Bills vs. Dolphins Postgame

26CornerBlitz

This is not fine

SAFETY COREY GRAHAM
"I mean, we came in knowing that they were going to run the ball and we got eight, nine guys in the box sometimes – and we still couldn’t stop the run. I don’t know what to tell you guys."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not fine

SAFETY COREY GRAHAM
"I mean, we came in knowing that they were going to run the ball and we got eight, nine guys in the box sometimes – and we still couldn’t stop the run. I don’t know what to tell you guys."

Says that the players are soft, and the scheme terrible.

Special teams lost the game.

Special teams were awful. The poor kickoffs and kick coverage and kick returns and the missed kicks were obvious and have been a problem much of the season.

Unnoticed by nearly everyone else was Brandon Tate waiting in the end zone as the Dolphins kickoff to open OT skated lazily along the sidelines and finally hit the pylon.

This is a veteran All Pro return man but doesn't know that you can simply touch the ball with one foot out of bounds and get the ball at the 40!

Your coaching staff needs to be reminding players about rules like this. 15 yards at that juncture is huge and if you go three and out there you still should be able to pin the Fish back.

You have the largest coaching staff in the league......no excuse for a slow motion play like that transpiring at such a critical juncture.

Special teams were awful. The poor kickoffs and kick coverage and kick returns and the missed kicks were obvious and have been a problem much of the season.

Unnoticed by nearly everyone else was Brandon Tate waiting in the end zone as the Dolphins kickoff to open OT skated lazily along the sidelines and finally hit the pylon.

This is a veteran All Pro return man but doesn't know that you can simply touch the ball with one foot out of bounds and get the ball at the 40!

Your coaching staff needs to be reminding players about rules like this. 15 yards at that juncture is huge and if you go three and out there you still should be able to pin the Fish back.

You have the largest coaching staff in the league......no excuse for a slow motion play like that transpiring at such a critical juncture.

I don't want to go off on a whole tangent here, but in today's NFL, specials is one area where you can gain a cheap advantage EASILY, and it could be the difference in winning 3-5 more games. If I were running an NFL team I'd pour resources into specials - hire the best coaches, force your head coach to allocate lots of practice time to it, fill the bottom of my roster with great ST players, and spend an extra $2-$3M/year on the best field goal kicker in the league (a fraction of the difference between worst and best QB, for example).

This is not fine

SAFETY COREY GRAHAM

That's a good point but knowing that officiating crew they would have called it Bills at the 1 yard line.

@StillTalkinTV

Bills-Miami game gets season-low rating: https://t.co/2De396ZAO0

I was expecting it to cite a national low rating which is obvious. But a local record low rating is surprising. Maybe 17 years is long enough to turn people off. My kids for example have never seen a Bills playoff game in their entire lives. They still watch and hope, but why would anyone under 20 expect anything from that team.

Common man, ya expect them to lose in perpetuity? They've got to break through some time... don't they? :unsure:

Had they beaten Miami, there would have been one more week for the faithful to cross their fingers, toes, and eyes hoping for a playoff game.