So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

Tell me more about the Raiders and Steelers games. Fantasy Football is you forgetting Tyrod was MIA when it mattered but it's all good now for some reason.

More of that please, can't wait.

when it mattered like down 25 late in the third and Brees starts dealing? great numbers playing catch up. Put up 24 on Raiders KC held them to 13 and 10 Chargers held raiders to 16 and Tennessee held them to 17. Bills were gonna need 40

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when it mattered like down 25 late in the third and Brees starts dealing? great numbers playing catch up. Put up 24 on Raiders KC held them to 13 and 10 Chargers held raiders to 16 and Tennessee held them to 17. Bills were gonna need 40

24-9 lead and Tyrod looked like Matt Saracen after Street went down

Pitt game he was MIA until it was over in the 4th.

Be accountable. It's not all good, even though you want it to be.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The O is working DESPITE TT. 24th in passing TDs, 1st in rushing TDs.

TT is not a starting QB. I know the 2017 options aren't great, but they're not going to take any significant steps forward with him behind center.

They are 7th in points DESPITE their QB? They are going to finish as the 3rd or 4th highest scoring team in franchise history despite their QB? They have the fewest turnovers in the league despite their QB? Got it

major booby, your big shtick seems to be based on your argument that Taylor has regressed. Let's ignore the fact that the bills had serious injuries at WR. Now, here's one example of several I can provide. QB1 we'll call him, had a rating of 77 his first year with 17 TDs and 16 Ints, then his second year he had a 67.5 rating and 11 TDs with 15 ints. Based on how you analyze qbs, would you recommend dropping this qb and bringing in a game manager like hoyer?

Major booby, here's another example. QB2 we'll call him. Year 2, he had a 99 rating with 17 TDs and 9 ints. In year 3 he "regressed." His rating was 75 and he had 18 TDs with 23 INTs. Would you get rid of him. And bring a game manager like Hoyer?

Bills fans LOVE the injury excuse.

Watch game all year and tell me he did not regress from last year to this year.

What so funny about this thread is i asked a very simple (well maybe not) what in the offense changes so bad that is cannot be offset if you move on from Taylor.

With the exception of a couple the COT came running but really do not asnwer my question.

They are 7th in points DESPITE their QB? They are going to finish as the 3rd or 4th highest scoring team in franchise history despite their QB? They have the fewest turnovers in the league despite their QB? Got it

And all that equals out of the playoffs and .500 because with this QB can not score points when it matters to win. Game.

Whats his record when trailing by 4 at any point in a football game?

Edited by MAJBobby

On this issue of the qb and TT I have gone back and forth. There are games such as the Miami game in which he looks dynamic, extending plays with his feet and making terrific throws. And then there are games in which there are open receivers and he doesn't seem to see them at all. His ability to see the whole field and go through his progressions is a question that I have about him when I watch him play. I'm simply not sure what he is capable of in that area of the game.

When I watch top tier qbs play I frequently see them consistently hitting receivers in stride while TT is more likely to hit the stationary receiver than throw the ball to the open space with an anticipatory throw. In the Miami game he was making exceptional throws all over the place. So I'll happily give credit where it is due. However, the issue for me is was this game more of the exception than the rule?

When evaluating a qb very often it is a mistake to evaluate a qb in a conventional manner when each player brings a different skill set to the position. Without a doubt TT is the best qb the Bills have had in a very long time. Is he the long-term answer at that position? I just don't know.

On this issue of the qb and TT I have gone back and forth. There are games such as the Miami game in which he looks dynamic, extending plays with his feet and making terrific throws. And then there are games in which there are open receivers and he doesn't seem to see them at all. His ability to see the whole field and go through his progressions is a question that I have about him when I watch him play. I'm simply not sure what he is capable of in that area of the game.

When I watch top tier qbs play I frequently see them consistently hitting receivers in stride while TT is more likely to hit the stationary receiver than throw the ball to the open space with an anticipatory throw. In the Miami game he was making exceptional throws all over the place. So I'll happily give credit where it is due. However, the issue for me is was this game more of the exception than the rule?

When evaluating a qb very often it is a mistake to evaluate a qb in a conventional manner when each player brings a different skill set to the position. Without a doubt TT is the best qb the Bills have had in a very long time. Is he the long-term answer at that position? I just don't know.

If he takes what he's learned from this year to elevate his game in year 3 as a starter, I think we'll have our answer.

Of COURSE you evaluate all QBs in what ever a conventional manner is. We can call TT what we want unconventional blah blah.

Want to know what he is a cheaper RG3 who still has his legs. Once they are gone look out

You want that as a long term answer because you wanted to evaluate him differently to minimize his Serious Flaws throwing thr football

Restructure TT's contract and keep him for next year, get another right tackle. The real issue is the defensive coaching staff in addition to needing another safety. I hope AW retires for his own good. It's not worth it anymore.

The Bills will either keep Taylor under the current contract or he will bolt to the Broncos. They wanted him before, they desperately need him now, and Taylor would no doubt like his chances for success much better under the Broncos organization than the Bills organization.

It's a big contract, but the Bills kind of have no choice since Taylor is playing very well now and there are zero options beyond him unless they know Cardale Jones can take this team to the playoffs.

Just fix the defense and the Bills will break the no playoff streak. Taylor's contract won't look so bad when that happens.

If he takes what he's learned from this year to elevate his game in year 3 as a starter, I think we'll have our answer.

And whats thAt the same thing he should have done last year to this year yet he didnt. Now he is gonna? Nope he is at his ceiling

The Bills will either keep Taylor under the current contract or he will bolt to the Broncos. They wanted him before, they desperately need him now, and Taylor would no doubt like his chances for success much better under the Broncos organization than the Bills organization.

It's a big contract, but the Bills kind of have no choice since Taylor is playing very well now and there are zero options beyond him unless they know Cardale Jones can take this team to the playoffs.

Just fix the defense and the Bills will break the no playoff streak. Taylor's contract won't look so bad when that happens.

Then Bronocos have game tape. I find it funny all these people think he is bolting here and there when there is so much tape of his regression and flaws now.

The Paxton Lynch era is over before it started ?

I agree, and I thought the Bills could break the playoff streak last year if a QB on our roster emerged. Tyrod did but I had not a clue our defense would blow and continue to blow as much as it did/has.

By emerged you mean AVG, and by blow as much as did has you mean top 2.

Because with a flawed QB that is what you meed

The Paxton Lynch era is over before it started ?

You didnt know there is alot of starting work for a 28 year old QB that has put up Horrible tape, regressed, entire game built on a perishable skill (legs) Edited by MAJBobby

What?

Had the Bills defense been as good or close to as good as it was in 2014 they would've been a playoff team easy last season.

Again thats a top 4 defense.

You know everything has to be good when you are fielding a Below AVG to AVG QB

That team can't wait two more years for Lynch to develop. If they get the opportunity to sign Taylor they will take it.

No way, no how. TT won't be nearly as effective in Denver as in Buffalo because Denvers rush offense is 27th whereas Buffalos is 1st by a lot.

Nobody signs this guy as their starter, nobody. As others have said "he is the perfect for what Buffalo wants" guess what, nobody else does what Buffalo does on offense scheme wise.

The offense as a whole isn't below average or average.

It's a top unit in the NFL. You keep ignoring this.

Because the QB hurts this team why you keep ignoring that?

That team can't wait two more years for Lynch to develop. If they get the opportunity to sign Taylor they will take it.

Doubt it but ok.

Bills system is perfect for Tyrod and that fit like a glove system makes him AVG at best. How many teams signing that?

Edited by MAJBobby

Bills system is perfect for Tyrod and that fit like a glove system makes him AVG at best. How many teams signing that?

The Broncos won the Superbowl with the 19th ranked scoring offense. With that defense they could do it again with an average QB like Taylor.