HOF

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Let me see.... talent-laden team with a mobile QB who has to do better than Drew's abysmal QB ranking last year, with the records of Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger as rookies shining a bright path...

UMMMMM... I DISAGREE!

IMHO, Bledsoe lost 3 games for us last year.

Jacksonville - After the opening drive, he did nothing. Nothing! The Jacksonville defense was ripe for the picking, and all he picked was his nose.

New England at home - Yet another late quater fumble by Bledsoe, returned for a touchdown. Buffalo had all of the momentum, and in one bad play by Bledsoe, it turned into a heartbreaking loss.

Pittsburgh - See above.

Losman is not going to be the second coming of Montana or Marino. Yet he has the mobility to at least scramble away from these types of situations. And I guarantee you that Mularky and co. will only have to make J.P. manage the offense for a victory. (See Willis McGahee).

To even think that the Bills won't do anything with Bledsoe gone, speaks volumes about your loyalities as a true Bills fan, but of course. You're entitles to your opinions...

Let me see.... talent-laden team with a mobile QB who has to do better than Drew's abysmal QB ranking last year, with the records of Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger as rookies shining a bright path...

UMMMMM... I DISAGREE!

254213[/snapback]

I was in Vermont once and I lied the "rustic seting"....but it was boring, even in Stratton Mountain! I can see why you would like the bills!

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I was in Vermont once and I lied the "rustic seting"....but it was boring, even in Stratton Mountain! I can see why you would like the bills!

254223[/snapback]

Boring is better than getting shot in the chest by a armed robber or getting carjacked or having to be subjected to Massachusetts-like taxes!

I'll take rustic, unpolluted, and peaceful!

Frankly, I don't care about next year from a win/loss standpoint. I'm more interested in how Losman, and the team, progresses. I don't expect a Big Ben run out of him...in fact, I've seen so little film on him, I don't expect anything at all. Maybe I'm setting my sights low, but I'm really only hoping for two things next year:

1) I hope Losman and the team show continued, consistent improvement as the season goes on.

2) I hope at the end of the year, our future QB is NOT drawing comparisons to Todd Collins.

I recognize and accept it'll be slow going, and if we can just show changes and tweaks and various gameplans for various teams and steady improvement, I have no shame in being a team moving in the right direction.

Jacksonville - After the opening drive, he did nothing.  Nothing!  The Jacksonville defense was ripe for the picking, and all he picked was his nose.

Perhaps you forgot about Mould's fumble on the ~5 yard line? No fumble, and the game's different

New England at home - Yet another late quater fumble by Bledsoe, returned for a touchdown.  Buffalo had all of the momentum, and in one bad play by Bledsoe, it turned into a heartbreaking loss.

He didn't have a good game, but if WM gains one yard on the previous play (3rd and short), we're not put into the situation. Also, if I remember correctly everyone came unblocked. A sack (and turnover on downs) would've obviously been better, but a team doesn't have the momentum when they don't convert on 3rd and 1 and need to go for it on 4th.

Pittsburgh - See above. 

This one's been beaten to death.

To even think that the Bills won't do anything with Bledsoe gone, speaks volumes about your loyalities as a true Bills fan, but of course.  You're entitles to your opinions...

Oh, here we go again with the "true fan" crap.

Look, I'm a huge Bills fan; however, I also don't think we'll even sniff the playoffs this year. We have Losman as the #1, and nobody as the #2 or #3! Losman has shown that he's very VERY reckless and runs around all the time, both in preseason and in very limited regular season action. I'm hopeful that he'll become a QB first and an RB second, but he hasn't shown that yet. Combine that with (literally) no depth, and I"m worried.

This may change depending on who get as a #2 down the road, or if JPL can show in preseason that he will indeed pass the ball more often than not. But until then, I'm not confident about our chances either. I'll still watch/root, but I'm very apprehensive.

I still believe that our best bet would've been with one more year for DB and myabe do like the jets used to do and put JPL in for a drive or two from time to time as a changeup. But that didn't happen, so we have to see how the season unfolds.

CW

He didn't have a good game, but if WM gains one yard on the previous play (3rd and short), we're not put into the situation.  Also, if I remember correctly everyone came unblocked.  A sack (and turnover on downs) would've obviously been better, but a team doesn't have the momentum when they don't convert on 3rd and 1 and need to go for it on 4th.

254239[/snapback]

As long as we're correcting the blame game, it wasn't Willis who tripped over the grass blades on 3rd and 1 with a clear road to the end zone. Plus, the reason everyone came in unblocked is that not-Willis RB decided to run the wrong way on the QB option.

Still, I'm glad all these non-Willis players will not be wearing Bills blue next year.

As long as we're correcting the blame game, it wasn't Willis who tripped over the grass blades on 3rd and 1 with a clear road to the end zone.  Plus, the reason everyone came in unblocked is that not-Willis RB decided to run the wrong way on the QB option.

Still, I'm glad all these non-Willis players will not be wearing Bills blue next year.

254243[/snapback]

I stand corrected -- I forgot that TH was still in there. Also, it was 3rd and 2. Still, 3rd and 2 and you should get more than -1 yards. :D

CW

Frankly, I don't care about next year from a win/loss standpoint.

254232[/snapback]

jeez, this board has reached a new low when people are content with 5 straight years of missing the playoffs.........they don't call him "teflon tom" for nothing!

IMHO, Bledsoe lost 3 games for us last year. 

Jacksonville - After the opening drive, he did nothing.  Nothing!  The Jacksonville defense was ripe for the picking, and all he picked was his nose.

New England at home - Yet another late quater fumble by Bledsoe, returned for a touchdown.  Buffalo had all of the momentum, and in one bad play by Bledsoe, it turned into a heartbreaking loss.

Pittsburgh - See above. 

Losman is not going to be the second coming of Montana or Marino.  Yet he has the mobility to at least scramble away from these types of situations.  And I guarantee you that Mularky and co. will only have to make J.P. manage the offense for a victory.  (See Willis McGahee). 

To even think that the Bills won't do anything with Bledsoe gone, speaks volumes about your loyalities as a true Bills fan, but of course.  You're entitles to your opinions...

254222[/snapback]

Don't forget those 3 straight 4th down completions he allowed on that last drive!

jeez, this board has reached a new low when people are content with 5 straight years of missing the playoffs.........they don't call him "teflon tom" for nothing!

254248[/snapback]

And if we fail again, no one will blame JP! When they've already assured us he'll put up near PB numbers!

What we need on offense besides better line play, is a vet QB and RB who can take the load off of Willis.

254248[/snapback]

You've been on this crusade for like two days now......If you're going to be a crusader, you need to actually make your repetitive point in the context of the thread. If you want to see what a real crusade is like, go back and read the anti-Bledsoe crusade that Rico and I were a part of. It was pure genius :D

By the way, I could care less about 'getting' to the playoffs. I'm interested in building a superbowl contender that is capable of winning it all. TD may take one step back in order to take two steps forward from time to time, but there is no question this team is on the right track.

And if we fail again, no one will blame JP!  When they've already assured us he'll put up near PB numbers!

What we need on offense besides better line play, is a vet QB and RB who can take the load off of Willis.

254256[/snapback]

Why do you say no one would blame JP? The guy hasn't even taken a meaningful snap in the NFL yet. We have no reason to be critical or not. Bledsoe had three years to show why his ass needed to be cut.

I stand corrected -- I forgot that TH was still in there.  Also, it was 3rd and 2.  Still, 3rd and 2 and you should get more than -1 yards. :D

CW

254244[/snapback]

It should, and that's why Travis's mug appeared on a milk carton shortly thereafter.

254248[/snapback]

You must've quoted the wrong person because you sure the hell aren't talking about me. I didn't say a goddamn thing about not making the playoffs or even mentioned TD in my thread. So unless you're just making long, broad assumptions that have no value whatsoever, I'll assume you quoted the wrong post. Would you mind going back and editing your post and putting the proper quote in there? I'd appreciate it, because otherwise it looks like you didn't read my post and just threw a random thought up there because it makes you feel better.

And I'm sure that's not the case.

Ok, I am really sick of the excuses that are made by some members here for Bledsoe's bad performance. Players make mistakes, it's true, but with Moulds, it will come once or twice a year. With McGahee, maybe once or twice a year. With Bledsoe, you could count on having to make up for one big mistake every game. There are many different players to blame for our losses, but Bledsoe is a key component in pretty much all of them. That's not something you should be saying about your starting quarterback. He was a liability, now he's gone and everyone needs to move on and hope that our next QB is not as big of one.

Ok, I am really sick of the excuses that are made by some members here for Bledsoe's bad performance.  Players make mistakes, it's true, but with Moulds, it will come once or twice a year.  With McGahee, maybe once or twice a year.  With Bledsoe,  you could count on having to make up for one big mistake every game.  There are many different players to blame for our losses, but Bledsoe is a key component in pretty much all of them.  That's not something you should be saying about your starting quarterback.  He was a liability, now he's gone and everyone needs to move on and hope that our next QB is not as big of one.

254267[/snapback]

It wasn't quite one a day, but you make a good point. The problem is this team could absorb even those. But when the running back was also making one or more mistakes a day it was just too much to overcome.