Sammy Talking Again

plenzmd1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're Sammy, it has to kill you watching what Landry, Evans, & Beckham do. Landry is half as physically talent as Sammy and they feed him the ball.

We need a QB in the worst way. Rex salivates over TT, and was the one advocating to bring him here. I think he is on pace for 2900 yards this season- pathetic.

That's the whole point tho...make it easy for him to get the ball...quick screen, routes out of the backfield, etc...he HAS to get the ball, he is every bit as much of a gamebreaker as McCoy...

I like my chances with Sammy one on one out on a quick screen against pretty much anyone.

Then you have an issue with the design of the offense - a.k.a. coaching philosophy - and that is on Rex and the Offensive Coordinator who designed this offense - Roman and also on the guy calling the plays - Lynn

I happen to think that is exactly where most (not all) of the blame should fall.

I'd be fine with him just yelling "THROW ME THE !@#$ING BALL".

Something is inherently broken when your TE catches a pass in the middle of field during week 16 and you're actually surprised. Not because he caught it but because it was a throw into the middle of the field.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

Then you have an issue with the design of the offense - a.k.a. coaching philosophy - and that is on Rex and the Offensive Coordinator who designed this offense - Roman and also on the guy calling the plays - Lynn

I happen to think that is exactly where most (not all) of the blame should fall.

I mean why can't Tyrod see a stacked box, Sammy one on one on the outside with his man 10 yards off and just stand up and throw it to Watkins instead of handing it off for a 1 yard gain when a run is called? Simple audible at the line alerts the team. It's basically as safe as a run...either Watkins catches it or it falls incomplete...

I'd rather see this 5 times a game then 5 runs into a stacked box...guarantee Watkins ends up with more yards from those 5 passes than McCoy ends up with with on this 5 carries with defenders all over the place.

Tons of teams have these run/pass concepts now where you run two plays at once...a run and a pass and the QB decides what to do. I'm not asking Tyrod to be Drew Breed here with these, just see a stacked box, one on one coverage and make a simple check anyone on the couch could make and throw it to Watkins instead of running a play with little chance of succeeding...

It's just such simple, smart football and literally requires next to no practice.

1) Is the box stacked?

2) Is Watkins man 10 yards off?

If both those are yes, audible, take the snap, plant your foot and immediately throw a pass right down the line to Watkins...like what Brady does 5 or 6 times a game...gets free yardage the D is giving. It just is so easy, I don't get why we don't do it??

If you want to make it more believable don't even audible just give Watkins some type of hand sign at the line and the rest of the team thinks it's still a run and carries out the run play..

It doesn't even have to be Watkins...could be either of the WRs who are on the outside

Edited by matter2003

This offense has always been a project in development. Not a one year flourish of stats. i read all your posts and think you bring a fair take to most bullet points.

Sammy being injured dicked up the plan. everyone can criticize that til the cow come home. But i truly believe after the last half of last season Sammy and Tyrod were going to take off. So did you, it's okay to admit it.

What has happened to the offense is pretty simple. Bills tried to recover by returning to the run game after all the WR injuries. But not having Watkins was brutal. And i am not a big fan of him. But he really is THAT good.

Look what TT did with Clay last week and then with Robert Wood.

Like Eric said. " We are closer than you think "

i will stand by that

and TT can play ball.

Maybe some folks don't realize how tight WRs need to be with his QB.

reps reps reps gain trust and trust is the next level

I mean why can't Tyrod see a stacked box, Sammy one on one on the outside with his man 10 yards off and just stand up and throw it to Watkins instead of handing it off for a 1 yard gain when a run is called? Simple audible at the line alerts the team. It's basically as safe as a run...either Watkins catches it or it falls incomplete...

I'd rather see this 5 times a game then 5 runs into a stacked box...guarantee Watkins ends up with more yards from those 5 passes than McCoy ends up with with on this 5 carries with defenders all over the place.

Tons of teams have these run/pass concepts now where you run two plays at once...a run and a pass and the QB decides what to do. I'm not asking Tyrod to be Drew Breed here with these, just see a stacked box, one on one coverage and make a simple check anyone on the couch could make and throw it to Watkins instead of running a play with little chance of succeeding...

It's just such simple, smart football and literally requires next to no practice.

1) Is the box stacked?

2) Is Watkins man 10 yards off?

If both those are yes, audible, take the snap, plant your foot and immediately throw a pass right down the line to Watkins...like what Brady does 5 or 6 times a game...gets free yardage the D is giving. It just is so easy, I don't get why we don't do it??

If you want to make it more believable don't even audible just give Watkins some type of hand sign at the line and the rest of the team thinks it's still a run and carries out the run play..

It doesn't even have to be Watkins...could be either of the WRs who are on the outside

I watched Ben do the same thing a couple weeks ago when watching a foreign game.

WRs running wide open in front of him. Does anyone realize the game is chess not checkers ( not you breh) top and field position are always in play as is the clock when driving. If every one threw to the guy the fans see open well wouldn't we all be in the super bowl? All verts all the time !!!!

This offense has always been a project in development. Not a one year flourish of stats. i read all your posts and think you bring a fair take to most bullet points.

Sammy being injured dicked up the plan. everyone can criticize that til the cow come home. But i truly believe after the last half of last season Sammy and Tyrod were going to take off. So did you, it's okay to admit it.

What has happened to the offense is pretty simple. Bills tried to recover by returning to the run game after all the WR injuries. But not having Watkins was brutal. And i am not a big fan of him. But he really is THAT good.

i will stand by that

and TT can play ball.

BUT...no matter what metric we look at, it is a highly productive, if unconventional offense...

We score points, a lot of points...top 10 in the NFL.

We are the #1 rushing team and #1 by a mile in Pro Football Outsiders Team Rushing DVOA(we are 21.1% and second place is Dallas at 13.5%...we are 9th in total DVOA at 11.9%, we are 5th in variance at 3.1% meaning we are very consistent week to week offensively...and we haven't played defensive cupcakes all year...we have played a middle of the road schedule against opposing defenses...

defense is the issue...we are 24th in team defensive DVOA, and are one of the most incosistent teams in that ragard, ranked 28th...we also have played the 3rd easiest schedule on defense, which is even more damning...we are allowing yards and points to bad offensive teams.

Special Teams have been meh coming in at -0.9% DVOA or 18th in the NFL

NOPE. EJ Manuel should never have made the roster. Every time he comes in a collective groan comes from Bills fans everywhere.

I know what Cardale is capable of because I'm a Buckeyes fan and I have seen what he can do under a real coach in Urban Meyer.

Rex Ryan isn't anywhere close to being a real head coach... what HE THINKS is garbage. That's why he should be FIRED!!!!!!

Yeah so when teams got more tape on Jones, he was throwing for multiple ints against Mac teams.

I'm very happy with his pick but to act like he is ready for the NFL because he had a couple good games is silly at this point. The Bills are doing the right thing and letting him learn.

He's trash

Players you think are trash: Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, & Sammy Watkins. I know who I want the next Bills GM to be!!!

Yeah so when teams got more tape on Jones, he was throwing for multiple ints against Mac teams.

I'm very happy with his pick but to act like he is ready for the NFL because he had a couple good games is silly at this point. The Bills are doing the right thing and letting him learn.

Players you think are trash: Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, & Sammy Watkins. I know who I want the next Bills GM to be!!!

chan gailey?

Landry laps Sammy in one key attribute: ability to stay on the field. He has never missed a game. Maybe that has a little something to do with building rapport?

Definitely a very valid point on Sammy. It's my one concern with him.

But when he is playing, there is zero reason not to feed him the ball. The fins throw 5 yard passes and screens to Landry. It doesn't take much rapport to do those.

chan gailey?

:)

i will stand by that

and TT can play ball.

I watched Ben do the same thing a couple weeks ago when watching a foreign game.

WRs running wide open in front of him. Does anyone realize the game is chess not checkers ( not you breh) top and field position are always in play as is the clock when driving. If every one threw to the guy the fans see open well wouldn't we all be in the super bowl? All verts all the time !!!!

I agree with you.

I wish I could sit in on a few practices during the week and see how much time they spend rehearsing run plays vs. pass plays. None of us really know how much time they devote to developing and improving the passing game. But you can bet whatever amount of time that is, it certainly isn't enough. That is on Rex and his staff.

They are pretty darn good at designing run plays that this team can execute most of the time. They are very bad at getting this team to execute any kind of serious passing attack. It isn't because Tyrod is incapable of throwing the football. It is quite possible he isn't capable of executing the passing game the way they want him to. But if that is the case, then you better adjust your passing game however you need to in order to get production out of the best quarterback on your team.

Coaches get a big fat fail in that category.

Sammy could/should be getting a play action home run pass thrown his way every single game on against a defense that is committed to stopping the run. If the coaches were committed to such things, then you would see it more often in games. The coaches obviously don't see that as a priority. Otherwise you would see it more. We would be getting some PI calls deep down field and maybe even get some deep completions too.