So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

15 points on Patriots

8 with MIA

7 with Steelers

Being very strict with my choices

There is 30

Should i add the positive (when we are winning) garbage time points too?

What are the rest of the teams "garbage time" stats? I'm just wondering if the Bills are the only team in the league that scores points when they are down or up?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if TT shows for over 300 yards every game and the offense runs up 600 yards and over 30 point per game, they would win more than they would lose?

This is...amazing!

So.....8 garbage points. Got it.

Try again 30 when losing i will go count them when game in hand as well if you want.

Guessing you dont though

Edited by MAJBobby

What are the rest of the teams "garbage time" stats? I'm just wondering if the Bills are the only team in the league that scores points when they are down or up?

His posts keep getting more and more awesome!

Try again 30 when losing i will go count them when game in hand as well if you want.

At what point is the game "in hand"? Like when the Bills are up by 2 scores entering the 4th Q?

Let me put it this way to completely dismiss the QB and Offense as not issues because we set a franchise record in point is absurd

I just posted 4 games when the Offense had a chance to WIN the game and couldnt deliver (QB is a major reason for that)

15 points on Patriots

8 with MIA

7 with Steelers

Being very strict with my choices

There is 30

Should i add the positive (when we are winning) garbage time points too?

Missed another one 7 with Jets

Let me put it this way to completely dismiss the QB and Offense as not issues because we set a franchise record in point is absurd

I just posted 4 games when the Offense had a chance to WIN the game and couldnt deliver (QB is a major reason for that)

I'm not completely dismissing that they played a role. As we've discussed, everything plays a role. I'm simply saying their portion of the blame is significantly smaller than the defense, kickers, coaching, etc...

So the Bills have already scored 389 points this year and you are resting on 37 as the bedrock of your argument that TT scores a lot of points in "garbage time"?

Edited by Mr. WEO

The facts are the facts. You are giving opinions. It's a fact that they average 25.9 points a game. The reason that you THINK something happens will never be more accurate than it DID happen. You are saying that you THINK that this or that happened. I am saying that 25.9 PPG DID happen. Facts vs. opinions

Fact alot of BAD did happen with this QB with all the points they scored they couldnt win a game when on the line TWICE (very easy twice to point too) Sea and MIA

That also did happen

So the Bills have already scored 389 points this year and you are resting on 37 as the bedrock of your argument that TT scores a lot of points in "garbage time"?

Theyre not applying the same standard across the league. We only play bad teams. We only score in garbage time. Its a waste of anyone's time.

When someone has thousands of posts in a span of months literally only addressing TT, that person is nothing more than a troll at best or a mental case at worst.

Yep Bills did score alot of points. Awesome Shady is one hell of a RB.

Too bad they couldnt in OT twice or Sea to end game

We would be in the playoffs.

So end of day means nothing

That's an opinion too....

Really?

Where was the Ball in OT 1st and 10 where?

Where was the Ball in Seattle?

What were the outcomes

Facts what i said DID HAPPEN

The O and TT could NOT win those two games

Were are we sitting with wins Sat and against Sea?

How many FGs did TT miss Sunday?

CoT blame somone else. But None just like Carp didnt miss any Sun either.

Game there to win WIN it QB nah put it kn the Kicker so your Church has someone else to blame

Edited by MAJBobby

Yep Bills did score alot of points. Awesome Shady is one hell of a RB.

Too bad they couldnt in OT twice or Sea to end game

We would be in the playoffs.

So end of day means nothing

So would you say that the BIGGER issue on Saturday was the offense (589 yards, 31 points scored and zero turnovers) OR the defense (494 yards and 34 points)? We can do this exercise for the Seattle game too if you'd like...

Really?

What were the outcomes

Game there to win WIN it QB nah put it kn the Kicker so your Church has someone else to blame

So the 589 yards and 31 points were the reason for the loss?

Agreed

I don't know the answer to the defense. I guess that I think that the scheme is just that bad. The more comfortable that they got with it and the better that they understood it, the worse they played. They have some holes on the defense as well (specifically at S). The defense has just been abysmal. There needs to be a lot of changes to the defense and the first step is scrapping that Ryan scheme IMO.The answer is both but lean towards the scheme as the bigger issue.

Rex Ryan is the type of person who works hard to demonstrate how smart he is to others. One of the central problems with his defense was that it was too complex with too many moving parts (player changes). It's freaking football---not nuclear engineering! A system that calls for too much thinking is a system that results in more confusion and less instinctive play.

The added staffing to teach his inscrutable system got to the laughable and absurd level. As an example Dareus is far from being a cerebral person or player. The best approach for him is to have him play a simple game where he just pushes forward. It's just stupid the way he and the defense were handled. Under Rex talent was suppressed instead of expressed because he complicated that which should have been simple.

Although Pettine and Schwartz had different approaches to playing defense both were dramatically more successful than the underachieving Rex. Instead of coaching to the players he had he had the players adjusting to him. Something so basic in management was out of this coach's mental grasp.

Bill Billicheck is a coach who each week changes his game plan on both sides of the ball. But he is able to do it because he has built a collectively intelligent roster capable of handling the mental challenges he demands. That's not the case with our roster. In addition, he is arguably the best coach in the history of the game. That's obviously not the case with our obtuse HC.

I'm aware that this roster has its limitations. But I do believe with the right coach and some smart and reasonably priced roster additions this team can be a playoff team.

And yet if the defense could stop anyone, the MIA game(s) OAK and @ SEA could have been won. What it comes down to is what do you change to get to the playoffs? The Bills are not fans. What will they do? The decision on Tyrod will come down to A. Who is available as an upgrade ( Romo, Cutler perhaps Foles, et al) B who is the Head Coach. If they can't swing a trade , they will pick up the option on TT and prob draft another QB . They will not start a rookie in 2017 except in case of injury. The defense is terrible and got worse with a scheme change. With a couple of upgrades and player changes, this should be an easier fix than finding an elite QB. So my guess is that's what will happen. 70% chance Taylor is the Bills starter in 2017.

So would you say that the BIGGER issue on Saturday was the offense (589 yards, 31 points scored and zero turnovers) OR the defense (494 yards and 34 points)? We can do this exercise for the Seattle game too if you'd like...

So the 589 yards and 31 points were the reason for the loss?

Again i could care less about the Bigger issue.

One ISSUE with this team IS the QB.

So address it, dont extend it.

Heck keep Rex Ryan too lets play the hope game maybe year three the defense takes the next step.

And yet if the defense could stop anyone, the MIA game(s) OAK and @ SEA could have been won. What it comes down to is what do you change to get to the playoffs? The Bills are not fans. What will they do? The decision on Tyrod will come down to A. Who is available as an upgrade ( Romo, Cutler perhaps Foles, et al) B who is the Head Coach. If they can't swing a trade , they will pick up the option on TT and prob draft another QB . They will not start a rookie in 2017 except in case of injury. The defense is terrible and got worse with a scheme change. With a couple of upgrades and player changes, this should be an easier fix than finding an elite QB. So my guess is that's what will happen. 70% chance Taylor is the Bills starter in 2017.

Yeah because an organization that just guaranteed Taylor the next two years is going to keep looking for a QB early in draft. Not gonna happen. History with the Bills prove that

Bills fans LOVE the injury excuse.

Watch game all year and tell me he did not regress from last year to this year.

What so funny about this thread is i asked a very simple (well maybe not) what in the offense changes so bad that is cannot be offset if you move on from Taylor.

With the exception of a couple the COT came running but really do not asnwer my question.

And all that equals out of the playoffs and .500 because with this QB can not score points when it matters to win. Game.

Whats his record when trailing by 4 at any point in a football game?

there is some regression, but it's not uncommon to see that with very good QBs. The two I referenced are Brees and roethlisberger. You're making an assumption that not improving in his second season as a starter means he will not get better and is not worth keeping, that we'd be better off with a"game manager." The majority here disagree. Fortunately the bills, and not you, will evaluate his work to determine if he has a higher ceiling and is the best option going forward for now.

I suppose you will hide behind "but this isn't related to my question."

Really?

What were the outcomes

No missed FG Sunday??

there is some regression, but it's not uncommon to see that with very good QBs. The two I referenced are Brees and roethlisberger. You're making an assumption that not improving in his second season as a starter means he will not get better and is not worth keeping, that we'd be better off with a"game manager." The majority here disagree. Fortunately the bills, and not you, will evaluate his work to determine if he has a higher ceiling and is the best option going forward for now.

I suppose you will hide behind "but this isn't related to my question."

When Insee stat regression fine the SOPH slump.

When i see regression in Mechanics, seeing the field, and not improving really anything in his college scouting report after 6 years in the NFL with very good developmemtal coaching the 1st 4 years the player is ar his ceiling

And that ceiling is not good enough and i dont want to be tied to a player past 2018 that is not good enough. That is why I hate the option.

I dont think i would put the franchise TAG on him his the extension wasnt in place either but i would be more open to that than tieing myself to hope of improvment after 6 years fornthe next two years.

No missed FG Sunday??

I dont know i dont think anyone missed a FG Sunday did Boswell? Dont think Tucker did Edited by MAJBobby