Cowboys OC Scott Linehan

YoloinOhio

He was completely underwhelming as a head coach. I don't think he has the personality. He has a monster oline and coordinators that work for a head coach who has the same background as they worry me. So since Garrett is an offensive guy, how much input is he helping with the offense?

I will say I'm warming up to Josh McDaniels. My first choice is David Shaw but that's a pipe dream.

Jim bob mother!@#$ing cooter

Def done a good job but it might be too much. And as much as he is a robot, Caldwell is a big part of their offense.

He was completely underwhelming as a head coach. I don't think he has the personality. He has a monster oline and coordinators that work for a head coach who has the same background as they worry me. So since Garrett is an offensive guy, how much input is he helping with the offense?

I will say I'm warming up to Josh McDaniels. My first choice is David Shaw but that's a pipe dream.

Def done a good job but it might be too much. And as much as he is a robot, Caldwell is a big part of their offense.

Linehan calls the plays

Hmmm....a failed retread. I guess he could be successful with the right QB.

On second though, I've thought I've heard of him before.... He's been around the block and has not had the success he's now enjoying. Likely due to having a dominant OL and a QB who's pretty decent. Won't work out here.

Show me a coach who makes the most out of little talent. Linehan isn't that.

McDaniels is never - NEVER coming to Buffalo, it's not even worth discussing.

Yeah good point on Linehan. He was a joke last year.

And why do you say McDaniels won't come here? Because the cushy job he has currently? A guy with an ego would love to beat their former boss. You're probably right though.

And why do you say McDaniels won't come here? Because the cushy job he has currently? A guy with an ego would love to beat their former boss. You're probably right though.

Cassel couldn't make him look good. :lol: No surprise there.

He's having success with a rookie QB drafted in the 4th round. Pretty sure he has something to do with that and it wasn't just a finished product that fell in his lap. He should get credit for Dak's performance this season. And their balanced offense. They have a good OL and running game which is something that can continue to be built and we already have some good pieces there. Our running game is just as good.

Edited by YoloinOhio

So many reasons. One is that he knows BB and Brady are GOAT and is too smart to kill his coaching career by landing in their division. Second he will wait for a better GM situation, preferably one of BB's cronies like Lombardi or Dimitroff. Third is that his cocky personality won't impress the Pegulas who just got burned by hiring an egomaniac coach. Among many other reasons. It will never happen.

Show me a coach who makes the most out of little talent. Linehan isn't that.

McDaniels is never - NEVER coming to Buffalo, it's not even worth discussing.

True story...I'm actually a little surprised more people fail to understand this... B-)

So many reasons. One is that he knows BB and Brady are GOAT and is too smart to kill his coaching career by landing in their division. Second he will wait for a better GM situation, preferably one of BB's cronies like Lombardi or Dimitroff. Third is that his cocky personality won't impress the Pegulas who just got burned by hiring an egomaniac coach. Among many other reasons. It will never happen.

I don't necessarily disagree but if I was selling the job to him:

1) very good oline, McCoy, & Watkins is a very good starting group on offense.

2) he would get to handpick his qb (hopefully not Tebow). You would think a new offensive coach would love that.

3) if you pick a rookie or young guy, you should buy yourself at least 3 years.

On second though, I've thought I've heard of him before.... He's been around the block and has not had the success he's now enjoying. Likely due to having a dominant OL and a QB who's pretty decent. Won't work out here.

Unless that becomes his game plan this time around. Grab a good O-Line then try to put the best QB possible behind it.