Bucky Brooks: 2016 NFL Draft Do-over

26CornerBlitz

2016 draft do-over: Prescott goes No. 1
Dak Prescott had to wait until Round 4 to hear his name called in the 2016 draft, but the sensational rookie QB gets the glory in Bucky Brooks' redo, going No. 1 overall to the Rams.

19. BUFFALO BILLS

Pick: Shaq Lawson

Do-over: DeForest Buckner

Rex Ryan loves big-bodied defenders with versatile skills. Buckner could fill multiple roles along the Bills' front line.

2016 draft do-over: Prescott goes No. 1

19. BUFFALO BILLS

Pick: Shaq Lawson

Do-over: DeForest Buckner

Rex Ryan loves big-bodied defenders with versatile skills. Buckner could fill multiple roles along the Bills' front line.

Interesting that he puts Adolphus Washington as the Packers re-pick at #27.

Washington looked a lot better in preseason and earlier in the year but he appears to have the potential to be a very good player.

What that pick did reflect was the value of letting talent fall to you.

Jerry's already taking credit for the pick even though they tried hard to get Paxton Lynch and couldn't work a trade up so they "settled" for Dak.

Lucky ducks. They got the best running back and qb in the nation in one draft. If that linebacker pans out for them its an all time best draft

Interesting that Lawson is not drafted in this article, but Washington and Ragland both are.

I know he missed all preseason and the first 6 weeks of camp but Lawson has looked just like a regular player he's done very little to show his talent and skill. his potential and why he was drafted in the first round hasn't been proven. He might be a bust

Edited by uticaclub

So the positive spin: According to Bucky, the Bills drafted two first round quality players. Of course one of them has not seen the field so that is a bit speculative. And, I would say that at times, Lawson has looked like a first-round pick--the potential is certainly there, give him a full season and I do think he will live up to his draft status.

Thus, all indications are these first three 2016 picks were good selections and give they give Bills hope on the defensive side of the ball.

Washington looked a lot better in preseason and earlier in the year but he appears to have the potential to be a very good player.

My hope is that we end up with three first round quality players out of the 2016 draft in Ragland, Washington, and Lawson. I have two thoughts when it comes to Lawson. First the injury and coming back from it takes time. I look at Vic Beasley in Atlanta for how tough it is for a healthy rookie pass rusher to make an impact.

My second, and pessimistic thought is, I hope this doesn't turn into a Hardy and Johnson situation. The later pick turns into the productive player. Granted Hardy had issues off the field which most likely led to his down fall.

Ultimately I think you have to wait till the second season on D Lineman to make an educated judgement to what you have.

He also put Reggie Ragland to the 49ers re=pick #28.

I know he missed all preseason and the first 6 weeks of camp but Lawson has looked just like a regular player he's done very little to show his talent and skill. his potential and why he was drafted in the first round hasn't been proven. He might be a bust

he also might be a great player....

A little early to worry about that. Shaq will be fine.

Not in Buffalo.....I'm guessing some will want to trade him this off-season

Edited by nucci

Jerry's already taking credit for the pick even though they tried hard to get Paxton Lynch and couldn't work a trade up so they "settled" for Dak.

Lucky ducks. They got the best running back and qb in the nation in one draft. If that linebacker pans out for them its an all time best draft

Well...Dak will have to work out as well for that to be true. Sure he had a great start to the season (helps to have the best line in football, the best rushing attack, healthy WR's - one of them being top 5 in the game) but he has looked awfully warty the past few weeks when teams are keying in on what he did well and making him adjust.

Im not saying he is a bust, im just not saying hes great as of right now.

Best QB in the nation?

For all the fire Whaley people, the Bills have 2 of Bucky's 1st rders on their roster. Whaley knows talent.

Yes, Ragland has certainly proven to be an excellent selection,well worth giving away two fourth round picks for. Do you think he'll get any votes for DROY?

They were trying hard to trade up to get Conner Cook but Oakland beat them to him, then they took Dak. The same thing with Brady applies with Dak, if they knew he'd be that good they would have taken him at #4.