Trump foreign policy

On 12/2/2018 at 1:27 AM, Golden Goat said:

Unseasonably balmy in Paris this December. Global warming?

fire.jpg

Some of these images are just incredible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6449407/Fresh-violence-Paris-riot-police-use-tear-gas-batons.html

Gas taxes! Yup, nothing will get done about global warming at all. It will just run its course and Canada will probably get more people

MAYBE THEY COULD TRY LOOSENING ECONOMIC CONTROLS AND GIVING PEOPLE LESS TO PROTEST: :lol:

France considers ‘all options’ to quell violent protests................Nah:

Justice Minister Nicole Belloubet told reporters at a Sunday press conference those involved in Saturday’s protests would face “a very firm response from the criminal justice system.” Some will be brought up for trial as soon as Monday, according to the minister.

Asked about the possibility of a state of emergency, Belloubet said, “I am not sure we have reached that stage quite yet. I think there are other options.”

French President Emmanuel Macron held an emergency meeting with top officials on Sunday just hours after returning from the G20 summit in Argentina. In a statement, Macron paid tribute to law enforcement and rescue teams who “showed unrelenting bravery throughout the day and evening.”

Macron also “stressed the importance of judicial follow-up so that none of the acts committed remains unpunished,” the statement added.

Tensions rising

Rising fuel prices are largely attributed to a leap in the wholesale price of oil worldwide.

Um…

(there's an excess supply............it's the taxes, Shhhhhhh! )

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not sure where to put this one... it is an explanation of what is going on in France (thread)

They make the mistake to say there is no organization. There are factions in this that are doing a masterful job steering the political interest.  And, yes, I said that right. Through optics they're creating chaos and discord to disrupt the message of the protests and drown out their voice. What we are seeing in this country is an outside view.  I'd be very interested to view the interior reports of the epidemic.

But, lest anyone believe there is a flash mob type protest going on than I have to call *****. There is organization. There is always.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

They make the mistake to say there is no organization. There are factions in this that are doing a masterful job steering the political interest.  And, yes, I said that right. Through optics they're creating chaos and discord to disrupt the message of the protests and drown out their voice. What we are seeing in this country is an outside view.  I'd be very interested to view the interior reports of the epidemic.

But, lest anyone believe there is a flash mob type protest going on than I have to call *****. There is organization. There is always.

I think she was saying that the original yellow vest people had no leader or organization beyond... 'let's march in protest'. The infiltrating factions have organization and are co-opting the protest (ask yourself why). You didn't hear much about this until the fires and rioting started, did you?

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

If he worldwide wholesale price of oil took s leap, how come it dropped 15 cents at the pump here in Buffalo recently?

Although this was rhetorical: 

(because the corporate media en mass is lying about this story... which should be educational to whatever skeptics remain about the corporate media's duplicity)

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Although this was rhetorical: 

(because the corporate media en mass is lying about this story... which should be educational to whatever skeptics remain about the corporate media's duplicity)

Local factors in transportation and availability impact pricing in the short-term more than swings in oil prices, though.

But in this case, you are right.

5 minutes ago, GG said:

How does this square with Russian collusion? 

Is the thinking that Putin wants to increase his nuclear arsenal, so he got Trump to revoke all nuclear agreements and Putin can begin to rearm?

If that's not the spin now, give it ten minutes and it will be. :beer:

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Everyone acting like this is the onset of wwwiii

It's not.