Trump foreign policy

MATHIEU BELANGER/REUTERS

The U.S. government reportedly threatened representatives of other governments at a recent World Health Organization assembly in a bid to alter a resolution on breastfeeding to appease infant formula manufacturers. Citing several government officials and diplomats who attended the World Health Assembly in Geneva, The New York Times reports that the U.S. delegation wanted to remove a section of the resolution urging governments to “protect, promote, and support breastfeeding” and another section calling for restrictions on the promotion of other food products that are believed to have harmful effects on children. U.S. officials threatened Ecuador when it opposed the attempt to water down the language, vowing to withdraw military aid and impose strict new trade measures, according to the report. Several other nations also reportedly backed off after threats of retaliation. “What happened was tantamount to blackmail, with the U.S. holding the world hostage and trying to overturn nearly 40 years of consensus on best way to protect infant and young child health,” Patti Rundall, the policy director of the British advocacy group Baby Milk Action, told the Times. U.S. officials were ultimately unsuccessful in changing the resolution—but only because of an apparent unwillingness to threaten Russia, which had introduced the measure. 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

I swear, we are all being pranked. 

If both balloons don't end up in a slow moving dogfight by the end of the day, I'll be sorely disappointed. 

Never mind the Khan balloon.......................lets get this flying over Londonstan again.

Image result for giant pig balloon

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yup. May is screeeeeewed for trying to do a soft BrexIt. 

Will there be a Prime Minister when Trump arrives?  TBD

Yup. May was put into submission (for attempting to overthrow Trump) immediately upon Trump's victory and Hannigan's resignation, she'll be gone soon. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for Trump's meeting with May and then for his meeting with the Queen. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. May was put into submission (for attempting to overthrow Trump) immediately upon Trump's victory and Hannigan's resignation, she'll be gone soon. 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for Trump's meeting with May and then for his meeting with the Queen. 

He's meeting the Queen????

He's so challenged when it comes to protocol, we'll probably be at war with England by the end of the day...  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's meeting the Queen????

He's so challenged when it comes to protocol, we'll probably be at war with England by the end of the day..:lol:

Well..................on the plus side that will help Gator's "defense industry stocks"

B-)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is there a brexit (only) thread? I searched but couldn't find one.