12-23: Doug Whaley on WGR

26CornerBlitz

If Elliott and Prescott didn't do so well I'd imagine that Whaley could have earned the NFL Executive of the Year with way he was able to bring in a Pro Bowler in Lorax this offseason as well as alternates Zach Brown and Brandon Tate in free agency.

How's that kool aid?

Jesus.....executive of the year?!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For about the 20th time in the last two weeks, you once again have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

By making up stuff up and presenting it as fact you are accomplishing nothing but embarrassing yourself in front of people who know better.

But please continue in the same manner because it makes it so much easier for other people to decide who to put on their ignore list. :thumbsup:

Huh?

I fall on the sword. Whaley was a big part of the Hughes trade as he was in picking EJ and the 2013 draft.

Get better aim; you are not doing it right.

All good moves by Whaley were not his. All bad moves by Whaley were his own awful mistakes. Hope this helps. - Tim

So now we know another alias for Tim on TSW.

How's that kool aid?

Jesus.....executive of the year?!

No kidden right. Just off the top of my head how about Altantas draft. Both their leading tacklers are rookies, one of them is a linebacker with two touchdowns on 3 interceptions. That's more touchdowns than Watkins and Gilmore has never had more than 3 picks until this year. That's an impact player.

No kidden right. Just off the top of my head how about Altantas draft. Both their leading tacklers are rookies, one of them is a linebacker with two touchdowns on 3 interceptions. That's more touchdowns than Watkins and Gilmore has never had more than 3 picks until this year. That's an impact player.

Atlanta

Oakland - IMO, McKenzie should run away with this award. There's a real leader of an organization.

Dallas

Kansas City

New York Giants

Tennessee

Miami

Tampa bay

Detroit

All way more deserving.

The job McKenzie has done in Oakland is incredible. Took over an old, disorganized, unstable organization that was making desperate moves and trades to save their own jobs and peaked at 8-8 (Boy! That sounds familiar!). He came in with a plan and is executing it. And it's not just getting Carr. Getting Carr just sped up the process.

The Raiders were old, expensive, and were peaking as a team as a bubble playoff team. Again, sounds very familiar. But they completely stripped down their front office after Al Davis died and turned their team around.

The Bills and the Raiders were the two most dysfunctional organizations in football for years. Now the Bills hold that title all to themselves and until our owners decide to overhaul the football department it will continue to be our title.

GMTM (Tim Murray of the Sabres if not a fan) is also awkward with the media. Either way I take more credit on what they do in terms of talent on the field/ice and I for one feel Whaley's been a good GM. I'd give him an overall grade of B- since he's come here.

I've heard plenty of interviews with both Whaley and GMTM. Huge difference. Murray is VERY candid and honest with this thoughts and responses. You rarely have to drag anything out of him or wonder what he really means. Whaley on the other hand is so blatantly deceitful or at best has no desire to honestly answer a question. He always sits squarely on the fence. Can't commit to an answer. He reminds me and sounds exactly like a used car salesman.

Actually he is one of the smartest, most honest and hardest working men you'd ever have the pleasure to meet; a total class act who earns the ungrudging respect of everybody who gets to know him.

Whaley is a nice guy and I have no doubt he works hard......... but IMO he is simply as average as it gets as a GM.

You can do a lot better and a lot worse.

You call him one of the smartest men you'd ever meet and that is where I think you go wrong about Whaley.

He's looked like JAG in the smarts department.

He's had well above average assets to work with in his term.......early to mid draft picks.......lot's of cash and cap room.

And he's just not produced results commensurate to the chips he's had to work with/spent.

It's not been easy for him drafting for Rex......I will give him that.........but then again.......if Rex doesn't bring Tyrod then Whaley may already have been fired.

Edited by #BADOL

I have a question about Doug has the 53 and Rex has the 46. Is it safe to assume, that Rex and Doug work together to acquire players that fit the offensive and defensive schemes of the coaches? I'd rather not think that Doug just says..."Hey I've always liked this guy and I'm going to sign him".

Yes, it's safe to assume that. You can see a shift in the players acquired under Marrone vs acquired under Rex as HC

That's one reason why the Bills may carry fewer draft choices on the roster and need to fill in more in FA. Every GM worth his salt takes the style of player a coach needs into consideration when building his board, at least to some extent and in the later rounds. So change the coach, and you change the draft board. Coaching/scheme continuity are a big help to building talent.

12-23: DOUG WHALEY ON WGR (16:06)

@SalSports

That did not sound like the most ringing endorsement of Rex Ryan by Doug Whaley, by the way. In fact, there was no endorsement at all.

Best thing I heard all day.

"Bills GM Doug Whaley tells @WGR550 re: Rex: "Let's put it this way, none of us knows our future."

If we're going to dream - Bill Cowher HC, Chan Gailey OC, & Jim Schwartz DC. QB - ????

Go Bills!!!!!

I think Tyrod could win enough for a playoff berth with that coaching staff in place. Maybe even AFC East cuz I think we can split with the Patriots with TT and that staff (Shwartz D).

While we keep looking for our Super Bowl QB.

Atlanta

Oakland - IMO, McKenzie should run away with this award. There's a real leader of an organization.

Dallas

Kansas City

New York Giants

Tennessee

Miami

Tampa bay

Detroit

All way more deserving.

The job McKenzie has done in Oakland is incredible. Took over an old, disorganized, unstable organization that was making desperate moves and trades to save their own jobs and peaked at 8-8 (Boy! That sounds familiar!). He came in with a plan and is executing it. And it's not just getting Carr. Getting Carr just sped up the process.

The Raiders were old, expensive, and were peaking as a team as a bubble playoff team. Again, sounds very familiar. But they completely stripped down their front office after Al Davis died and turned their team around.

The Bills and the Raiders were the two most dysfunctional organizations in football for years. Now the Bills hold that title all to themselves and until our owners decide to overhaul the football department it will continue to be our title.

No doubt McKensie has done a great job, but there were a ton of Oakland fans ready to get rid of him after going 4-12, 4-12, and 3-13 his first three seasons at the helm. Honestly now, would you have cut him the same slack here? Whaley posted a far superior record over his first three years and we are ready to tar and feather him and run him out of town on a rail.

If we're going to dream - Bill Cowher HC, Chan Gailey OC, & Jim Schwartz DC. QB - ????

Go Bills!!!!!

Wtf...

If so, it certainly has not been a wonderful message to send the players these past few weeks.

. . . and, sadly, those that are leading the crusade against Rex are likely to be rooting for Miami and the Jets . . . .

Why does it matter? Rooting for a team has no outcome of what will actually happen.

Wtf...

Why does it matter? Rooting for a team has no outcome of what will actually happen.

Indeed. The point is that many of the crusaders will be hoping that the Dolphins or Jets win so that that they can use that against Rex. They do not want the Bills to have a 9-7 or 8-8 record because that mitigates their crusade.