Trump foreign policy

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

For most here, his only real saving graces are "He's not Hillary" and "He !@#$s with the media."

And he sat Gorsuch. With a Hillary presidency, the Scalia seat becomes another RGB or maybe another 'wise Latina."

The man is crass and rude and sometimes completely unhinged, but he freaking sat Gorsuch.  I sometimes think losing that seat is mostly what has the left STILL pissing themselves two years later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

And he sat Gorsuch. With a Hillary presidency, the Scalia seat becomes another RGB or maybe another 'wise Latina."

The man is crass and rude and sometimes completely unhinged, but he freaking sat Gorsuch.  I sometimes think losing that seat is mostly what has the left STILL pissing themselves two years later.

But that seat had been conservative for some time. Gorsuch only replaced another conservative so the court stood 4-4 with Kennedy a "who knows?". Replacing Kennedy with a 53 year old solid conservative changes the court to solid 5-4 conservative. The left hasn't been able to win much legislatively for some time. The courts have been their only recourse. This is a life or death battle for them and they are acting like it.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

But that seat had been conservative for some time. Gorsuch only replaced another conservative so the court stood 4-4 with Kennedy a "who knows?". Replacing Kennedy with a 53 year old solid conservative changes the court to solid 5-4 conservative. The left hasn't been able to win much legislatively for some time. The courts have been their only recourse. This is a life or death battle for them and they are acting like it.

Yes, but now pretend the Scalia seat is open and Hillary is elected president over Trump. What happens to a seat that has been conservative for some time?

Which is my point. Not a Trump fan by any stretch. But grateful he got to choose Scalia's successor, not Lady Maopants.

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Yes, but now pretend the Scalia seat is open and Hillary is elected president over Trump. What happens to a seat that has been conservative for some time?

Which is my point. Not a Trump fan by any stretch. But grateful he got to choose Scalia's successor, not Lady Maopants.

Without a doubt Trump became president due to SCOTUS. I convinced two female members (mother/sister) of my family to vote for him on that basis only. They couldn't stand him personally but couldn't fathom a Hillary choice or two. I didn't believe his campaign rhetoric but he's taken steps to fulfill every one of his promises. He's accomplished more in his first couple of months than Obama did in 8 years.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

So, how are you Trump folks spinning the whole 'Trump is the laughing stock of the UN" thing because EVERYBODY there was mocking him yesterday. 

Another example of a moron not actually watching his speech, but instead relying on an openly hostile media, spreading a false narrative, to tell you what to think.

The President was not laughed at by the UN.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Another example of a moron not actually watching his speech, but instead relying on an openly hostile media, spreading a false narrative, to tell you what to think.

The President was not laughed at by the UN.

Yeah, the emperor is totally not naked. Sure! He's dressed in the finest threads, everybody says so. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-meant-laughed-world-165625906.html

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Yeah, the emperor is totally not naked. Sure! He's dressed in the finest threads, everybody says so. 

This is so !@#$ing ironic that it hurts.

That's what you're doing.

You're listening to what others have to say, indulging a fantasy, rather than actually watching the event for yourself.

You're trusting that the emperor is clothed in finery, because that's what the royal court is telling you; never stopping to question, and examine the primary evidence for yourself.

You're nothing beyond a useful idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Someone said, "Fake News" to which he responded, "So true." And there was some laughter,"Didn't expect that reaction - but it's okay." That was followed by some more laughter and applause.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nanker said:

Someone said, "Fake News" to which he responded, "So true." And there was some laughter,"Didn't expect that reaction - but it's okay." That was followed by some more laughter and applause.

They think we're stupid. 

In the case of some, they're right - as evidence for how hard they keep falling for the same con. 

57 minutes ago, Nanker said:

So it's your opinion that the audience was laughing at Trump's witty comeback?

The cult of Trump is strong!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

So it's your opinion that the audience was laughing at Trump's witty comeback?

The cult of Trump is strong!

It's not an opinion.  It's a factual representation of the events in question, recounted to you by individuals who actually watched the speech themselves, as opposed to someone like yourself who is proud to have others, who are lying to advance an agenda, tell him what to think.

And again, were you to watch the full speech, which you won't because you're enamored with your own willful ignorance, you'd know.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not an opinion. It's the reality you can see for yourself if you watch the full speech. 

The cult of TDS is strong. 

Yeah, I watched, and I agree with this:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emilytamkin/diplomats-un-laughed-donald-trump

See, when he says 'my administration has done more in two years than' everybody in the room was like 'oh my god, is he really about to suggest his presidency has been a historic success' and then Trump said as much. So, at that point everybody had dropped jaws from Trump's tall tale, he was then heckled, and then people laughed because somebody finally told the emperor he wasn't wearing clothes. 

But you think what you want. And hey, drink Ovaltine. 

3 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Yeah, I watched, and I agree with this:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emilytamkin/diplomats-un-laughed-donald-trump

See, when he says 'my administration has done more in two years than' everybody in the room was like 'oh my god, is he really about to suggest his presidency has been a historic success' and then Trump said as much. So, at that point everybody had dropped jaws from Trump's tall tale, he was then heckled, and then people laughed because somebody finally told the emperor he wasn't wearing clothes. 

But you think what you want. And hey, drink Ovaltine. 

bull ****.

You haven't watched it, and you are once again, as you always are, a liar.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1