Trump foreign policy

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What the French have become. SMH

French culture is truly magnificent. The contribution of France to western art and thought is undeniable. I particularly appreciate poets and novelists like Peguy and Bernanos. The scene in Casablanca at Rick's where the patrons shout down the Nazis with a rousing rendition of La Marseillaise is a perfect example of national feeling trumping fascist intentions (yes, pun intended). Unfortunately, for modern France, ingratitude and arrogance is also a French tradition.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

French culture is truly magnificent. The contribution of France to western art and thought is undeniable. I particularly appreciate poets and novelists like Peguy and Bernanos. The scene in Casablanca at Rick's where the patrons shout down the Nazis with a rousing rendition of La Marseillaise is a perfect example of national feeling trumping fascist intentions (yes, pun intended). Unfortunately, for modern France, ingratitude and arrogance is also a French tradition.

My MIL and BIL were French (as in French citizens before becoming American citizens, they have both now passed away). Hubby always thought the  French would do better in the middle east because of what went down with Algiers and the French Foreign Legion.  To say my husband has been disappointed in the French government the last 10 years is a gross understatement.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There's no doubt that there are many French contributions to the world, mainly in the arts and that they deserve to feel nationalistic. It's a shame though that they never quite mastered the art of soldiering. Otherwise they wouldn't have to look to us as their Daddy, while still simultaneously showing the appreciation of a 14-year old girl.

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

There's no doubt that there are many French contributions to the world, mainly in the arts and that they deserve to feel nationalistic. It's a shame though that they never quite mastered the art of soldiering. Otherwise they wouldn't have to look to us as their Daddy, while still simultaneously showing the appreciation of a 14-year old girl.

They are easy whipping boys, but much of it is deserved.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What the French have become. SMH

The French have always been that.

Side note: most people don't realize that France, not Prussia/Germany, was considered the destabilizing force on the European continent for hundreds of years, at least as far back as the Sun King.  That attitude only changed around 1875-1900. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/11/12/newly-revealed-north-korean-missile-bases-cast-doubt-value-trumps-summit-with-kim-jong-un/?utm_term=.01807c849f0b

This is getting back to what we said at the time of the summit..there was no deal in place and continues to be no deal in place.

The report is the latest evidence that while North Korea has indeed stopped its missile testing, it is far from dismantling its weapons facilities. Indeed, it appears to be adding to its stockpile: U.S. intelligence reports from the summer found that North Korea had begun producing new missiles at a factory, and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo acknowledged during Senate testimony that Pyongyang “continues to produce fissile material.”

these developments violate U.N. Security Council resolutions, they do not breach Kim’s agreement with Trump. “North Korea didn’t break any promises with Trump because there’s no nuclear deal in place yet with Washington,” she said.

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/11/12/newly-revealed-north-korean-missile-bases-cast-doubt-value-trumps-summit-with-kim-jong-un/?utm_term=.01807c849f0b

This is getting back to what we said at the time of the summit..there was no deal in place and continues to be no deal in place.

WaPo/CIA source citing unverified images. 

aka: likelihood of fake news is HIGH. 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

WaPo/CIA source citing unverified images. 

aka: likelihood of fake news is HIGH. 

Is there any source of "real news"?

Thos about the think tank..I highly doubt they are crafting fake news ..and to what gain? 

In the University of Pennsylvania's 2013 Global Go To Think Tanks Report, CSIS is ranked the number one think tank in the world for "Top Defense and National Security Think Tanks 

We have all known since the summit nothing was agreed to there..the North Koreans have strung along other administrations as well, and it appears they are doing so again. I am not even knocking Trump on this, outside of his idiotic"North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat" quote..just sharing news. I trust Pompeo to run this process like a pro..i just hope Trump stays out of it.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I love how progressives now LOVE the CIA.

I'm sure the summer-of-lovers are turning in their graves.

Do you really  just believe the North Koreans have gone nuclear-free cause Trump declared the threat over? 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Is there any source of "real news"?

Thos about the think tank..I highly doubt they are crafting fake news ..and to what gain? 

In the University of Pennsylvania's 2013 Global Go To Think Tanks Report, CSIS is ranked the number one think tank in the world for "Top Defense and National Security Think Tanks 

We have all known since the summit nothing was agreed to there..the North Koreans have strung along other administrations as well, and it appears they are doing so again. I am not even knocking Trump on this, outside of his idiotic"North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat" quote..just sharing news. I trust Pompeo to run this process like a pro..i just hope Trump stays out of it.

There are plenty of sources of real news. But as I've been saying for two years now, you have to go by the individual article, reporter, and subject rather than blindly trusting an organization. WaPo is a CIA asset. This isn't even hidden, it's boasted about. They've long been the preferred outlet (even before Bezos) for the Agency. That's not conspiracy, it's fact. 

And the WaPo has a lot to lose by the DPRK situation being solved. Hence the high degree of suspicion. They've been wrong on every other "the deal is off!" story they've run on this subject. This one will likely turn out to be the same.