Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

People need to lower their expectations, no one worth anything would want to come to the Bills. Way too much pressure to find success right away.

Stop with the low self esteem pity party. This team has plenty of talent and the Pegulas are awesome people to work for.

An offensive mind coach gets to inherit a guy who had a year sitting and learning and draft another qb. There are plenty of good pieces on this team. Aim high!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes. On paper Whaley has done some decent things. Three coaches in how many seasons? That is not great. Even if he wasn't a major part of the Gailey and Marrone process. Gailey was more Nix and Brandon and Marrone was joint Nix, Brandon and Whaley

I'm sorry, but FO cleaning should commence. Let Terry finally pick his guys and build a quality foundation finally for this team.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Stop with the low self esteem pity party. This team has plenty of talent and the Pegulas are awesome people to work for.

An offensive mind coach gets to inherit a guy who had a year sitting and learning and draft another qb. There are plenty of good pieces on this team. Aim high!

It's not a pity party at all. Anyone worthwhile is going to want to go to a better run organization that doesn't have 'the streak' hovering over head. It's as objective of take as I can make. Our best bet is to find a diamond in the rough with a younger up and coming OC or DC, imo. Someone that isn't highly sought, or a 'big name'. Also, I know everyone here hates 'continuity', but frankly at some point we're going to have to let someone have a few years to get things going.

It's not a pity party at all. Anyone worthwhile is going to want to go to a better run organization that doesn't have 'the streak' hovering over head. It's as objective of take as I can make. Our best bet is to find a diamond in the rough with a younger up and coming OC or DC, imo. Someone that isn't highly sought, or a 'big name'. Also, I know everyone here hates 'continuity', but frankly at some point we're going to have to let someone have a few years to get things going.

Bills' fans need to stop with this streak. No player or coach gives a crap about the years that happened before they were a part of the team. Why should a guy like Shaq Lawson care about what happened when he was 6 years old?

Plus any coach should have an ego. If anything, they might want to be the guy to end the streak.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Bills' fans need to stop with this streak. No player or coach gives a crap about the years that happened before they were a part of the team. Why should a guy like Shaq Lawson care about what happened when he was 6 years old?

Plus any coach should have an ego. If anything, they might want to be the guy to end the streak.

Easier said than done, but I do agree that people need to reset their expectations and not heap 17 years on whomever. Fact is we have a good chance at a winning record this year, yet our team has regularly gotten booed at home, because we all know we're missing the playoffs again. I'm not sure what other fanbases are like, but does a .500 or 9-7 team get booed at home regularly?

I truly don't think anything has been decided. I do think there is certainly a much higher chance he's fired than there was before the season. I think they preferred to give him at least 3 years, but he's making it really hard for them to do that. I don't think they will decide his fate until the season is over though, or very close to it.

These same reporters have been saying Chuck Pagano is going to get fired for years and he's still around. I think Schefter is a legit source for sure, but don't think this means it's a "done deal." Yet.

"Widespread belief in league circles . . . ."

This is BS and not based on sourcing. This is no better than La Canfora or anyone else expressing what they think without having any inside information.

It may even be about as accurate as this:

Adam SchefterEgiaztatu kontua @AdamSchefter 2014 abe. 31

New York Jets become favorites to land former Bills HC Doug Marrone, who is from the Bronx.

18:17 - 2014 abe. 31
283 erantzun 1.070 bertxio 692 atsegin

I truly don't think anything has been decided. I do think there is certainly a much higher chance he's fired than there was before the season. I think they preferred to give him at least 3 years, but he's making it really hard for them to do that. I don't think they will decide his fate until the season is over though, or very close to it.

These same reporters have been saying Chuck Pagano is going to get fired for years and he's still around. I think Schefter is a legit source for sure, but don't think this means it's a "done deal." Yet.

Schefter is the legit source. But his language here is curbed enough to sound like he's just piggy backing on Sunday's hack job from Jason Never-La-Confirms-His-Sources.

Unless Bucky Gleason or Jerry Sullivan report it, I don't believe it. These dudes are the ones who break all the Bills stories.

Let Whaley have complete control over the process and see if he can hire a real coach for once.

All joking aside, why is it that local media seems to never break any Bills news of this sort. It's always the national guys. Weird.

Good post and I generally agree. I would have a lot more patience for Rex if he was a first time coach. But the overwhelming evidence is he got lucky his first two seasons and has been a below average coach since. The definition of replacement level. It's time for a fresh voice.

All joking aside, why is it that local media seems to never break any Bills news of this sort. It's always the national guys. Weird.

It's pretty embarrassing isn't it? But I guess a lot of the sources are agents. But it's amazing guys can work so closely with a team and develop no real relationships.

They have burned their bridges with both the Sabres and the Bills. Bucky, Sully, and Mike H. have had an agenda against them, and, as a result, karma is a B word - it appears that they have been frozen out of any inside information.

The only guy over there who has any chance of breaking a story is Tim Graham.

Good post and I generally agree. I would have a lot more patience for Rex if he was a first time coach. But the overwhelming evidence is he got lucky his first two seasons and has been a below average coach since. The definition of replacement level. It's time for a fresh voice.

It's pretty embarrassing isn't it? But I guess a lot of the sources are agents. But it's amazing guys can work so closely with a team and develop no real relationships.

They have burned their bridges with both the Sabres and the Bills. Bucky, Sully, and Mike H. have had an agenda against them, and, as a result, karma is a B word - it appears that they have been frozen out of any inside information.

The only guy over there who has any chance of breaking a story is Tim Graham.

Sure they have, but national guys always get the major ones for all teams, not just the Bills.

Agreed. My biggest fear with Rex since the day they hired him was his tendency for feast or famine. Never struck me as a details guy, the exact opposite of Doug Micro-Managing-Hardass Marrone.

Well, we've seen the feasts and we've seen the famines over the last 29 games, and the inconsistency has not been in favor of our winning percentage.

The insane part is: there is an enormous likelihood that he'll be the first Bills coach to not have a losing record since Wade. And there's still a snowball's chance he breaks the drought this year. :wacko: