Trump foreign policy

55 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There are no "friends" or '"allies" in geo-politics.  There are only overlapping interests; and the resulting outcomes of shifts in foreign policy changes what those overlaps are, and who they are with.

That's where a lot of people go wrong. They mistake countries having shared interests with being "friends".

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wow.  North Korea, and now this?

Obama could get a third Nobel Prize for this!

53 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There are no "friends" or '"allies" in geo-politics.  There are only overlapping interests; and the resulting outcomes of shifts in foreign policy changes what those overlaps are, and who they are with.

With the possible exception of the US and England...which is why it's called a "special relationship," because it's so unique in that regard.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Wow.  North Korea, and now this?

Obama could get a third Nobel Prize for this!

With the possible exception of the US and England...which is why it's called a "special relationship," because it's so unique in that regard.

Yes, we are after all "divided by a common language." 0:)

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'd say that exception was largely voided by England when they assisted in rigging our Presidential election and helped attempt a palace coup.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'd say that exception was largely voided by England when they assisted in rigging our Presidential election and helped attempt a palace coup.

I'd say it was voided by the Spice Girls "Wannabe" charting at #1.

• Haha (+1) 2

And I wonder just what does POTUS have up his sleeve to show his displeasure with those Brits. 

He must have a plan to kick 'em in the nads at some point. 

Maybe a few get a special chemical set for Christmas, or a tap on the back of the neck while walking in a park at night while walking their dog.

It's complicated for sure. But Trump's not a complicated man.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

And I wonder just what does POTUS have up his sleeve to show his displeasure with those Brits. 

He must have a plan to kick 'em in the nads at some point. 

Maybe a few get a special chemical set for Christmas, or a tap on the back of the neck while walking in a park at night while walking their dog.

It's complicated for sure. But Trump's not a complicated man.

I think a lot of it has been done behind the scenes. Hannigan resigning the day of the inauguration reeks of May trying to "throw Donald a bone", then there was Trump snubbing May last year (definitely more to do with this than what the public reason given at the time). While I'm still expecting/optimistic about major indictments coming at home, I think the "allied" IC cleanup will be done behind the scenes unless something dramatic changes. The FISA OIG report could change that calculus if Horowitz makes public how deep the MI6/GCHQ assistance went. 

HAMBURG (Reuters) - China may have to start buying U.S. soybeans again in coming weeks despite the trade war between the two countries as other regions cannot supply enough soybeans to meet China’s needs, Hamburg-based oilseeds analysts Oil World said on Tuesday.

/snip

“China has to resume purchases of U.S. soybeans,” Oil World said in its latest newsletter. “The South American supply shortage will make it necessary for China, in our opinion, to import 15 million tonnes of U.S. soybeans in October 2018/March 2019, even if the current trade war is not resolved.”

China may have to resume U.S. soybean purchases in weeks: Oil World

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

HAMBURG (Reuters) - China may have to start buying U.S. soybeans again in coming weeks despite the trade war between the two countries as other regions cannot supply enough soybeans to meet China’s needs, Hamburg-based oilseeds analysts Oil World said on Tuesday.

/snip

“China has to resume purchases of U.S. soybeans,” Oil World said in its latest newsletter. “The South American supply shortage will make it necessary for China, in our opinion, to import 15 million tonnes of U.S. soybeans in October 2018/March 2019, even if the current trade war is not resolved.”

China may have to resume U.S. soybean purchases in weeks: Oil World

Good, fair trade and negotiations are what the world needs, not capitulating to the EU or other countries overseas every single time

• Like (+1) 1

Saudi Arabia expelled Canada's ambassador, recalled its own envoy, and cut trade ties with Canada after it publicly denounced a crackdown on rights activists in the Gulf kingdom on Twitter.

Saudi Arabia barred all citizens from receiving medical treatment in Canada as a diplomatic dispute over criticism of its human rights record intensifies.

Saudi Arabia also ordered some 15,000 of its students in Canada to leave the country. It also announced it suspended state-run airline flights to Toronto.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/08/saudi-arabia-halts-medical-treatment-citizens-canada-180808060116922.html

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Saudi Arabia expelled Canada's ambassador, recalled its own envoy, and cut trade ties with Canada after it publicly denounced a crackdown on rights activists in the Gulf kingdom on Twitter.

Saudi Arabia barred all citizens from receiving medical treatment in Canada as a diplomatic dispute over criticism of its human rights record intensifies.

Saudi Arabia also ordered some 15,000 of its students in Canada to leave the country. It also announced it suspended state-run airline flights to Toronto.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/08/saudi-arabia-halts-medical-treatment-citizens-canada-180808060116922.html

Saudi Arabia & Canada

What does this have to do with Trump?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Saudi Arabia & Canada

What does this have to do with Trump?

Twitter ? Saudi Arabia is sensitive to criticism ? I was too lazy to look for a more appropriate thread , sue me.

• Haha (+1) 1