Trump foreign policy

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How do you square that? 

It's equal threat that the DPRK is no longer testing missiles, provoking their southern neighbors, taking hostages, and flinging missiles at Japan? 

How do you get there? 

Isn't it possible you're being blinded by your (perfectly fine opinion to hold) anti-Trump stance?

That thread had the stuff you're looking for. The search function on this site is darn near unusable for me -- but knowing the thread helps. I was just trying to help you out :beer: 

NK has all the same capabilities that it had 12 months ago.. nothing has changed. No tests means they may not have advanced their capabilities, but they certainly have taken no measures to disarm or scale back their capabilities either. I think Trump should do all he can do, but like other administrations he needs to know this has been the NK game plan for 30 years. 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I remember a general consensus from anyone not a flaming liberal that it was a good thing, but wasn't anything remotely similar to a sure thing. Sorta like it was a start, but I'll believe it when I see it. In other words, encouraged but skeptical.

I may be remembering wrong, ( but I doubt it?) but the majority of people in that thread all but beatified Trump for ending the NK nuclear threat. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

NK has all the same capabilities that it had 12 months ago.. nothing has changed. No tests means they may not have advanced their capabilities, but they certainly have taken no measures to disarm or scale back their capabilities either. I think Trump should do all he can do, but like other administrations he needs to know this has been the NK game plan for 30 years. 

I may be remembering wrong, ( but I doubt it?) but the majority of people in that thread all but beatified Trump for ending the NK nuclear threat. 

At best it was cautious optimism. I do remember DR talking about the CIA being involved with the inner workings of NK, but I took that as the rantings of a mentally ill conspiracy theorist who just happened to get lucky with his Deep State prognostications.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

NK has all the same capabilities that it had 12 months ago.. nothing has changed.

Lots has changed, primarily the amount of sanctions they're under (and remain under even while this happened today). They have less oil (makes it harder to maintain weapons of war), less access to cash (making it harder to support/fund their cyber ops and terrorist cut outs). They've been brought to their knees while still praising Trump

That's a neat trick. 

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

No tests means they may not have advanced their capabilities, but they certainly have taken no measures to disarm or scale back their capabilities either. I think Trump should do all he can do, but like other administrations he needs to know this has been the NK game plan for 30 years. 

And he has. They stopped testing before they reached the technical ability to have nukes that could hit anything worth a damn, other than Japan and Seoul. 

Does that mean the nukes are gone? Nope. No one said that. But that's coming post China/US trade deal.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And, BTW, if Trump was so great he could get the trains to run on time! My lord is Amtrak the worst on time performance of any travel option ?

You pansy, liberal do gooding, Green Peace, Global Warming, Climate Changing environmentalists need to understand that is Trump's way of reducing carbon emissions. You guys can't even sacrifice a little bit of your time to save the world?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Would you feel better about Trump's diplomatic efforts if it involved pallets of unmarked foreign currency?

Only if Trump secretly orders a suspension of currency trading prohibitions to allow Kim to use the US banking system to convert those pallets of unmarked cash into usable currency.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I will never understand why Trump and Trump policy's cannot stand on their own merit...

Because certain types of people crap all over everything he does, whilst ignoring the previous administration's utter failures, perhaps? just throwing that out there, because certainly those people aren't disingenuous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And, BTW, if Trump was so great he could get the trains to run on time! My lord is Amtrak the worst on time performance of any travel option ?

C'mon man, he's only human. He's still working on the wholesale slaughter of children interned in concentration camps.

Rome wasn't built in a day!

47 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Because certain types of people crap all over everything he does, whilst ignoring the previous administration's utter failures, perhaps? just throwing that out there, because certainly those people aren't disingenuous.

..DEAD ON assessment......he was well hated long before any idea of running for President....bold, brash, obnoxious, "rough around the edges", cantankerous, rich and any other derogative adjective you want to use....I personally could not stand him...yet he turns out to be the perfect bitter pill to turn the staid, woefully corrupt "good 'ol boyz political fraternity" on its head.....the corruption exposure is worth its weight in gold....our once thought to be "model political system" and greatest democracy in the world" has been woefully exposed....and now the political "candidates(COUGH)" on the Dem side are willing to ***** themselves with every free giveaway just to buy votes, not giving a rat's azz about cost....I'm modestly successful and if I told you what I pay (extortion) now in taxes, I assure cardiac arrest.....

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was reacting to the post of "Peacemaker in Chief"...do you really believe the threat of the NK nuke progrtam has been reduced by a significant amount?

I will never understand why Trump and Trump policy's cannot stand on their own merit...

If you are expecting a small country to abandon its means of protection however primitive as it may be at this point. Diplomacy on a more personal level is the best course of action in my humble opinion.

Myself personally, it took big balls to walk into NK, alone and completely at the mercy of Kim.

MERCY!

History in the makings...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KRC said:

Oh, great. He smirked. That's it. Nuclear war is next.

An assault smirk if I ever saw one.

Were there any stolen valor Indians standing there?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1