Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

The Aristotelian gambit! 

Maybe they’re getting ready to sack up and knock the s hit out of some of their invaders. 

270% Canadian rarified on US dairy products sounds pretty fair - don’t cha think? :blink:

They used to make margarine producers sell their product without food coloring because the dairy farmers complained. It was white as tallow but they sold it with a packet of yellow food die so you could make it look more like butter. 

Not sure if they still do that **** now or not. 

That ended in the 1950s. 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I don't GAF what anyone says, Merkel and Trump look like Bother and sister.

Conicidentally, no one gives a !@#$ what you say either.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

DfRhp21WAAAFBW6.jpg

Now if Obama were in the center, that would be great...

• Haha (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I like that we finally have someone in the Oval Office who is willing to stand up to the petulant eurotrash. Huzzah mister president!

Yeah, lots of balls standing up to our friends and allies that looked up to us as defenders of freedom. But to our real enemies not so much. Real tough guy.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah, lots of balls standing up to our friends and allies that looked up to us as defenders of freedom. But to our real enemies not so much. Real tough guy.

Tell that to the 300+ Russian mercenaries who got slaughtered just a month or two ago. Or to the three hostages now free from the DPRK. Or to Putin's oligarch pals who are under some of the most targeted and crippling sanctions ever doled out on an individual level. Or to the people of Iran who are entering in their seventh month of protesting a regime and are receiving open support from the United States. 

No one is standing up "to our friends", but someone is standing up for us. 

It's perfectly reasonable to question the negotiating tactics being employed by this administration, don't misunderstand me. It's just completely inaccurate to suggest (or outright state) that US policy has somehow gotten easier on our enemies. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wtf are you prattling on about? He’s bringing noko to the table, re-marginalizing Iran (which the euro quislings hate) and he’s actually demanding they pay their fair share for defense. For far too long they’ve had a free ride while they undermine our foreign policy. It’s about time someone stood up.

Edited by joesixpack

Trump’s criticism of G-7 is ‘unprecedented’ scream the elite -- That’s the whole point of Electing Trump!
by Steve Hilton

Original Article

.President Trump’s participation in the G7 conference in Canada focused on trade. Once again, he made it clear that he wants our trading partners’ tariffs and other barriers to U.S. imports to come down. This gave the American press the vapors, but why? Our president certainly should try to reduce obstacles to sales of American goods.

Edited by B-Man

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Wtf are you prattling on about? He’s bringing noko to the table, re-marginalizing Iran (which the euro quislings hate) and he’s actually demanding they pay their fair share for defense. For far too long they’ve had a free ride while they undermine our foreign policy. It’s about time someone stood up.

I despise Trump, I mean visceral hate. But I agree with this post. 

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Is it his policies or his demeanor and personality that bring about this hate?

both...but I am also one who wants to see good things happening, and I do believe good things are happening in some areas..and only some areas, but especially in foreign policy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

both...but I am also one who wants to see good things happening, and I do believe good things are happening in some areas..and only some areas, but especially in foreign policy.

Fair enough. You won't find a lot of people here who initially admired him as a person. His style is that of a circus barker but he doesn't take his eye off the ball and he has a clear vision for what he wants to do. As a person who has spent decades negotiating deals I understand his negotiating style and where and why he draws lines where he does. He has the potential to be a great president, albeit in the style of "The Coach" (Chuck Dickerson).

Merkel-Trump-G7-2018-w-border-e152863652The featured image photo was released by the Office of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

By releasing the photo, Merkel signaled that she viewed it as portraying her favorably. She was standing above Trump, with most of the other G-87 nations having her back visually (other than Japanese Prime Minister Abe).

The NY Times put the photo on its front page, you know the Editors thought it made Trump look bad:

That’s pretty much the reading the mainstream media and anti-Trump social media is giving the photo. That the photo shows the U.S. isolated even among its allies, that Trump looks weak, and that we need to defer to Germany and other allies on trade and security issues. It also is another occasion for the fevered swamps of Russia-collusion theories to accuse Trump of being Putin’s puppet in splitting the West.

This is clearly one of those Rorschach Test-type photos, so people can read into it what they want.

But I think the anti-Trump reading of the photo ignores what happened in 2016. Is Trump standing up to foreign leaders to pursue what he views as a pro-American position really a negative? Trump supporters, and I think a lot of independents, will view this photo much more favorably.

I think Seth Mandel had it right:

… if anyone thinks this Steffen Seibert photo is going to hurt Trump with voters I really don’t think you’ve been paying attention

“The Germans and French are angry with Trump, so vote Democrat” is… well let me just say, I wouldn’t advise Dems to run with this one

From Prof. Jacobson: https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/06/who-won-in-merkel-trump-g-7-photo-reader-poll/#more-251977

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Merkel-Trump-G7-2018-w-border-e152863652The featured image photo was released by the Office of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

By releasing the photo, Merkel signaled that she viewed it as portraying her favorably. She was standing above Trump, with most of the other G-87 nations having her back visually (other than Japanese Prime Minister Abe).

The NY Times put the photo on its front page, you know the Editors thought it made Trump look bad:

That’s pretty much the reading the mainstream media and anti-Trump social media is giving the photo. That the photo shows the U.S. isolated even among its allies, that Trump looks weak, and that we need to defer to Germany and other allies on trade and security issues. It also is another occasion for the fevered swamps of Russia-collusion theories to accuse Trump of being Putin’s puppet in splitting the West.

This is clearly one of those Rorschach Test-type photos, so people can read into it what they want.

But I think the anti-Trump reading of the photo ignores what happened in 2016. Is Trump standing up to foreign leaders to pursue what he views as a pro-American position really a negative? Trump supporters, and I think a lot of independents, will view this photo much more favorably.

I think Seth Mandel had it right:

… if anyone thinks this Steffen Seibert photo is going to hurt Trump with voters I really don’t think you’ve been paying attention

“The Germans and French are angry with Trump, so vote Democrat” is… well let me just say, I wouldn’t advise Dems to run with this one

From Prof. Jacobson: https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/06/who-won-in-merkel-trump-g-7-photo-reader-poll/#more-251977

Two different realities exist right now for most of this country. You see it in the media coverage, hear it in the bars and on social media. Two entirely separate realities, co-existing side by side, each with their own sense of self righteousness. 

One of those realities is going to implode... and sooner than most think. The question will be, what happens next? 

Big week ahead.