So here is my question (Offense and Taylor)

MAJBobby

So-so offenses don't score 26 points a game(7th in the NFL), have one of the best red Zone percentages in the NFL, and have the 3rd most offensive TDs in the NFL(more than New England)...we think nothing we do is good enough but look around the NFL and see how many teams are far worse...did you watch that snoozefest between Cincy and Houston last night??

When you set a franchise record and lead the NFL with 6 losses when scoring 24 or more points it sticks out like a sore thumb what the problem is

I called it a "so-so" offense largely because it appears that many posters believe that it is. Was pointing out that this offense, even if mediocre (which it is not) is not the problem, and thus neither is Tyrod. Instead of this constant harping on him and his shortcomings, vitriol should really be reserved for Rex and the defense. That's where all the focus should be.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those that says you absolutely have to pick of the option. Hypothetically they dont.

What changes on the Offense? What do you lose? What is it that this offense cannot be without?

Now is that worth a 16M cap hit and essentially being married to TT at min til the end of 2018?

yes its worth it, tightwad is using the middle now, he will be much better going foward.

Yeah league worst passing attack in a passing NFL is totally acceptable

I don't blame TT for that stat, I blame the OL giving no protection and no WR's for him to throw to. Plus if your at the top of the NFL in the running game, that means your calling a lot of running plays and not throwing the ball as much. Is it possible to be #1 in the running game and #1 in passing stats at the same time?

yes its worth it, tightwad is using the middle now, he will be much better going foward.

Sure he will once option picked up (like extension) watch regression happen again

I don't blame TT for that stat, I blame the OL giving no protection and no WR's for him to throw to. Plus if your at the top of the NFL in the running game, that means your calling a lot of running plays and not throwing the ball as much. Is it possible to be #1 in the running game and #1 in passing stats at the same time?

Of course you do. COT logic the league worst passing attack is NOT because if the QB.

Passing stats are nice I suppose. But the stat that is most important is Points Scored. And the team that scores the most gets the win. Imagine that. The Bills O has proven it is more than capable of putting up points, enough to win the majority of games if only the D was even middle of the pack. So the D is the problem and your only solution - endlessly reiterated - is "get rid of the QB." Brilliant.

No but the 5th most points scored IS

Yeah how many attributed to Tyrod.

Again Good thing we have Shady and Mike like we had Shady and Karlos last year

Go into the QBR thread look at the weeks see how many weeks TT expected point contribution was negative

Edited by MAJBobby

So-so offenses don't score 26 points a game(7th in the NFL), have one of the best red Zone percentages in the NFL, and have the 3rd most offensive TDs in the NFL(more than New England)...we think nothing we do is good enough but look around the NFL and see how many teams are far worse...did you watch that snoozefest between Cincy and Houston last night??

When you set a franchise record and lead the NFL with 6 losses when scoring 24 or more points it sticks out like a sore thumb what the problem is

100%

100%

Taylors EPA total points contributed this year as calculated by ESPN is 31.2

Last year 30.6

So if TT walks you lose about 30 points a year. So can i offset enough elswhere maybe not the full 30 but lets see what Wentz was and use him. I get 7.2 expected points back if my QB can at least perform to Wentz level.

But maybe that Rookie hits like Dak right away and i get an increase to 56.8.

There i tried to quantify the points thing with the ESPN calculation

Edited by MAJBobby

MAJ, you really think TT's play is based on money and contract? Don't see that from him at all. Gilmore maybe but not the character of TT. The kid is all heart and plays to win.

I dont get that vibe off him. However extension happened he regressed. Now late in season and he has been under fire, now we see him using the middle of the field findinf clay etc etc.

A coincidence to me that he felt secure with the extension and then recently while under fire maybe realized he is not as sexure as he thought.

Sorry i have seen this show to many times over past 17 years and am very skeptical

Edited by MAJBobby

Yeah how many attributed to Tyrod.

Again Good thing we have Shady and Mike like we had Shady and Karlos last year

Go into the QBR thread look at the weeks see how many weeks TT expected point contribution was negative

Is he the qb of the team running things or isnt he?

How do you know that his particular skillset is not helping in the offense that is run even if he isnt the one scoring the points\

You dont

Is he the qb of the team running things or isnt he?

How do you know that his particular skillset is not helping in the offense that is run even if he isnt the one scoring the points\

You dont

But i did around 30 points a year as per advanced stats from ESPN Edited by MAJBobby

I dont get that vibe off him. However extension happened he regressed. Now late in season and he has been under fire, now we see him using the middle of the field findinf clay etc etc.

A coincidence to me that he felt secure with the extension and then recently while under fire maybe realized he is not as sexure as he thought.

Sorry i have seen this show to many times over past 17 years and am very skeptical

I have no idea why the last 2 games have been a big pick up in over the middle........

It might also be scheme and coaching

What I do know is that the overall O is 5th in scoring offense over the course of the season

I have no idea why the last 2 games have been a big pick up in over the middle........

It might also be scheme and coaching

What I do know is that the overall O is 5th in scoring offense over the course of the season

Yep and TT play equates to a little over 31 points over the course of the year. Or about 10%

If i use their Clutch Points Total of 72. Means Taylor is responsible directly for about 18.7% of Bills points.

Wentz a bad Rookie year is responsible for 57.5 total EPA. So switching TT out with a Rookie that performs LIKE Wentz has has me lose 14.5 points or around 3% of their scoring over the course of a year.

Hmmm notice this stopped the point clamoring

Edited by MAJBobby

Sarcasm? Or is it wise? Contrarians sometimes have great advantages - like no one is geared to stop the run. OK, half kiddding, I wish we had a more potent passing game, but there is some truth here.

Taylors EPA total points contributed this year as calculated by ESPN is 31.2

Last year 30.6

So if TT walks you lose about 30 points a year. So can i offset enough elswhere maybe not the full 30 but lets see what Wentz was and use him. I get 7.2 expected points back if my QB can at least perform to Wentz level.

But maybe that Rookie hits like Dak right away and i get an increase to 56.8.

There i tried to quantify the points thing with the ESPN calculation

Wait so now you like advanced stats? When someone mentions TT's QBR people's heads explode saying that QBR is a fake stat.

How about this: TT's total EPA ranks 13th in the NFL and is higher than

Eli

Big ben

Mariota

Flacco

Carson Palmer

Wentz

Dalton

Cam Newton

Alex Smith

Bradford

And countless other QB

And oh yeh its 0.1 pts lower than your boy Carr.

Youre chasing ghosts man and making urself look silly in the process.

TT ranks 10th in the NFL in pts added with 31.2

Wait so now you like advanced stats? When someone mentions TT's QBR people's heads explode saying that QBR is a fake stat.

How about this: TT's total EPA ranks 13th in the NFL and is higher than

Eli

Big ben

Mariota

Flacco

Carson Palmer

Wentz

Dalton

Cam Newton

Alex Smith

Bradford

And countless other QB

And oh yeh its 0.1 pts lower than your boy Carr.

Youre chasing ghosts man and making urself look silly in the process. TT ranks 10th in the NFL in pts added with 31.2

Yet he looked like the qb's on last chance U when we got pantsed by Oakland and Pitt.

Who cares. He only beats sub .500 teams.

Let's move on to a real qb.

I don't love TT but I love TT vs. 2017 QB options. I'm willing to be married to him for the next 2 years (which is basically what you are doing). The offense is working at the moment. They score points.

Not to change the subject but the defense is a much bigger concern. Brown, Gilmore and Alexander are free agents. Aaron Williams may never play again. Kyle Williams and Corey Graham may have to take pay cuts. On top of all that the defense is regressing. I'm much more concerned with "how do we solve that peoblem" than anything else. I don't even have suggestions.

The O is working DESPITE TT. 24th in passing TDs, 1st in rushing TDs.

TT is not a starting QB. I know the 2017 options aren't great, but they're not going to take any significant steps forward with him behind center.