Trump foreign policy

UNPOSSIBLE, HE USES NONE OF THE APPROVED STOCK PHRASES:

Roger Simon: Trump Vastly Better than Obama at Foreign Policy.

Now that we have learned CIA director and secretary of State nominee Mike Pompeo met with Kim Jung-un over Easter, it is time to acknowledge the obvious: the foreign policy of political novice Donald Trump has been vastly more successful that that of the supposedly experienced Barack Obama.

And vastly is an understatement. Obama’s foreign policy was a disaster, beginning with the peculiar apology tour that mystified much of its Middle Eastern audience, through the yet more peculiar (misspelled) reset button with Russia that further mystified Sergei Lavrov, on to Obama’s overheard whisper to Medvedev telling Putin he would be more accommodating on missile defense after the election (imagine the apoplectic reaction of our media if Trump did that!) to the Libyan war leading to the assassination of Qaddafi (the only Arab leader to voluntarily denuclearize) that created a failed state and a raft of refugees to Italy and elsewhere, and, of course, the rapid exit from Iraq that gave rise to ISIS.

And this omits the equally egregious examples – the failure to enforce the red line on Assad’s use of chemical weapons, about which he naively believed Putin, and the never-signed, never published Iran Deal itself, which has done nothing but enrich the mullahs who wreak havoc from Venezuela to Yemen. This duplicitous and unverifiable non-agreement prolonged the monstrous Syrian civil war, causing the greatest refugee crisis since World War II and changing the character of Europe possibly forever.

There’s more but you get the point. Not even Jimmy Carter had that bad a record. And this is without Obama’s sickening lack of response to the freedom demonstrators in Iran.

(“Obama, Obama, are you with us or are you with them?” Well, we know.)

And Trump?

To begin with, there’s the near-annihilation of ISIS. Then there’s the renewed alliance with Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States without, miracle of miracles, the ostracism of Israel. Indeed, while announcing the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem (with little protest by ME standards), the Israeli-Saudi alliance has flourished. Does this mean an solution to the Israeli-Palestinian problem is imminent? Probably not. But at least the decades of moribund unchanging policy since Oslo have finally been bypassed and new perspectives made possible.

Read the whole thing.

I REMEMBER WHEN HIS TWEETS WERE GOING TO BRING ABOUT WORLD WAR III: 

South Korean President Credits Trump With Bringing North Korea To The Table.

Edited by B-Man

Despite several days of warning and Russian claims otherwise, Syrian air defenses launched only two missiles during strikes by the United States, United Kingdom, and France to destroy the country’s chemical weapons capability. Both missiles missed the incoming cruise missiles. Syrian forces fired several dozen other missiles after the strikes were over when there was nothing left to hit.

The Daily Beast reports that Syrian air defenses, largely consisting of Cold War era air defense radars and missiles, launched only two surface-to-air missiles against the barrage of 105 JASSM, Tomahawk, SCALP, and Storm Shadow missiles that struck targets throughout the country on April 13th. The cruise missiles struck three chemical weapons development and storage facilities across Syria.

It’s not clear why the two missiles that were fired during the strikes were launched in the first place. Syrian air defenses could have caught a fleeting glimpse of some of the cruise missiles on radar, then lost them when the low-flying missiles were masked from radar by nearby terrain. It’s possible they were launched by mistake during the confusion of the attack. It’s also possible that Syrian air defense commanders could have also launched the missiles blind, knowing they were under attack, to save face.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a19864941/syria-fired-only-2-missiles-against-allied-strikes/

Big: 

This gives me chills... 

They're chanting (loosely): "Our enemy is right here, they're lying when they say it's America"...

Those thinking this is the same ol' protests, think again.

Bye-bye Mullahs. 

I forgot to add one thing they're chanting after their rejection of the "Great Satan" world view of the Mullah's....

"Wait until we are armed."

.... I'll let that one hang. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Big: 

This gives me chills... 

They're chanting (loosely): "Our enemy is right here, they're lying when they say it's America"...

Those thinking this is the same ol' protests, think again.

Bye-bye Mullahs. 

I forgot to add one thing they're chanting after their rejection of the "Great Satan" world view of the Mullah's....

"Wait until we are armed."

.... I'll let that one hang. 

Brave mofos.

Hoping they win.

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Koko78 said:

2 anti-air missiles fired, 0 hits, and 13 79 142 allied missiles destroyed in mid-air by Syrian defenses.

Man, that’s some shooting by those Syrians. 

Hey, did you know that Chairman Mao swam across the Yangtze a distance of some three miles when he was about 70? And he did it in world record time of about six or seven minutes too! That played well for the home team in China back in the day. 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Man, that’s some shooting by those Syrians. 

Hey, did you know that Chairman Mao swam across the Yangtze a distance of some three miles when he was about 70? And he did it in world record time of about six or seven minutes too! That played well for the home team in China back in the day. 

Kim Jong Il hit 11 holes-in-one the first time he ever golfed. I'm sure there were 7 caddies (and their families) that didn't make it past the remaining holes, after clearly giving Dear Leader the wrong club.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Kim Jong Il hit 11 holes-in-one the first time he ever golfed. I'm sure there were 7 caddies (and their families) that didn't make it past the remaining holes, after clearly giving Dear Leader the wrong club.

No way. He only played 9 holes!

On 4/11/2018 at 9:25 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Which is why the path to peace - and stability - will include keeping Tartus in Russian hands. That's what they care about most in country. That's an easy pill to swallow - or would be if the nation hasn't been fed HGH pills re Russia being a hostile enemy for the past 12+ months... 

Just like shifting Poland’s borders to the west after WW2 was the “path to peace” and “stability” Why? Because it was EASIER. How do you think the Poles liked that?

Endorsed by FDR, Churchill, because they didn’t want to upset UJ. 

Is Russia a US/NATO ally in your mind?

Edited by Thurmal34

2 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Just like shifting Poland’s borders to the west after WW2 was the “path to peace” and “stability” Why? Because it was EASIER. How do you think the Poles liked that?

Endorsed by FDR, Churchill, because they didn’t want to upset UJ. 

The Russians have controlled Tartus since 1971. It's not appeasement to let them keep what's theirs. Poor comparison. 

Maybe you aren’t aware of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact of 39? The one that replicated the Brest-Livotsk treaty and established a demarcation line in the middle of a third party country? The one that allowed UJ and Molotov to insist even as the USSR was getting crushed that any post war reconciliation and borders post an Allied victory must include the Polish land the USSR took in the fall of 39 and never gave back?

Claiming land with a date means nothing. Or wait, does it?

8 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Maybe you aren’t aware of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact of 39? The one that replicated the Brest-Livotsk treaty and established a demarcation line in the middle of a third party country? The one that allowed UJ and Molotov to insist even as the USSR was getting crushed that any post war reconciliation and borders post an Allied victory must include the Polish land the USSR took in the fall of 39 and never gave back?

The Russian Federation purchased the land from Syria in the 90s. They're not taking or gaining anything they don't already legally possess. The point I was making was that keeping what is theirs is all Russia cares about in Syria. If push comes to shove, that's their red line. Crafting a deal that allows them to keep what is already theirs is not appeasement. 

Unless you're advocating we use force to take a Russian naval base they've occupied peacefully for half a century?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Russian Federation purchased the land from Syria in the 90s. They're not taking or gaining anything they don't already legally possess. The point I was making was that keeping what is theirs is all Russia cares about in Syria. If push comes to shove, that's their red line. Crafting a deal that allows them to keep what is already theirs is not appeasement. 

Unless you're advocating we use force to take a Russian naval base they've occupied peacefully for half a century?

Ok - sounds good. I believe you that that’s all they care about in Syria. They probably have no other interests there. 

26 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Holy Christ, that is a stupid post.  The only thing WWII and Russian occupation of Syria have in common is that you don't understand either of them.  

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Ok - sounds good. I believe you that that’s all they care about in Syria. They probably have no other interests there. 

Where did I say they have no other interests? 

I said they'll give up everything else if we pushed them to. Literally the opposite of what you're trying to argue is my position. 

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Holy Christ, that is a stupid post.  The only thing WWII and Russian occupation of Syria have in common is that you don't understand either of them.  

Yawn. Another day, another insult from you. Whatever. If you’d like grow up and actually have a mature discussion, I’m all ears and would love to chat. If not, please save the insults for someone else.

13 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

I’m not arguing anything, and I certainly don’t care what your position is. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Believe what you want. 

You have to do better than that, and you will.....