So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

The Broncos won the Superbowl with the 19th ranked scoring offense. With that defense they could do it again with an average QB like Taylor.

Again lets ignore the Bad Tape

Whats the Broncos rushing offense? Remember Bills run first Shady (elite) carry the offense is what helps Taylor be AVG. broncos got that

Lets ignore the fact all teams now have two years of bad (alot) tape on Taylor instead of teo years ago when he was an unknown

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again lets ignore the Bad Tape

Whats the Broncos rushing offense? Remember Bills run first Shady (elite) carry the offense is what helps Taylor be AVG. broncos got that

Lets ignore the fact all teams now have two years of bad (alot) tape on Taylor instead of teo years ago when he was an unknown

You want bad QB tape? How about watching the QBs the Jets, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Bears, Vikings, Rams, and 49ers had playing for them.

Then come back and talk about how bad Tyrod Taylor is.

Edited by 1billsfan

Bills fans LOVE the injury excuse.

Watch game all year and tell me he did not regress from last year to this year.

What so funny about this thread is i asked a very simple (well maybe not) what in the offense changes so bad that is cannot be offset if you move on from Taylor.

With the exception of a couple the COT came running but really do not asnwer my question.

And all that equals out of the playoffs and .500 because with this QB can not score points when it matters to win. Game.

Whats his record when trailing by 4 at any point in a football game?

I was responding to someone saying that their offense was scoring DESPITE their QB. They pointed to the rushing TDs leading the league as evidence. As we've discussed the combination of the parts is responsible for the results. You can't exclude people because you "think" that's what's happening. You are what your record says you are. You don't score "despite" your QB; he plays a role.

The Broncos won the Superbowl with the 19th ranked scoring offense. With that defense they could do it again with an average QB like Taylor.

True. Watching them play the Pats last week, I found myself wondering what's that team would be like with a different QB. They made Brady look like just another guy. 16 points and just one TD for the Pats. Good enough to win the SB again. Taylor has a connection to Kubiak. Look, we are in a different era in the NFL when it comes to paying QBs. Brock freakin' Osweiler, anyone? Taylor at around the 12th lowest paid staring QB is not crazy. If they passes more often he'd have more yardage. He's not a top QB by any stretch, but doesn't turn it over and isn't hot flaming garbage like some of these QBs out there.

Bills fans LOVE the injury excuse.

Watch game all year and tell me he did not regress from last year to this year.

What so funny about this thread is i asked a very simple (well maybe not) what in the offense changes so bad that is cannot be offset if you move on from Taylor.

With the exception of a couple the COT came running but really do not asnwer my question.

And all that equals out of the playoffs and .500 because with this QB can not score points when it matters to win. Game.

Whats his record when trailing by 4 at any point in a football game?

In 6 of their losses, the Bills scored at least 24 points (two of them they scored 31). In those losses, the D gave up an average of 35 points per game.

This is to easy.

You want bad QB tape? How about watching the QBs the Jets, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Bears, Vikings, Rams, and 49ers had playing for them.

Then come back and talk about how bad Tyrod Taylor is.

Ok lets go through them

Browns - set it up that way (not taking TT in offseason already have him on the roster)

Jets - did it themselves like the Bills waited til the need a QB and scrambled. Now have a Young 2nd round pick that will likely be the QB next year (will maybe take TT but will have to completely change their offense which might happen actually with a new coaching staff)

Texans - doubt Taylor goes there either in offseason doesnt fit that offense that relies on timing

Bears - maybe he goes there but i think they are in for a rebuild and will go young and build around he growth of their young Qb

Vikings - wow cool bad tape on a bandaid player because they lost theirnyoung guy a week before the season

Rams - Fisher need i say more

San Fran - now here could be a threat for Taylor in offseason think it fits a Chip Kelly offense. However they will be in a position to get similar style and younger and more upside with Watson in draft.

Awesome so Taylor was better than 6 QBs and a Bandaid.

Get him the gold jacket

I was responding to someone saying that their offense was scoring DESPITE their QB. They pointed to the rushing TDs leading the league as evidence. As we've discussed the combination of the parts is responsible for the results. You can't exclude people because you "think" that's what's happening. You are what your record says you are. You don't score "despite" your QB; he plays a role.

Yeah he does play a roll. He plays a big role on a .500 team in which the offense cannot come from behind and win

If Shady is not going this offense is putrid but lets extend a player that plays that roll.

True. Watching them play the Pats last week, I found myself wondering what's that team would be like with a different QB. They made Brady look like just another guy. 16 points and just one TD for the Pats. Good enough to win the SB again. Taylor has a connection to Kubiak. Look, we are in a different era in the NFL when it comes to paying QBs. Brock freakin' Osweiler, anyone? Taylor at around the 12th lowest paid staring QB is not crazy. If they passes more often he'd have more yardage. He's not a top QB by any stretch, but doesn't turn it over and isn't hot flaming garbage like some of these QBs out there.

He doesnt turn the ball over because he doesnt throw alot, also takes the conservative play majority of the time and a reason this team leads the league in 3 and outs.

Edwards didnt turn the Ball over either was he good enough?

In 6 of their losses, the Bills scored at least 24 points (two of them they scored 31). In those losses, the D gave up an average of 35 points per game.

This is to easy.

It is. MIA why didnt Taylor and this scoring offense score with 2 cracks in OT?

Why didnt Taylor make the clutch throw in Seattle

Man garbage time stats also help scoring too doesnt it?

Easy indeed

Seriously.

What is Bobby even arguing? Let him walk and go with who???? Hoyer?

Fine Watson go with Watson

Or Mahomes now tell me how thats worse than one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL

Yeah he does play a roll. He plays a big role on a .500 team in which the offense cannot come from behind and win

If Shady is not going this offense is putrid but lets extend a player that plays that roll.

They are on the verge of being the 3rd or 4th highest scoring team in franchise history. Trying to point the finger there isn't going to work. 26 PPG isn't the reason that they are going to be .500. Edited by Kirby Jackson

They are on the verge of being the 3rd or 4th highest scoring team in franchise history. Trying to point the finger there isn't going to work. 26 PPG isn't the reason that they are going to be .500.

And on the verge actually nope already did miss the playoffs.

Want to give Taylor a roll in all the scoring cant ignore when he didnt and lost multiple games (MIA and Sea) because of it.

Keep ignoring that.

Keep ignoring watching a football game and When Shady is not rolling this offense is putrid

I mean not asking much if you want to roll Taylor into a reason for the good team stats he has to be rolled into a reason for the bad as well

Edited by MAJBobby

This is to easy.

For what this team was supposed to be if they score 24 they should win.

He doesnt turn the ball over because he doesnt throw alot, also takes the conservative play majority of the time and a reason this team leads the league in 3 and outs.

Edwards didnt turn the Ball over either was he good enough?

It is. MIA why didnt Taylor and this scoring offense score with 2 cracks in OT?

Why didnt Taylor make the clutch throw in Seattle

Man garbage time stats also help scoring too doesnt it?

Easy indeed

Fine Watson go with Watson

Or Mahomes now tell me how thats worse than one of the worst passing offenses in the NFL

How many points were scored in "garbage time"? Be specific now....

And on the verge actually nope already did miss the playoffs.

Want to give Taylor a roll in all the scoring cant ignore when he didnt and lost multiple games (MIA and Sea) because of it.

Keep ignoring that.

Keep ignoring watching a football game and When Shady is not rolling this offense is putrid

The facts are the facts. You are giving opinions. It's a fact that they average 25.9 points a game. The reason that you THINK something happens will never be more accurate than it DID happen. You are saying that you THINK that this or that happened. I am saying that 25.9 PPG DID happen. Facts vs. opinions

This is to easy.

Team records when their defense gives up 21+ points

Bills 2-7

Oak 7-3

Pit 1-6

Mia 6-3

Ind 5-7

Phi 0-9

NE 4-1

GB 4-5

NO 6-6

Hou 3-6

Small sample size but it's a QB heavy scoring league and you need your QB to be able to outscore other QBs more often than not.

Using the Mia game, imagine if TT did that every week? The Bills would win way more than they lose.

How many points were scored in "garbage time"? Be specific now....

8 in MIa is one right off top of my head

Bills 2-7

Oak 7-3

Pit 1-6

Mia 6-3

Ind 5-7

Phi 0-9

NE 4-1

GB 4-5

NO 6-6

Hou 3-6

Small sample size but it's a QB heavy scoring league and you need your QB to be able to outscore other QBs more often than not.

Using the Mia game, imagine if TT did that every week? The Bills would win way more than they lose.

Hey look at that. Playoff teams are in that mix

What is Tyrod Taylors record when down 4 at any point in the game.

Meaning if opposing team scores a TD 1st the game is already over can turn it off

They are on the verge of being the 3rd or 4th highest scoring team in franchise history. Trying to point the finger there isn't going to work. 26 PPG isn't the reason that they are going to be .500.

The next obvious question is does a new coach with a better grasp of defensive concepts in this current era of football make a major difference and a quick turnaround for this team? There is no doubt that the LBing corps has to be upgraded and the safety positions have to be upgraded but that is doable in short order.

I thought we had talent on the line. But they were very frequently gashed. Was it scheme or talent issues or a combination of both? I don't have the answers to all the questions posed but I can say unequivocally that Rex with his archaic philosophy of defense set this franchise back. It was a bad hire and the repercussions were devastating.

The next obvious question is does a new coach with a better grasp of defensive concepts in this current era of football make a major difference and a quick turnaround for this team? There is no doubt that the LBing corps has to be upgraded and the safety positions have to be upgraded but that is doable in short order.

I thought we had talent on the line. But they were very frequently gashed. Was it scheme or talent issues or a combination of both? I don't have the answers to all the questions posed but I can say unequivocally that Rex with his archaic philosophy of defense set this franchise back. It was a bad hire and the repercussions were devastating.

Agreed

I don't know the answer to the defense. I guess that I think that the scheme is just that bad. The more comfortable that they got with it and the better that they understood it, the worse they played. They have some holes on the defense as well (specifically at S). The defense has just been abysmal. There needs to be a lot of changes to the defense and the first step is scrapping that Ryan scheme IMO.The answer is both but lean towards the scheme as the bigger issue.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Bills 2-7

Oak 7-3

Pit 1-6

Mia 6-3

Ind 5-7

Phi 0-9

NE 4-1

GB 4-5

NO 6-6

Hou 3-6

So if TT shows for over 300 yards every game and the offense runs up 600 yards and over 30 point per game, they would win more than they would lose?

This is...amazing!

8 in MIa is one right off top of my head

Hey look at that. Playoff teams are in that mix

What is Tyrod Taylors record when down 4 at any point in the game.

Meaning if opposing team scores a TD 1st the game is already over can turn it off

So.....8 garbage points. Got it.