was a terrible contract by Whaley. He paid Taylor a little more this season to get his extension in place, as a sign of good faith for his progress to that point and to show the rest of the team that the FO supported him. If Tyrod was worth a franchise tag, then he'd be worth the extension. He's not. He didn't develop and he's not going to. It's time to move on because even keeping him on as a bridge or back up won't work. Too many problems come with trying to do that with a former starter. It's over for him here. I wish him well in his future endeavors.