Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is even possible in this world to have any genuine clue as to how any specific coordinator would do away from what Bellichick adds, on both offense and defense.

And while it's true that it's hard to know what any coordinator will do as a HC never having held that position, I think it's two or three fold more true with The Devil's henchmen.

If he was waiting for BB's job, why did he bother interviewing for the Browns head coaching job? Wouldn't it be easier to just decline? Big waste of time interviewing for a job you don't want and having to go through all that preparation for something you don't want.

That's literally what I said, I was responding to someone else who was claiming he was coach in waiting.....

no. you find a HC who finds a guy like Matt Patricia. the BB tree doesn't work when pruned and re-planted. get a manager and a guy who can find good coaching talent.

Who is this gem that you speak of? Is he a f****** rocket scientist? No I didn't think so...

I think he's a brilliant coordinator but I worry that he's been sheltered up there in New England having the same job for the same boss for so many years. He's never experienced losing either - having joined the Patriots in the year they won the Super Bowl. He's only ever worked in the winning, well-oiled machine of the Patriots.

The spotlight and amount of work that goes into being a head coach on his own, on top of all the Buffalo dynamic is a big ask.

Is it more work than being a rocket engineer? Doubt it. He will put the work in

no. you find a HC who finds a guy like Matt Patricia. the BB tree doesn't work when pruned and re-planted. get a manager and a guy who can find good coaching talent.

And how do toh know thats NOT Patricia he quit being an Engineer to get back into football. He made the choice BB didnt find him.

No way BB allows this to happen unless he knows he can beat him twice a year

Has no say

And how do toh know thats NOT Patricia he quit being an Engineer to get back into football. He made the choice BB didnt find him.

Has no say

Exactly! Belichick didn't find the rocket scientist, the rocket scientist found the Belichick!

see Mangenius, Eric

He quit a very lucrative engineering positions to take on low level coaching because his passion was to get back into football?

LOL. Now I really hope he gets hired!!

Me too. I wanted him hired instead of Rex.

2 years later still do

you actually judge a guy based on him having a beard? Please, man.

Also, do you realize that NE has the number one defense in the league this year using in terms of points allowed?

They also have better players that know how to tackle and limit YAC . Not shot in the a$$ with any NE coaches as their track record elsewhere hasn't been great. But suspicious of any DC under the genius. It's his show. I like MCDaniels though, his offensive design is great and it's a passing league. The Pats have had good ads and average Ds over the years.

He was a D coordinator but it has been clear for some time that he lets his guys coach. So who call the plays BB or Matt? that tells me who is really running the D.

This year it is def Patricia, but literally just last year BB took over the play calling because he got ticked off with their performance. I don't think he has ever done that with the OC.

I think Patricia be a great HC as long as he isn't handcuffed by management. What I mean by that is the owners and GM say "you will play X player because he makes X dollars" even though Patricia knows Y player is better. ( be like if the owner in Seattle told Carroll to play Flynn instead of a certain young rookie QB.)