MMQB: 2017 NFL GM short list

YoloinOhio

The crazy part is if the Bills hit rock bottom and had a Luck or Newton, Whaley would be viewed as one of the best GMs in the NFL.

He is one of the best things this franchise has right now. But yeah, let's run him out of town.

That's not how that works. You don't judge GM's on "if they drafted X." You do judge them on their whiffs and hits. Whaley is middle of the pack, mostly due to his propensity of making terrible nonsensical gaffes, like giving Dareus a smoke weed clause in his contract.

That's not how that works. You don't judge GM's on "if they drafted X." You do judge them on their whiffs and hits. Whaley is middle of the pack, mostly due to his propensity of making terrible nonsensical gaffes, like giving Dareus a smoke weed clause in his contract.

Well smart people would look at the big picture. I haven't been a Taylor fan but he did have a solid season as a first year starter. He deserved another year to prove himself. He didn't but at least they spend a pick on a potential qb.

And I love the Dareus' hindsight. I'm sure all Bills fans would have been cool if they let a guy who looked like one of the best defensive players walk away for nothing. But blame Whaley for him smoking weed.

i really like Monos when he's interviewed. Seems very sharp.

How much does this really matter? Les Snead is a great interview and has built a terrible team. Belichick speaks like a drunk uncle.

Wow, draft classes only get one year now?

Whaley has made his share of mistakes but all GMs do. This is a talent roster but lack a qb and a head coach. And one of those isn't probably his fault.

I'm asking for your thoughts at this juncture, you can qualify it however you want. Or you can just pout and refuse to answer the question.

Well smart people would look at the big picture. I haven't been a Taylor fan but he did have a solid season as a first year starter. He deserved another year to prove himself. He didn't but at least they spend a pick on a potential qb.

And I love the Dareus' hindsight. I'm sure all Bills fans would have been cool if they let a guy who looked like one of the best defensive players walk away for nothing. But blame Whaley for him smoking weed.

Hindsight? How do you know that Dareus would've for sure walked without his smoke weed clause? You don't.

What about extending TT a year early for no reason, which puts us in this ****ty injury predicament? He snaps his leg this weekend with the original contract and we're still sitting pretty. Nice job bro!

Big picture is out of contention in December, with his best player he's drafted (spending a pretty penny to get) leading one of worst passing attacks in the NFL. Oh and 4 years of building a defense with most of our assets that's been below average 3/4 of those years.

Killing it.

Edited by jmc12290

How much does this really matter? Les Snead is a great interview and has built a terrible team. Belichick speaks like a drunk uncle.

it was just an observation - I'm not advocating he become a GM for that reason alone. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm asking for your thoughts at this juncture, you can qualify it however you want. Or you can just pout and refuse to answer the question.

Who's pouting? Judging a draft class after a year is flat out dumb. This could end up being a terrible class or one of the best ever. Peyton Manning went 3-13 his rookie year. Bruce had 6.5 sacks and was fat.

The crazy part is if the Bills hit rock bottom and had a Luck or Newton, Whaley would be viewed as one of the best GMs in the NFL.

He is one of the best things this franchise has right now. But yeah, let's run him out of town.

What has he done really? The Sammy Watkins trade was just as dumb as trading for Losman.

He could have grabbed Derek Carr but didnt when this team badly needed a QB.

He drafted busted up players in the 1st and 2nd this past year.

He got lucky on the Shady trade

His misses out weight his hits in moves.

What has he done really? The Sammy Watkins trade was just as dumb as trading for Losman.

He could have grabbed Derek Carr but didnt when this team badly needed a QB.

He drafted busted up players in the 1st and 2nd this past year.

He got lucky on the Shady trade

His misses out weight his hits in moves.

Whaley has been living off the Hughes trade for years.